Wembley gets's 2013 CL Final

StaffsRam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the BBC.

How the fook did that happen?

Money mate.. Being in London, the richest city in Europe.. They can push prices up to whatever they like, especially if it's a final of the magnitude of the last CL final.. Can you imagine a Man Utd vs Real Madrid final.. People would pay $500 to see that game..

Who takes a cut of the profits.. Well Uefa does..

Plus 90,000 seats in Wembley, top 3 biggest stadiums in Europe.. It's all money.. Rome, Madrid, London.. Just seen 2012 is in Bayern Munichs ground the Allianz Arena.. Suprise suprise..

well there are various different grounds, the bernabau, the nou camp, the allianz arena which has it for 2012, borrusia dortmunds stadium while not that big makes one hell of an atmosphere, the maracano stadium in Brazil is pretty damn impressive. You have the san siro as well as the stade de france the new wembley for me isn't a brilliant stadium, it lacks soul and it needs more of a history, i personally preferred my trips to old trafford than to wembley but that is just my opinion, for me it isn't the best ground in the world but that is just my opinion.

well there are various different grounds, the bernabau, the nou camp, the allianz arena which has it for 2012, borrusia dortmunds stadium while not that big makes one hell of an atmosphere, the maracano stadium in Brazil is pretty damn impressive. You have the san siro as well as the stade de france the new wembley for me isn't a brilliant stadium, it lacks soul and it needs more of a history, i personally preferred my trips to old trafford than to wembley but that is just my opinion, for me it isn't the best ground in the world but that is just my opinion.

You have just listed a few well known grounds, how many have you been to to make a judgement?

well none of them i have been to old trafford 4-5 times and enjoyed my trips more than wembley which i went too twice, but like muspech says i have seen them on tele so i can judge.

At least you are being honest. I have not been to B. Dortmunds so I cannot comment. Allianz looks great from outside but is a tad ordinary inside. The rest of them are very, very ordinary. They may be fairly big but that is it. In my opinion Wembley looks great, has superb facilities and a good view from every seat. What more could you want?

well none of them i have been to old trafford 4-5 times and enjoyed my trips more than wembley which i went too twice, but like muspech says i have seen them on tele so i can judge.

You've been to none of the grounds you mentioned so you can't judge how good the atmosphere is, tv is not a good judge. Personally the best stadium I've ever been to is the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, absolutely stunning. It was Germany v Argentina though so i'm sure that improved the atmosphere a touch.

it isn't the best ground in the world i have been there twice and it is not the best ground in the world

Is it not the best ground in the world? You said it's not the best ground in the world so I was wondering if you thought it's not the best ground in the world?

Of the ones Ive been to my top 3 are The San Siro, Azteca and Wembley

All amazing in different aspects.. I prefer the San Siro..

Wembley is amazing in sheer size but for me lacks somethng, like a bowl and you're so far away from the pitch.. On TV it sounds silent, in the ground I didn't hear a peep out of West Brom and I'm sure they said the same about us.. I literally felt a million miles away from any sort of action.. It also lacked imagination, it didn't feel unique like the old stadiums..

The Azteca is special but it doesn't hold top football matches.. Just the two WC Finals years ago, but it does have alot of history..

San Siro is my number one.. Very close to the pitch, cracking atmosphere, the design is unique and outside of the ground it just looks special with it's spirals.. Brilliant stadium.

At least you are being honest. I have not been to B. Dortmunds so I cannot comment. Allianz looks great from outside but is a tad ordinary inside. The rest of them are very, very ordinary. They may be fairly big but that is it. In my opinion Wembley looks great, has superb facilities and a good view from every seat. What more could you want?

Seeing Derby there would be nice (again)...!!!!

When did i say that?

I have been to stadiums all over the world, and none compare to the history and prestige ig going to wembley, even when the place was falling to pieces and inches deep in pee it still had something special about it.

The reason they have got it is because of the 150 anniversary

well technically it isn't as the old wembley was knocked down and a new one was built which has in my opinion got no magic at all and i think there are better grounds in england than wembley. You say you don't need to see players live to form an opinion and i was using the same analogy about stadiums.

well technically it isn't as the old wembley was knocked down and a new one was built which has in my opinion got no magic at all and i think there are better grounds in england than wembley. You say you don't need to see players live to form an opinion and i was using the same analogy about stadiums.

Meuspech didn't say that, it was Bris in discussions about Barker I think.

There was talk of Wembley becoming the home of the Champions League final a few weeks back.

Archived