play offs or automatic?

Leeds Ram

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the romance of going through via the play-offs. The praying, hoping, wishing, nail biting, 'cup final atmosphere' and WEMBLEY!!!

Also, does it work out that you get more money via the play-off route?? Something crazy like £60m..........

The only extra money is the gate receipts of the semis and whatever chunk you get for the final I reckon.

Auto for me every time (now we've had the wembley win, the next one I want is when we win the FA Cup).

perhaps a quirk of the fixtures, clinching automatic promotion away at leeds, leicester or forest......

The only extra money is the gate receipts of the semis and whatever chunk you get for the final I reckon.

Auto for me every time (now we've had the wembley win, the next one I want is when we win the FA Cup).

perhaps a quirk of the fixtures, clinching automatic promotion away at leeds, leicester or forest......

Ah rite, was a bit wrong there then me thinks, If the money isn't much better. And I think I was 'falling in love' with the idea of WEMBLEY again lol. Not for the first time on here, I'm changing my mind!!! :rolleyes: hahaha

Automatic promotion!! and a league title for the first time since AC won us the 'Championship' in 1987.........

I feel silly for suggesting the play-offs now :(. Think I may have to open a beer to console myself........

The adrenalin rush of the playoffs is ok,but for me winning the league is much more satisfying.Watching the championship trophy lifted aloft,no matter which division, is better than a playoff final anyday.I'm not too sure about the runners up place though..........would I swap places with the Canaries? Oh yes!!:p

The more time you get to prepare for the next year the better so automatic for me. As the wee dwarf said we were at a disadvantage being weeks behind the other promoted sides after Wembley (before pi55ing off on a 2 week holiday).

Archived