Just a thought

smiffy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they said we've bid for experienced Championship players or young Premier League ones.

He said that one player was exempt from that comment, so presumably the one player is one of those from Scotland (or one from Germany as has been mentioned by someone else, or perhaps Bujis)

So, they have lied to us by not just focusing on the champ and prem? I for one and glad that they have broadened thee search, rather that than miss out on players! I do agree that they better not be the only ones we are looking at though!

Scotland is obviously hit and miss, it's a different type of league.

Joe Ledley was always one of the most thought of midfielders down here, he hasn't really done much when you look to what Commons has achieved. There is a few players that have come from Scotland and done the business at this level and higher, look at Berra and Dorrans, as aposed to Robson and Boyd.

I feel scouting scotland is a good idea, you have good players in poor teams, whereas limiting their effect and ability. We could find 1-2 and break the mould.

This summer will be one of the most crucial summers the club has had in a long time. I'm sure that Tom Glick and Nigel Clough will understand that, as has been said before on here and by them, investment is desperately needed to take us onto that next level. If we do sign players that have been touted around then we will do very well next year, if we don't...well. We might just drop into League One when you look at the quality of teams that will be in the Championship next year.

Alex W, you mention a player from Germany, is that Danny Buijs as I thought he played in Holland? Or am I misreading your post?

Apologies if I am.

If we are scouring the Scottish leagues for players, what has become of the "Only experience Championship players" bit. ?

The noises coming from the club have never suggested that all players coming through will be experienced championship players, so don't know who or what you are quoting there.

I hope they're not all experienced NPC players.. As the players we're linked with aren't the sort of players that will take us to the next step, merely cement our place as a lowermidtable NPC side.

Every team that's been promoted through they years have either PL cast offs that are young, hungry players or players from the lower leagues whose made the step up.

If we focus solely on the NPC and sign for example Waghorn, Tyson, Eustace, Graham, Mirfin, Ward, Fielding, Robinson and perhaps one or two more then I'd seriously expect another relegation battle.

We could do with just one or two from the NPC, perhaps another signing like Bailey/Brayford from the lower leagues, plus a couple of signings from The PL from the big teams (like Taraabt, Sinclair, Lansbury).. Hull have just bought in another 2 players from Man Utd, plus they had Jack Chester whose a top quality CB.

We need signings like we had under BD.. (Obviously not all) but the likes of David Jones, Matt Oakley, Steve Howard, Lupoli offered a mix of a solid NPC striker, with an experienced CM plus a decent youth player from Arsenal plus a top player from Man Utds ressies.

Alex W, you mention a player from Germany, is that Danny Buijs as I thought he played in Holland? Or am I misreading your post?

Apologies if I am.

It's actually another player who has been mentioned who i'm not sure if i'm allowed to mention or not, one of our fellow posters mentioned him a while ago to me, i'll let him reveal the name if he wants to or not. (Not sure how much trouble i'd be getting him in)

I probably didn't write it clearly, what I mean was that the one player outside our main criteria could be either a player from Scotland, Bujis or a German player of whom i've heard mentioned.

The noises coming from the club have never suggested that all players coming through will be experienced championship players, so don't know who or what you are quoting there.

NC - "Every player we are bidding for or chasing on a free transfer, bar one, are established Championship players or younger players from the Premier League, which are likely to be loans."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/bids-Rams-pipeline/article-3542243-detail/article.html

Archived