Potential Scottish Signings

Bingy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes but you will agree he is rubbish now but still playing a this level, other examples can include stephen pearson, edgar davids who was awful with palace when they came here.

Yes he is rubbish now, but there is a reason they are experienced Championship players. That's why teams still take a punt on them, just to see if they can return to a level they have had before.

Yes he is rubbish now, but there is a reason they are experienced Championship players. That's why teams still take a punt on them, just to see if they can return to a level they have had before.

yes but tyson has always been rubbish at this level honestly, he is a good league 1 player but no more than that.

I will not judge the squad like daveo said until 15-20 games in, my big concern is that we do need for me experienced championship players that we were promised to back these big gambles up.

You've already said Maguire's stats aren't great, and said you think Waghorn is poor?

Young Ram - You will moan from the first whistle if a new striker hasn't scored 10 goals per game with every game in his career played in the Championship.

I'd quite like Derby to sign Rooney, Wayne Rooney that is. But then again, he isn't a 'experienced Championship' player is he?

Look at Jason Scotland, at Swansea every club he played against feared him. Yet at Ipswich the fear is gone, but he's a 'experienced Championship' player....

You've already said Maguire's stats aren't great, and said you think Waghorn is poor?

yes i have, however that is a value judgment of their stats and tbh the stats aren't great for either of these players however i will not make a full judgment until 15-20 games in, lincoln i won't moan like that at all and i am not saying that these won't be good signings at all, i am saying that it would be better if we backed them up with a few established successful championship players rather than take a massive risk on just these players.

yes i have, however that is a value judgment of their stats and tbh the stats aren't great for either of these players however i will not make a full judgment until 15-20 games in, lincoln i won't moan like that at all and i am not saying that these won't be good signings at all, i am saying that it would be better if we backed them up with a few established successful championship players rather than take a massive risk on just these players.

Don't let Daveo sway your thinking will you.....

Well these players can always come to my house for a cup on coffee on the way down.

Coffee's a bit good for them aint it? Serve them p!ss and then tell them to fook off where they came from, at least give's them a taste of what there in for!!!

I'm I missing something? but we aint actually signed anyone form Scotland yet?

Just to echo a sentinment by someone on here earlier, I couldn't care less if our new signings came from Ripley Allstars. I've got total confidence in the management team at the moment to put together a squad that will challenge for the top 6.

Overall (not totally), I'm impressed with the signings we've made, and it's certainly not our incoming transfer activity that led to us finishing 19th this season. The close season business has impressed me with Ward and Fielding. The jury's out on Robinson but I do think there was some improvement towards the end of the season. I was his biggest slater but there is something. It's very raw, and the edges will be smoothed probably 3/4 years ahead of most pro's, but he might be ok.

I'm just thinking back to when I heard we'd spent the money on Brayford and Bailey - I was very sceptical, and started to question Clough. I refer back to that feeling whenever I see players mentioned in the papers.

The problem we have is the mindset of supporters. If most other clubs heard promises of investment they'd be excited, but alot of Derby supporters have taken the stance of 'he has to succeed or he has to go'. I think in promising investment, that is sort of indicated - why not just get a bit carried away and back the club to the absolute hilt?

It could be a really exciting season.

I would have though that "established succesful championship" players would be either playing in the premier league or wanting too. Oh yes Ive just won promotion but Im going to leave to join a team who will be mid table. Darren Pratley going to Bolton as an example.

Also players like Tyson who are fast and can take on a man, maybe he cant finish or produce anything 9 times out of 10, but where would he be playing if he could, not for Derby, not for Forest. If he could finish or produce assists or shots on target every time he would be replacing Nani in United team.

Just to echo a sentinment by someone on here earlier, I couldn't care less if our new signings came from Ripley Allstars. I've got total confidence in the management team at the moment to put together a squad that will challenge for the top 6.

Overall (not totally), I'm impressed with the signings we've made, and it's certainly not our incoming transfer activity that led to us finishing 19th this season. The close season business has impressed me with Ward and Fielding. The jury's out on Robinson but I do think there was some improvement towards the end of the season. I was his biggest slater but there is something. It's very raw, and the edges will be smoothed probably 3/4 years ahead of most pro's, but he might be ok.

I'm just thinking back to when I heard we'd spent the money on Brayford and Bailey - I was very sceptical, and started to question Clough. I refer back to that feeling whenever I see players mentioned in the papers.

The problem we have is the mindset of supporters. If most other clubs heard promises of investment they'd be excited, but alot of Derby supporters have taken the stance of 'he has to succeed or he has to go'. I think in promising investment, that is sort of indicated - why not just get a bit carried away and back the club to the absolute hilt?

It could be a really exciting season.

We won 2 out of the last 13 and 1 out of the last 6. Why have you total confidence in a managment team that has yet to get us a top half finish for 2 and a half seasons. While you may think they may get it right total confidence is surely a but strong. They have made some good signings but some bad, our style of play if you can call it that and tactics need a lot to be desired

I don't want to sound harsh but getting capped for scotland doesn't mean your good, e.g. pearson, teale etc, rooney i haven't commented upon and hooper has been injured for a good part of this season, bryson again is a risk and they have to be represented like that because they are a gamble.

