Darren Ambrose

Srg

well last year when we played well we had kuqi, who scored about twice for us but oh well its all about a big name player coming, not like it was the attacking 3 that scored all the goals or anything and its not like ambrose would play this attacking 3

Well, the fact that we lack either Kuqi or a player who can play his role should make this even more worrying then shouldn't it. Personally I'd rather a focal point of the attack like Waghorn with another two forwards in a 4-3-3 with a 3 man midfield of say Bryson, Bailey and maybe a new signing, but we still definitely have the personnel for a 4-2-3-1... Except that striker for the top who actually can hold up the ball and hound the opposition defense like Kuqi did and did well and like Waghorn can do and do well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the fact that we lack either Kuqi or a player who can play his role should make this even more worrying then shouldn't it. Personally I'd rather a focal point of the attack like Waghorn with another two forwards in a 4-3-3 with a 3 man midfield of say Bryson, Bailey and maybe a new signing, but we still definitely have the personnel for a 4-2-3-1... Except that striker for the top who actually can hold up the ball and hound the opposition defense like Kuqi did and did well and like Waghorn can do and do well.

not arguing mate, just dont see how he will hold it up aswell as someone with a presence of Kuqi

not arguing mate, just dont see how he will hold it up aswell as someone with a presence of Kuqi

There's no way he could be as good in the air. So it doesn't leave us with the option of switching our style of play should we need to.

There's no way he could be as good in the air. So it doesn't leave us with the option of switching our style of play should we need to.

There are two ways of holding the ball up. Using your body like Kuqi or keeping it under your control like Waghorn. The advantage Waghorn has is he is quicker and can therefore receive the ball on the ground and in space. Kuqi needs the long ball and more often than not will be beaten to it or struggle to find a team mate close enough.

There are two ways of holding the ball up. Using your body like Kuqi or keeping it under your control like Waghorn. The advantage Waghorn has is he is quicker and can therefore receive the ball on the ground and in space. Kuqi needs the long ball and more often than not will be beaten to it or struggle to find a team mate close enough.

Yes, so as I said, Waghorn doesn't provide the alternative that is needed. I.e. long ball when things aren't working.

Yes, so as I said, Waghorn doesn't provide the alternative that is needed. I.e. long ball when things aren't working.

Please tell me when the long ball has been effective. It is the scourge of the English game and belongs to the park game not the professional arena. We will only have a long term future in the Premiership if we can pass the ball and keep possession. The long ball is the best way of giving the ball to the opposition.

Please tell me when the long ball has been effective. It is the scourge of the English game and belongs to the park game not the professional arena. We will only have a long term future in the Premiership if we can pass the ball and keep possession. The long ball is the best way of giving the ball to the opposition.

We aren't Barcelona.

Many times last season when we tried to play football around the times when we were playing well we got squeezed and couldn't play out from the back because no one in this division is good enough to do so. It is at this point you need to change it, and someone with height allows you to do that. It is naive and downright arrogant to think otherwise. Not to mention ridiculous, when it is plain to see how plan A isnt working.

We aren't Barcelona.

Many times last season when we tried to play football around the times when we were playing well we got squeezed and couldn't play out from the back because no one in this division is good enough to do so. It is at this point you need to change it, and someone with height allows you to do that. It is naive and downright arrogant to think otherwise. Not to mention ridiculous, when it is plain to see how plan A isnt working.

I'm sorry if I appear arrogant, even if I am right.

i like playing with small players, pass the ball around a little, instead of whacking the ball up field like we did with hulse and howard?

Don't get me wrong, I want this too. But a plan B in case that does not work would be nice! That's all I'm saying.

Archived