comedy of errors...aka Florist play offs thread

froggg

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has rated Kris Commons the buy of the season in Scotland.

The 27-year old former Stoke City, Nottingham Forest and Derby County forward produced another stunning goal in yesterday’s victory over Kilmarnock at Rugby Park to take his Hoops tally to 13 from 18 appearances in all competitions.

Lennon feels that Commons, who was purchased from the Rams in January after scoring 13 in 26 for the Pride Park club in the first half of the season.

"I wouldn't have thought (there has been a better buy), not for £300,000,†Lennon said.

26 goals from midfield !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He's at it again.....!

Billy Davies insists he is focused on Nottingham Forest’s play-off bid despite a bizarre twist in his brinkmanship with the club’s board.

Forest host Swansea in Thursday night’s first leg, but owner Nigel Doughty is unhappy with Davies’ public moaning about a lack of investment in players and gave the manager a dressing down after the 2-1 defeat at Norwich last month.

Davies responded at a press conference yesterday by getting his lawyer to tell reporters which topics were off limits and issuing a statement saying he would not “talk about transfer windows and money spent at the club this seasonâ€.

But Davies' tactic merely succeeded in putting the thorny subjects back on the agenda which will infuriate club officials.

He has one-year left on his contract at Forest after joining in January 2009 and saving the club from relegation. Doughty is poised to fire Davies should Forest fail to go up and intends to use some of the Scot's public criticism to try to avoid a pay-off.

"I have got one year left on my contract at Nottingham Forest and I will continue with the progression of this club through the summer and right to the very last day of my contract," said Davies.

"It's pure and simple. I want to continue with the progression of this club. I've got one year left and I want to continue with the progression.

"I think the information given to me was get us out of this division.

"That was the three-and-a-half-year plan with the chairman and the board and over the three-and-a-half years that will continue to be the plan."

Davies was then asked about the questions his lawyer insisted were off limits. He repeatedly responded: "I'm not prepared to talk about it, I'm here to talk about the play-offs.

"It's all about the play-offs, it's all about two games of football.

"We're here to talk about the four great teams that are in there, the excitement of those events and that's it."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nottingham-Forest-boss-Billy-Davies-insists-he-is-focused-on-play-off-clash-with-Swansea-despite-a-bizarre-twist-in-his-spat-with-club-board-that-saw-his-lawyer-brief-reporters-before-his-press-conference-article734265.html#ixzz1M1dK6OFu

He's at it again.....!

Billy Davies insists he is focused on Nottingham Forest’s play-off bid despite a bizarre twist in his brinkmanship with the club’s board.

Forest host Swansea in Thursday night’s first leg, but owner Nigel Doughty is unhappy with Davies’ public moaning about a lack of investment in players and gave the manager a dressing down after the 2-1 defeat at Norwich last month.

Davies responded at a press conference yesterday by getting his lawyer to tell reporters which topics were off limits and issuing a statement saying he would not “talk about transfer windows and money spent at the club this seasonâ€.

But Davies' tactic merely succeeded in putting the thorny subjects back on the agenda which will infuriate club officials.

He has one-year left on his contract at Forest after joining in January 2009 and saving the club from relegation. Doughty is poised to fire Davies should Forest fail to go up and intends to use some of the Scot's public criticism to try to avoid a pay-off.

"I have got one year left on my contract at Nottingham Forest and I will continue with the progression of this club through the summer and right to the very last day of my contract," said Davies.

"It's pure and simple. I want to continue with the progression of this club. I've got one year left and I want to continue with the progression.

"I think the information given to me was get us out of this division.

"That was the three-and-a-half-year plan with the chairman and the board and over the three-and-a-half years that will continue to be the plan."

Davies was then asked about the questions his lawyer insisted were off limits. He repeatedly responded: "I'm not prepared to talk about it, I'm here to talk about the play-offs.

"It's all about the play-offs, it's all about two games of football."We're here to talk about the four great teams that are in there, the excitement of those events and that's it."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nottingham-Forest-boss-Billy-Davies-insists-he-is-focused-on-play-off-clash-with-Swansea-despite-a-bizarre-twist-in-his-spat-with-club-board-that-saw-his-lawyer-brief-reporters-before-his-press-conference-article734265.html#ixzz1M1dK6OFu

Looks like he's not planning on getting to Wembley then? Shame that...

:D Brilliant!

He'll be gone in the summer.

"I have got one year left on my contract at Nottingham Forest and I will continue with the progression of this club through the summer and right to the very last day of my contract."

Billy Davies

They haven't sold all their tickets yet...playing tommorrow :D:D:D

You do realise that they only went on general sale yesterday, lol. Only 500 left so it will be a sell out. Oh that reminds me whilst we are selling play off tickets, have you guys sold out that monster trucks event at pride park yet ;)

Archived