Charlie Adams, Darren Fletcher, Kris Commons, The winger who went to Russia, Boyd...........................

I am slightly confused in what the issue is here. Both Clough and Glick have said that they will be signing established players BUT there will also be players that we have not heard of and players who they think are capable of stepping up. Lets see.

So far we have signed

Fielding - U21 keeper who is their established No 1 who will be our Number 1 next season also prooved can cut it at our level.

Ward - Is anyone upset that we signed him?? he has proven in the last 13 games he played he is a good buy, was not given a chance at Utd after he got sent off in the playoff final against Burnley I think.

Robinson - Was signed as backup and one to develop we don't have a lot of strikers and we need players to step in if there are injuries and at present we do not have a lot of choice

Apparently these three are not out of the budgets for the players as they have said 6-8 players not counting these three. So to start we have got 2 players we all wanted and one player who has shown glimpses but needs to step up and improve but is young enough to do so.

Lets move onto the players linked with

Eustace - People need to forget the time he was here and judge on two season not been here. He came when he was not being played by Watford come back of injury could not break into the team. Finished of with us nothing special but did a job in middle of park. Since returning to Watford became their captain, first choice automatic and a player the fans like and appreciate, 2 yrs playing, leading and being influential. A type of player we are after apparently £400k-£500k not to shabby

Shackell - Again proven player cracking centre half within our budger and one that will form a cracking partnership.

So that is two proven championship players

Bryson - Killie captain, plays for Scotland a leader and respected, he has been here before on trial under Billy Davies who said at the time needs a bit more time playing for Scotland but one for the future, so would he have been here if 1) we did not get promoted 2) billy davies had not left.

Maguire - Been a constant player, top goal scorer player U21 for Scotland regulary has an eye for a goal, young and quick. Now Scotland U21 and England U21 players are the future and both teams are good are we saying that Fielding is naff because he is only an U21 player not really played at this level.

Rooney - Inverness has scored 44 goals in 103 games goal per game ration 1 every 2.34 games. further to this all I will add on him is this but of information. Rooney signed for Stoke City in the summer of 2005.[1] In his first season at Stoke, Rooney made his debut at academy and reserves levels, before making his first team debut as a second-half substitute against Tamworth in the FA Cup.[1][2] Rooney scored his first goal for Stoke against Reading on 17 April 2006.[3] In only his second full start for Stoke City, he scored a hat-trick against already relegated Brighton in the final fixture of the 2005–06 season to become Stoke's youngest ever hat-trick scorer (Stanley Matthews was the previous holder).

Now looking at this rationally we have signed 2 players we wanted, 1 we not sure of so this meets what they said would happen in the transfer window.

The two PROVEN players are both captains are leaders and WILL improve the side

The three players from Scotland appear not to be really unknown but prospects a d the two strikers Rooney and Maguire automatically improve us as we don't have a real striker at the club and are established first team players. The way to look at with them is these players if were with a prem team would be on loan last season to these types of club to gain first team experience and to prove themselves. Bryson is another estbalished player who is a captain and a leader on the pitch.

THEREFORE I say Clough and Glick have met the criteria they set themselves at the beginning of the transfer window. Lets not forget these players are not the established striker they are looking for. Danny Graham and Billy Sharp have been outpriced by any club in this league. There are strikers at PNE, Sheff Utd which will become available and also players within Blackpool (Harewood) West Ham and Brum who may become available. Also on top of that QPR will look at strengthening along with either Swansea or Reading if either go up.

If I am honest I would like to see both Iain Hume played 17 games last scored 8 andd Paul Hayes both from PNE. Both not really given a run out by the club until Brown came, PNE are stoney broke and combined bids of 1-1.5million should be enough. PNE are desperate for momey need to get back up straight away and that money will set them up.

These signings if we get them will then give us a squad of

Fielding/Aitkens

Brayford/Obrian/Barker/Buxton/Anderson/Shackell/Roberts

Bailey/Bryson/Eustace/B.Davies/Ward*/S.Davies*/Pearson/Addison/Green/Hendricks

(Hume/Hayes if these were the strikers who came)/Rooney/Maguire/Ward*/S.Davies*/Robinson/Ball

Already this gives us a squd of 24 (Ward and Davies can play both midfield and up front)

This squad is an improvement on last season and therefore meets what they have stipulated. Within this squad the experience players and leaders are Barker/Shackell/Eustace/Green/Hume/Hayes/Bryson/Ward/Roberts and then ones who have gained experience of this season and will improve from this are Brayford/Bailey/Fielding/Hendricks/Ball/B.Davie just to start.

This squad should at least get a top 10. Although we have a budget apparently of £3million this could be increased by at least a million if we sell Bywater/Leacock/Pringle (we now know why we extended his contract because we now get a fee for him gd business) get rid of Croft let him go on a free if needs be as he will not get back into the squad now which means money will be free for Jan window if we are pushing top 6

Archived