His first game, what age is too young???

observer

Hi All,

I wouldnt say I am a die hard fan, I like going to derby and am a keen observer since my move up the a38 (massive trip from burton).

I have a little boy who I am quite keen on taking to matches when he gets to the right age but what would you all consider that to be,

he is currently two so no rush, I didnt think about taking him to a friendly this pre season see how he likes it???

do you all think this would be nuts???

he isnt mardy and would probs spend most the time either watching the crowd or the amazing football!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doesnt sound too young then, well i thought about trialling a few games if he likes it get a season ticket for the two of us, and then the games that I dont feel appropriate i can upgrade the ticket to an adult apparently (upto 4 times)

where would be the best bet to sit, I dont really pay attention to much when I go

take some thing for them to do if they get bored, DS etc. Just in case.

Also, if they are young and not quite up to speed with what's happening, loud cheers when we score,(not often) can scare and startle a young en.

There's lots of young supporters there. The North stand is the family stand I think.

A friendly is a good idea. That's how I started my lad off. He takes his DS for half time etc.

I always sit in the North Stand with my granddaughters. From there they can always see the ball, whereas sat on one of the sides they couldn't manage to follow it sometimes.

Agree about the noise - a friend of mine took his 2yr old to a match ( an Everton fan, poor soul!) and he was terrified when they scored , and wouldn't go again til he was 8!

doesnt sound too young then, well i thought about trialling a few games if he likes it get a season ticket for the two of us, and then the games that I dont feel appropriate i can upgrade the ticket to an adult apparently (upto 4 times)

where would be the best bet to sit, I dont really pay attention to much when I go

If your planning a season ticket each don't forget you get the little 'uns free if you pay for a Rams Squad membership (used to be young Rams) which costs £25. He'll get a birthday card signed by Rammie and a couple of players, gift voucher for the shop and they run a cheap bus for some away matches with discounted bus travel and match entry.

I went to my first game when I was four, I took my daughter and son when they turned four respectively. My concern is the opposite, when is someone too old, my dad's 80 and now I have to hold his hand again to steady him and he keeps getting stopped and asked for his bl88dy autograph for no reason. Still at least the commissionaire dops his cap and opens the door to let him in the posh bit whilst I take the rest of the tribe to the North Stand.

I went to my first game when I was four, I took my daughter and son when they turned four respectively. My concern is the opposite, when is someone too old, my dad's 80 and now I have to hold his hand again to steady him and he keeps getting stopped and asked for his bl88dy autograph for no reason. Still at least the commissionaire dops his cap and opens the door to let him in the posh bit whilst I take the rest of the tribe to the North Stand.

Thought you were explaining Robbie Savage there.

Archived