FIFA Presedential Election

G STAR RAM

just reading about jack warner he made a million from the world cup was fined that amount by fifa but has to date only paid £250k, also on his wiki its abit odd how he seems to be a multi millionaire??? fifa must pay well...............

I wonder how much of hid fortune has come out of the pockets of our own FA?!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing confusing about it! We have all known for a long time that the game is being run by a corrupt bunch of *******. Now it has finally been made public by a respected nation a whole new can of worms has been opened up.

Every single one of the thieving ******** will be looking to take someone else down with him and trying to deflect attention away from any allegation levelled against him.

The funny thing is the man who presided over all of this will probably be voted back in to power next week!

Its time for The FA to turn up the pressure on FIFA.

Since when did I say I was confused? :p I just said complicated :p We all know they are all corupt idiots, it just this is another twist in the tale.

Since when did I say I was confused? :p I just said complicated :p We all know they are all corupt idiots, it just this is another twist in the tale.

Oh yeah me that cant read...sorry!

Anyone who votes for Blatter should be named and shamed. If he had a modicum of slef respect and integrity he would do the honourable thing and resign immediately.

wasnt there an article in the week by the IOC guy saying he thinks we should set up a new organisation, I am sure there was quite a few other countries that had officially stated they were looking at this as an option Spain and Holland comes to mind but I might be wrong,

I'd like to see a system where the Chairman is only allowed to stand for say 4 years [the same could apply to the olympic committee] and then has to stand down.This would stop anyone from getting too entrenched and liable to be in a position to operate a corrupt system.Although imao it's incompetent too.

What amazes me is that it's taken so many years for people to latch on to the fact that there might be some dodgy dealings.Many grass roots football fans have suspected it for years.

everybody has known it for years, however this is the year that we have bid for the world cup and did dismal, these two are linked.

I remember one bloke on sky news a few days after the failed bid he said something along the lines of ' well if they think the british press were bad, we will encourage them to FULLY to bring out stories like this'

wasnt there an article in the week by the IOC guy saying he thinks we should set up a new organisation, I am sure there was quite a few other countries that had officially stated they were looking at this as an option Spain and Holland comes to mind but I might be wrong,

I read the Dutch FA were considering withdrawing from FIFA and I think we should do the same.

I read the Dutch FA were considering withdrawing from FIFA and I think we should do the same.

Wouldn't take many associations to get the ball rolling, and then let momentum do the work. English, Spanish, Italian and German FAs would be enough IMO. They withdraw from FIFA and it's game over for them.

indeed, i think English, french, Spanish, dutch, German and Italian would be enough to destroy them. Frankly fifa is a joke and it needs to be either completely revamped (which will never happen while the moron blatter is in charge) or it needs to be frankly destroyed. We need a new organisation with complete transparency and with a leader who loves the game and is renowned in the game, the organisation should comprise of the best ex footballers and ex football managers not politicians.

i don't think so necessarily, we aren't over the edge yet, football needs to rediscover it's roots tbh, that lies in affordable tickets, (ticket pricing for champs league final caught the wrath of everyone) honesty and competition. All of these things can entwine the new governing body that is needed and make us proud to be associated with world football again.

Can you imagine the Italians removing themselves from FIFA due to corruption. :D

But i agree. The whole organisation needs a complete turnover.

How Blatter is still the head i have no idea. Like some sort of King of football. A King who seems to have no opposition.

He should be removed on the basis that he once said that draws should be settled by penalties in League games never mind corruption!!! Said something about it would make both team try to win and make matches more exciting. Riiiight.

How can a bloke like that be in charge of anything?? Nevermind his suspiciously retained crown. What about the fact he's a thick cnut?

FIFA should be ran like Republican Rome. A committee/senate giving a role of president/Dictator from among themselves every 4 years. The same person can't stand more than twice or whatever. Each member must not vote for a person from the same country...... something along those lines. Rather than this corrupt way of standing against Blatter. Who never seems to have that smile taken off his smug face.

Blatter is an enemy of football. A game he doesn't understand at all levels.

indeed, i think English, french, Spanish, dutch, German and Italian would be enough to destroy them. Frankly fifa is a joke and it needs to be either completely revamped (which will never happen while the moron blatter is in charge) or it needs to be frankly destroyed. We need a new organisation with complete transparency and with a leader who loves the game and is renowned in the game, the organisation should comprise of the best ex footballers and ex football managers not politicians.

frankly fielding. Football is a very corrupt game, and that's not going to change as long as there is so much money involved. The FA also have a right cheek complaining as they are just as corrupt.

frankly fielding. Football is a very corrupt game, and that's not going to change as long as there is so much money involved. The FA also have a right cheek complaining as they are just as corrupt.

Its not the FA complaining, its Lord Triesman (ex member of FA, who quit after saying that the World Cup process was corrupt) that has brought these allegations to light. Unsurprisingly the FA have not backed his claims and say that FIFA is innocent of the charges made against them. The FA is completely out of touch with the people it is supposed to represent in my opinion.

Mr Blatter's, sorry FIFA's, press conference was incredible. Lot's of theatre, the bit when they asked him about corruption under his watch and he just looked at his wrist watch as his answer was classic.

Without knowing all the full ins and outs of the allegations and counter allegations, the only opinion an onlooker can form is one of mistrust in a committee empowered with deciding the future of the beautiful game and where it's show piece event will be hosted.

Its not the FA complaining, its Lord Triesman (ex member of FA, who quit after saying that the World Cup process was corrupt) that has brought these allegations to light. Unsurprisingly the FA have not backed his claims and say that FIFA is innocent of the charges made against them. The FA is completely out of touch with the people it is supposed to represent in my opinion.

So why did they decide to abstain from the FIFA's presidency vote. This is their way of backing Lord Triesman

So why did they decide to abstain from the FIFA's presidency vote. This is their way of backing Lord Triesman

A very spinless way of backing him if that is true. The way of truly backing him would have been to say, despite there being no formal evidence, a highly repsected member of our committee has levelled serious allegations against FIFA and they have no reason not believe him. Instead they took the easy route and said all 4 members were in the clear as there was no evidence to back the claims up.

So now the FA and SFA call for the elections at FIFA to be deferred, Australia demands the money back that it spent on it's 2022 bid and some CONCAF members can afford to get a round in at the bar it would appear, but does this change anything?

I'm not sure that Blatter looks worried at the revelations that Jack Warner says he is going to reveal, certainly his rather strange press conference was either the act of a desperate man, or the actions of a man not worried at all, I can't decide which!

Archived