Paul Scholes retires

Saunders89

I thought he'd give it another season tbh, but then again he doesn't like much fuss. A great player though, he retired from international duty far too soon but i suppose this enabled him to play on longer for Man Utd, I tried finding his goal v Mexico at PP but you tube don't seem to have it

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised he has retired actually. He always said he wanted to end his career at Oldham. Even though, a true great of the game and one of best players to ever grace the Premier League. An extremely clever player, even with his bad tackles.

SillyBilly
He could of walked into 16 Premiership teams and been a significant part of any top 4 side. World Class

Agreed, I'm actually disappointed to hear this, one of the players I love to watch. Can you imagine what Paul Scholes in our midfield would do for us (though wouldn't happen in a million years).

Not only was he a top player he was a proffesional too. Always let his football do the talking.

that's something Gerrard and Lampard should try doing. Especially Lampard who hasn't got a patch on Scholes imo. Scholes adds far more than Lampard yet doesn't feel the need to talk about it.

If Scholes hadn't of retired for England they might of won something when they had the chance.

Too late now. Spain, Argentina, Germany, Brazil are all looking miles ahead of England. And England are stuck with passengers like Lampard and a manager that rotates strikers like i change my underpants.

Scholes has been a superb proffesional. It's a shame most kids will overlook him when they look to idolise someone. It'll be thug gobshites like Gerrard who feel the need to say things like

"Joe Cole has everything in place to be one of the greats. He could go on to be even better than Messi".

Maybe that's why England wont win bugger all. They believe their hype. Joe Cole?? lol. Wales have better players than Cole!!

Not only was he a top player he was a proffesional too. Always let his football do the talking.

that's something Gerrard and Lampard should try doing. Especially Lampard who hasn't got a patch on Scholes imo. Scholes adds far more than Lampard yet doesn't feel the need to talk about it.

If Scholes hadn't of retired for England they might of won something when they had the chance.

Too late now. Spain, Argentina, Germany, Brazil are all looking miles ahead of England. And England are stuck with passengers like Lampard and a manager that rotates strikers like i change my underpants.

Scholes has been a superb proffesional. It's a shame most kids will overlook him when they look to idolise someone. It'll be thug gobshites like Gerrard who feel the need to say things like

"Joe Cole has everything in place to be one of the greats. He could go on to be even better than Messi".

Maybe that's why England wont win bugger all. They believe their hype. Joe Cole?? lol. Wales have better players than Cole!!

To be fair, Joe Cole is an incredibly talented footballer.

To be fair, Joe Cole is an incredibly talented footballer.

But never going to be Messi. And hasn't done anything of note in a long while.

I'd rather have Bale or Bellamy playing down the flanks. And i bet no one compares those to Messi. Except maybe Holloway who thinks Adam is worth as much as Fabregas :D

Gerrard and Lampard, Terry and Ferdinand talk utter rubbish. Come the European Championships they'll fancy themselves all over again. I'd rather have a player like Scholes who just gets on with it.

But never going to be Messi

firstly i like to welcome you to planet earth , secondly when you get here i would like to ask you on how you even come up with the ridiculous idea of comparing Scholes to Messi , Scholes was Center Mid Messi is CF / Winger,, Scholes has been a true servant and a role model to the up and coming english players ,, Messi...well he is just God with cleats but Scholes was class

Archived