Paul Scholes retires

Saunders89

he did does he now? nowadays to me he is a mediocre player and i would rather have charles nzogbia.

He's unfit, and very very low on confidence. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Joe Cole is, in my mind, one of the most talented players of his generation. Shame he hasn't fulfilled it, yet.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's unfit, and very very low on confidence. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Joe Cole is, in my mind, one of the most talented players of his generation. Shame he hasn't fulfilled it, yet.

shame he has never really fulfilled it and he never will. I don't think he has been unfit all season? and he was happy to be at liverpool when he went, he is not half as good as what giggs, scholes etc were in their prime, he has slipped to me to a mid table prem club level and he will probably stay about there.

firstly i like to welcome you to planet earth , secondly when you get here i would like to ask you on how you even come up with the ridiculous idea of comparing Scholes to Messi , Scholes was Center Mid Messi is CF / Winger,, Scholes has been a true servant and a role model to the up and coming english players ,, Messi...well he is just God with cleats but Scholes was class

Again....he was talking about Joe Cole.

shame he has never really fulfilled it and he never will. I don't think he has been unfit all season? and he was happy to be at liverpool when he went, he is not half as good as what giggs, scholes etc were in their prime, he has slipped to me to a mid table prem club level and he will probably stay about there.

First of all Liverpool are not a mid table prem club, they are a top 6 club at least. It hasn't worked out for him at Liverpool so far, give him another pre season and see how it goes, but there is absolutely no doubt the boy has talent. He's been a top premiership player, and he can be again.

yes Liverpool are but he is playing like a mid table premiership player tbh, nothing more and nothing less, for me he has had his day in the sun and now it is edging towards darkness. If he doesn't have a really good season next season then it could be curtains for him at liverpool and he will have to go to a blackburn or a bolton.

firstly i like to welcome you to planet earth , secondly when you get here i would like to ask you on how you even come up with the ridiculous idea of comparing Scholes to Messi , Scholes was Center Mid Messi is CF / Winger,, Scholes has been a true servant and a role model to the up and coming english players ,, Messi...well he is just God with cleats but Scholes was class

Now i'm back on earth.....

I didn't compare Scholes to Messi at all. Read again duck.

Thank you and goodnight. xx

Great great player, the best player of the "golden generation" by an absolute mile.

Agree, best player England have had during his time and probably the best all rounded midfielder the PL has seen.

It's a shame Man Utd didn't win more European Cups for him to properly get his recognition. He missed 99 and was subbed in 08 (and probably his best years had passed him in fairness).

(Centre Midfielders) Only Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane and Nedved (personal favourite) IMO have played at a level similar or higher than Scholes. (Maybe Pirlo too).

He will be remembered thats for sure.

Sums him up.........

Paul Scholes' announcement that he is to retire from football was made in a manner typical of the man.

Not for him a press conference complete with flashbulbs and the great and the good assembled to pay their tributes. No, the news Scholes is to quit fooball came out after the Manchester United midfielder had set off on holiday.

• 7 months later...

I think this is excellent, to come out of retirment to help them out cause its clear they need it. Hey who knows, maybe Sav will come back to Derby? Fingers crossed....

that he doesn't.

Archived