Worst Player

vicky-27

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to say that was harsh on Ian Taylor as his goals pretty much kept us up and his next season we got into the play offs. Im also amazed at somone saying Edworthy and D Powell. Powell did a good job protecting the back 3 as it was at the time and the season we went down we missed him when he was injured as no one else played that role as well as him. He wasnt very good on the ball but he won it and gave it to the good players, well mostly.

I can not understand why DPFG gets the bird. He was a very good player at what he was good at doing, which was tackleing and breaking the play up. He always new it was tongue in cheek to call him a football genius. He was a very similar player to Robbie Savage.

Its a little like saying Bianio or Asanovic were crap players because they could not tackle or head a ball.

Is Kris Commons useless because he doesn't tackle ?, No.

DPFG was bloody good at what he was played for and paided to do. FACT !.

Preacher

well when i saw him play he wasnt no good. i think he was part of the deal to bring wanchope over. but everyone has there opinions

Indeed, it was a double deal but I think it was Solis that was the primary target. He didn't play often but I saw him in the reserves and he looked pretty good. Nice simple passer and solid tackler. There were just too many midfielders on the squad to justify using a non-EU place up.

• 4 months later...
ah sweet memories....

Roy Greenwood - AKA Roy Deadwood - totally insipid, ineffective and inept.

Mick Coop - AKA Mick Co-Op - should face a war crimes trial for masquerading as a footballer, absolutely shocking.

Mick Brolly - AKA Mick Brolly - short, bald and devoid of any skill.

Bjørn Otto Bragstad - like a rabbit in the headlights, Riggot the teenager was telling him what to do....and so were we!

Mikkel Beck - A pig with lipstick is still a pig.....a fop with an eye for the stand...

Jonathan Clark - who..? The 'Doc' called him a genius, we called him crap.

Vic Moreland - The man with the perm, looked like an IRA fugative, and played like one.

Billy Caskey - Less mobile than a grounded supertanker.

Good call, Roy Greenwood defo also Barry Powell, Claud Davis, John Middleton, Laurent Robert, Bobby Campbell, Warren Barton.

Archived