Worst Player

vicky-27

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Ormondroyd was a vastly underrated player. Very Crouch-like, he actually had a decent touch and quite a bit of skill. He played as a winger for Villa when they were half-decent, which goes some way towards proving my point.

When we gave Leicester Ormondroyd, Phil Gee and a stack of cash for Paul Kitson, they got by far the better deal.

talking about goalkeepers how about Steve Cherry?

Steve Cherry wasn't too bad, he just made one almighty cock up that knocked us out in the quater final of the FA 'used to be important but now as consequential as the Taveners division 7' cup.

I can still see the ozzie end erupting in a sea of green now, I think that was one of the first games where we put the away fans in the dear old Ozzie end, unless my memories playing tricks again.

Yep, moore was completely useless, so he was brave, so what, he couldnt play football. As for being solid, mama mia....he was the weak link in our team, and everyone knew it.

Ravanelli, great player, not his fault we were stupid enough to pay him a gazzillion pounds a minute.

Ravanelli was useless for us and as he almost bankrupted us he deserves to be there, moore for sheer effort and for being a man mountain doesn't deserve to be in the worst players ever.

Ian Ormondroyd was a vastly underrated player. Very Crouch-like, he actually had a decent touch and quite a bit of skill. He played as a winger for Villa when they were half-decent, which goes some way towards proving my point.

When we gave Leicester Ormondroyd, Phil Gee and a stack of cash for Paul Kitson, they got by far the better deal.

...but we made a big profit on Kitson.....how much did they get for Ormondroyd and Gee?

In my opinion too many players who did a steady job, nothing spectacular but in line with our performances at the time always get picked like Beck, Schnoor, Bragstad, Borbokis etc, but in my opinion the most horrendous player to play in a rams shirt has to be Clod Davies, if incompetence needed a human example he would be perfect, and for the cost of several million makes it even worse.

...but we made a big profit on Kitson.....how much did they get for Ormondroyd and Gee?

Depends how you look at it. We made a profit on Kitson's transfer fee, just under a million I think. But it's common knowledge that his wages were astronomical, given that his move to Newcastle initially collapsed to to excessive demands. I doubt that Ormondroyd and Gee combined were on anything like what Kitson was earning. So given that my opinion is that, squad-wise, we'd have been better off keeping Ormondroyd and Gee, you have to subtract Kitson's extra wages from the million pounds. So probably no profit on him at all, in my opinion.

I reckon the worst winger performance i saw was Candido Costa (although he wasn't too bad a player) I remember when i used to sit in the north stand, he had an utter dog poo game. Somebody who just purchased a blue and white away top, with Costa 8 on the back said, do you wanna burn this for me?! :p

I think Sturridge was better than Gee. He looked a genuine Premier League centre forward. Gee never did.

different style of football and over 10 yrs before prem league came in. I would welcome Gee at our club if he was starting out now. His goals got us up there, may not have scored a lot but got key goals. What did him and I can't remember what game it was when he went clattering in to the post in front of the key club end with both his shins trying to get on the end of a cross. How he did not break both of his legs was amazing. He was my fav player in the 1986/87 season when I started going. Closely followed by Micklewhite.

Archived