John Eustace

VulcanRam

Agreed with you, I loved Ian Taylor, his 1st season he was outstanding but at the start of the second you could see signs that his legs had gone, by mid- season they had, Oakley is a better player than Eustace but I feel we would have to replace Oakley next season

ian taylor was our top scorer was he? Loved him too really honest player and a good hard worker, but agree with you about the legs going.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ian taylor was our top scorer was he? Loved him too really honest player and a good hard worker, but agree with you about the legs going.

Ian taylor was great remember him very important in the coffe cup win over forest at home where we essentially took the piss out of them all game, the 2 part of their score flattered them we were miles to good. Forest have taken a gamble with boateng but goes to show he is a similar player to eustace/taylor etc and he is 35 so they still feel he can do a job, the age thing doesnt seem as much of an issue anymore. Remember peschisolido, I dont think we signed him until 36 and he was superb

I presume boateng plays center back and he won't be at forest for 3 years or more will he, you can get away playing there a little longer than most other positions, and there will always be exceptions to the rule, i would rather have a settled spine which if we buy oakley in my opinion we won't have.

I presume boateng plays center back and he won't be at forest for 3 years or more will he, you can get away playing there a little longer than most other positions, and there will always be exceptions to the rule, i would rather have a settled spine which if we buy oakley in my opinion we won't have.

No he is midfield

fair enough my mistake, but his contract is only for a year, and my point is that we need a settled spine for a few years i think, not chopping and changing constantly.

Like our use of the loan market :)

Brian clough used to do it, get the spine of the team sorted first, GK, centre half, centre mid and striker.

You'll note Billy Davies did similar, two of the most influential signings being matt oakley and steve howard.

indeed we have to do that, and because our spine hasn't been settled for a couple of years it doesn't help, those players need to know what each other are thinking and have a bit of ability. We need a settled spine for a couple of years in all honesty.

I think he is trying to be honest. When you look at the signing of two young keepers, Shackell alongside Barker and then the likes of Bryson and Bailey, he is definitely trying to secure the future. But as we all know, we need some experience and bite now.

I think he is trying to be honest. When you look at the signing of two young keepers, Shackell alongside Barker and then the likes of Bryson and Bailey, he is definitely trying to secure the future. But as we all know, we need some experience and bite now.

Id honesly try and get rob hulse back I bet we could

Archived