Jason Shackell

ShermanCardenas

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barker seems to do a good enough job with the ball for me at the minute.

Agreed. He looks competent enough on the ball to me, bringing out of defence etc and thats with one knee! Lets face it, the "out ball" is normally a simple pass down the line or a hoof up field. I am pretty sure most professional footballers can manage at least one of those- apart from Claude Davies who was a head it (anywhere) kinda guy

Hull are not a 'proper' football club, regardless of their current status. Neither are Cardiff, Swansea or Reading for that matter, not to mention Wigan

We should punch our weight and blow these puffed up third division clubs out of the water

Hull are not a 'proper' football club, regardless of their current status. Neither are Cardiff, Swansea or Reading for that matter, not to mention Wigan

We should punch our weight and blow these puffed up third division clubs out of the water

It's been a long long time since Derby punched their weight I'm afraid- and I don't think the good days will be returning any time soon unfortunately.. :(

I disagree, whilst I believe we should be beating Hull to players I would very much not start offering more wages around at the fear of them getting our players, offer the player the deal that suits us and if they don't want it.. move on.

Well we managed to fend off Hull when they came sniffing round Jamie Ward.

Well we managed to fend off Hull when they came sniffing round Jamie Ward.

And, lets not forget, their fans were very confident that Ayala would be returning to Hull on loan rather than come here. But he came here. I know that may be more to do with Nigel's supposed relationship with Dalglish, but it it may not be due to that, and either way its another example. They also didn't want to sell Craig Fagan to us but they were forced to. If our American owners really mean business there will be no contest believe me

Certainly like the sound of Shackell, Barker and Ayala as centre halves to choose from next season.

He played really well at Pride Park this season (although he was only marking Theo Robinson), and looked solid in the air. Only slight concern would be not having a mix of brute defender and ball player, but at this level I'm not sure if that matters.

If we sign Shackell I don't see the need for Ayala, I'd rather Shackell and Barker got their partnership going. Anderson is perfectly fine as cover, and we'll have Buxton, O'Brien and Addison available too.

I'd rather we got one of Liverpool's left-backs on loan instead, that's a more crucial position for us and we need to spend time getting that right. If we could get Jack Robinson on loan while we continue our search for the perfect left-back I'd be happy.

Shackell's a great centre-half at this level!
How do yo make that out ?, only ever been a regular at Barnsley, been a bit player and loanee everywhere else .

See Ian Evatt is about out of contract at Blackpool.

They must have saw something in him! to be totally honest, i think Ayala is very overrated, everyone raves about him but he cannot head the ball clear to save his life.
I remember listening to a game this season on RD, and Roger Davies was raving about some center back for the team we where playing, was not a team in the top half, but I can not for the life of me remember who it was, could have been Shackell, but don't think so, maybe someone else remembers.

I remember listening to a game this season on RD, and Roger Davies was raving about some center back for the team we where playing, was not a team in the top half, but I can not for the life of me remember who it was, could have been Shackell, but don't think so, maybe someone else remembers.

It wouldn't surprise me, he looked pretty good.

A bank of Ayala, Shackell, Barker and Addison (who may play in midfield a fair bit next season) would be pretty solid in my opinion.

Not sure Liverpool would want Ayala to come back to be on the bench which is where I guess he would be, to support two permanent centre halves.

Archived