Jason Shackell

ShermanCardenas

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they are not that confident on Barker being ready for the first half of the season, Shackell would be the ideal replacement. Remember it's not all about the 11 on the pitch, football is a squad game. What about Addison I hear you say, well I have a feeling that he may not be in Nigel's plans and I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him leave in the summer. Isn't his contract up at the end of next season?

Maybe they are not that confident on Barker being ready for the first half of the season, Shackell would be the ideal replacement. Remember it's not all about the 11 on the pitch, football is a squad game. What about Addison I hear you say, well I have a feeling that he may not be in Nigel's plans and I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him leave in the summer. Isn't his contract up at the end of next season?

Who's that in your picture?

Please don't say your missus..

He was rated at Norwich, but the move to Wolves seemed to send his career into a nose dive.

Not seem him for ages so ????

not for me, but hey that is just my opinion, how many fast defensive are there and even then they wouldn't really cover the cb's too much and the full backs would still tuck in.

I'll second your opinion there YR.

I'm no expert on Football, But a 4-4-2 with fast wingers and strikers would disrupt our formation. If the FB's had to close the wingers down to stop any crosses or force them out wide, Then any ball into the front 2 could damage us greatly no?.

No matter how good Barker and A.N.Other is at heading the ball, They wont win EVERYTHING, Therefore the threat of crosses still needs to be eliminated. Let alone any low cross looking for a toe poke. This would force the FB's wider.

Even if the wingers played narrower, Then we would invite their FB's forward in the void left by ours. Also, it would essentially be 4 fast players vs 2.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, But I've always fancied having one Rock and one Mobile Ball-Player as a defensive pairing. Compliments each other well. Plus, I've heard suggestions we could play a higher defensive line (Thanks to 'grafters' out wide etc..). This would be crazy if we had 2 slow CB's.

Just my opinion tho and certainly not an expert analysis :)

I am sorry where in the job description does it say centre halves have to be brilliant football players with the ball, can spot a 40 hrd pass and ping it to the corners for the right and left wing to bomb onto the through ball. The comments on here seems to me that we want someone who is 6'4", can run as fast as the wind, do Ronaldo step overs, dribble like Messi and float like Michael Jordan in the air to head the ball away. When you find one like that make sure you get a contract with at least 15% cut as you will be a millionnaire as I would then start an Auction with Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelon as I am sure they would want him.

Now this season we have come across teams like Barnsley, Ssausagehorpe, Norwich etc with two big centre halves who can head a ball hold the defensive line, put a tackle in, will not be out muscled, who become a wall. Now QPR Cb are not exactly mobile. All I will say is the two best CB in Prem league for me are Vidic and Terry there are many quicker cb in the league who can play football Ferdinand for one but is always liable to give the ball away, give me two no nonsense CB any time who will not be intimidated by the likes of Billy Sharp, who will win their headers, who will put their bodies on the line who play it simple and just will give 100% or not. No matter how much you dislike Barker BV although do not know how you can judge him on your dads say so when the majority are saying your old man is wrong and that they wish you could actually come and watch him but Barker is one such defender. The lad from Ssausagehorpe, Barnsley are bug strong lads who will be able to clear corners, be able to stop the through balls and speed is not the main thing reading the game and these two players can read the game well

But withe the 4-2-3-1 formation, Could we lack width?? and therefore require some attacking intent from our FB's (for crosses).

This sounds like it would leave 2 slow CB's very exposed.....Maybe not. I don't expect them to be Messi on the ball either as the will surely be playing it to Bailey and A.N.Other (Eustace?).

I perhaps worry too much, But it seems like I can see flaws with that. Although, I'm probably be much worse at management than John Barnes!! haha.

Too much emphasis on what a formation is really, Jamie Ward will track back so too players we have been linked with (Waghorn?). And we are looking for a partner to Bailey no?. All speculation....I'll give you that.

Either way, A 4-3-3 formation lacks width :p:D

Too much emphasis on what a formation is really, Jamie Ward will track back so too players we have been linked with (Waghorn?). And we are looking for a partner to Bailey no?. All speculation....I'll give you that.

Either way, A 4-3-3 formation lacks width :p:D

But causes other teams massive problems down the centre. QPR certainly didn't like it.

Archived