Premiership Summer Signings

Day

Forest fans on LTLF wanted £6m+ for Camp, not surprised they went for the cheaper and alot of people (outside Nottingham) would say better Given. Good signing for Villa.

Best signing so far IMO, Given still within the top 5 keepers in the Premiership and to get him for 3.5million is an absolute bargin!

Liverpool have wasted so much money, so, so, so much money :confused:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Downing - 20m

Henderson - 18m

Carroll - 30m

Value for money?

Can anyone else believe that "King Kenny" has managed to blow 68 Miliion and end up with 2 average championship players ans someone who only gets to play for England because there is no one else in his position any good.. 3 terribly expensive signings, fingers crossed they are as bad as they appear to be and the messiah has another season of nothingness.

Can anyone else believe that "King Kenny" has managed to blow 68 Miliion and end up with 2 average championship players ans someone who only gets to play for England because there is no one else in his position any good.. 3 terribly expensive signings, fingers crossed they are as bad as they appear to be and the messiah has another season of nothingness.

Who are these average championship players then? Adam isn't very good, but he's a very good championship player. Henderson is very very good, just because his price was inflated doesn't mean that he's not good. Downing is a very good premiership player, improved so much in the last few years. Yes they've overspent on what they've actually signed, but stop being so ridiculous.

Wonder who much he would have paid for them if they had Venezuelan passports?

Henderson was very poor in the U-21 tournament. If our future hopes lie in the likes of Jordan Henderson with Stuart Pearce coaching them we may not even qualify for tournaments in the future!

Downing is the one that i don't understand.

Really don't understand why he's rated. He's horrific for England anway!!

Carroll might turn out good. But for £30m? Well, i'd rather nip across to Italy and grab Pato!! Or Barca just bought Sanchez for £23m.

Tbf, i'm going off MOTD highlights and the odd Villa game. Probably watched them twice on telly in the last 3 years.

Other than that i've only seen him for England. Where i can say i'm 100% commited to calling him absoloute rubbish. There are players with just 1 cap that never even got a second chance that performed better than he has. And he's been England's answer to "the left sided problem" atleast 3 times. (btw, why do England NEED a left footer on the left? Plenty of other teams manage with right footers!)

But anyway, i don't rate him either. But i've seen him hardly at all for Villa.

£20m and not a current first team international?!? Cuckoo.

He won player of the year at Villa last season so he cant have been that bad

well tbh i still don't rate him from what i have seen, that consists of watching england and match of the day coupled with the odd game, ashley young for me is better and if anyone should have got the player of the year surely it should have been darren bent? that lad got them out of the sticky brown stuff you could say, i personally prefer ashley young as for me he is more of a threat from what i have seen.

Also downing for me was good at middlesborough but hasn't progressed, again this is just my opinion which won't be as well informed as the people who go to watch him regularly. Liverpool for me with the players like adam, henderson and downing aren't going to be touching top 4.

very good business nzogbia is a lot better than downing for me.

Yeah that is the second piece of business by Villa that has impressed me, after them picking up Given.

Let's see what else the silly ginna can do, going by his mangerial stance he could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Zidane and Ronaldo of old and still be boring as fook :rolleyes:

Wow, N'Zogbia is proper class. With £11m of Downing's money to spare.

They should spend that on Rodallega.

Eboue is for sale for £4m. Make decent back up.

I'd just blow that £11m on bench players. F*ck it, take the missus out shopping in Milan. You've still got Ashley Young's £16m to get through yet!

given and nzgobia both top 6 premiership players, given possibly top 4, i am slightly surprised man utd didn't pick him up, he would be a better solution than a young de gea.

If N'Zogbia was English, then come the World Cup Terry, Lumpard and Gerrard would be saying we have an English Messi. He'd be worth about £25m and be knighted.

Archived