Danny Graham - Watford

JacobDcfc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know someone in the club and it was no where near 3 mil that they paid for him. Could add up to that but I don't think that is possible now.

Yeah well, my mum's cousin's friend's sister has a mate who is friends with a girl on facebook who is mates with Ched Evans' family so that makes me practically related and the fee was more like £2,999,995.00

So there.

What's the obsession with a 20 goal a season man, if we can find two players that can play upfront together both chipping in and more importantly playing within the side and doing well, then we'll be alright.

It's a team game, it's not about individuals.

but generally you need a striker who will get you a good number of goals, it is ok with everyone chipping in but one player needs to be outstanding at that, e.g. howard and rasiak. For qpr tarrabt, for norwich holt. You do need a prolific striker i believe.

Danny Graham has scored 27 goals this season, and hardly any (that i've seen) have come from outside the box, instead of concentrating on the man on the scoresheet, I think we should be concentrating at the man who creates the chance to get the man on the scoresheet..

Don Cowie and Will Buckley for instance, again we don't need someone to produce magic as long as we have a team unit where everyone does their job. I'd love to have a team where we're all struggling to pick a best player because they've all done their job.

it is called a fox in the box and i believe nigel said we needed one of them. You can still have a team unit and have a prolific striker.

I believe it was £1.5m rising to £3m based on appearances and achievements.

His career has fallen quite flat hasn't it, perhaps he needs a new club to spark some life back into him? Didn't think he was that special when he was appearing for Man City, he has a presence about him, but he just doesn't deliver the goods infront of goal.

They didn't even pay a milion upfront. Was only 400 or 500k but it could of risen to 2 million. Don't believe everything sky sports say. You think he would be good here? Always wanted him here but now I think he would be a waste.

Considering it was officially reported as £1.5m upfront in every media outlet, i'd say they have the right figure, don't you? ;)

Well considering it was Plan B who bought him as a small gift to his mate at Sheff Utd, you thought he would know wouldn't ya?

Well considering it was Paln B who bought him as a small gift to his mate at Sheff Utd, you thought he would know wouldn't ya?

Did he ride in on a gold-plated camel at the time? If not, it can't be him.

Hes got money you know.

They rejected 2.5m from QPR, why did they go in with the same bid :oops:

I think 2.5million+ for Danny Graham will be a big mistake for anyone to make.. I don't think he has the ability to make a massive impact in the premiership, we'll see anyway.

What's the obsession with a 20 goal a season man, if we can find two players that can play upfront together both chipping in and more importantly playing within the side and doing well, then we'll be alright.

It's a team game, it's not about individuals.

I am equally frustrated by this sort of description but I suppose it's just one of those ways to describe a talismanic player such as Bobby Davison or Dean Saunders. Having a player that will regularly get you goals at a rate of one every 2 and a bit games does wonders for the rest of the team and the fans as we are all less likely to be "sat wondering where the next goal will come from".

I am equally frustrated by this sort of description but I suppose it's just one of those ways to describe a talismanic player such as Bobby Davison or Dean Saunders. Having a player that will regularly get you goals at a rate of one every 2 and a bit games does wonders for the rest of the team and the fans as we are all less likely to be "sat wondering where the next goal will come from".

I agree, but in the same sense it doesn't have to be a striker.. I think to be a successful team you need someone who can drag a team from second gear and put them into third because a lot of these games turn out to be scrappy and mistake ridden, you have someone sharp and on the ball winning the scrappy challenges 9/10 you start to win more games than you lose.

but generally you need a striker who will get you a good number of goals, it is ok with everyone chipping in but one player needs to be outstanding at that, e.g. howard and rasiak. For qpr tarrabt, for norwich holt. You do need a prolific striker i believe.

Tarrabt's a midfielder

I agree, but in the same sense it doesn't have to be a striker.. I think to be a successful team you need someone who can drag a team from second gear and put them into third because a lot of these games turn out to be scrappy and mistake ridden, you have someone sharp and on the ball winning the scrappy challenges 9/10 you start to win more games than you lose.

Yeah - Igor, Mark Wright and even Idiakez. None were strikers but they could drag the team back from the brink by stepping up and doing their stuff

On skysports news, Swansea have bid £3 million for Danny Graham

If thats accurate I think they will regret it. Good player but would be surprised if he was their saviour. Don't think he's ready for premiership defences, whole different class to the championship.

Reckon they were confident of getting Borini. He's on his way to Italy.

Not sure how much for but i remember seeing the price and thinking someone has a bargain. British players are way over-valued. That gets said a lot........ but still not enough.

Danny Graham for £3m??!!

I dread to think how much players like Arteta would be if they were British.

Reckon they were confident of getting Borini. He's on his way to Italy.

Not sure how much for but i remember seeing the price and thinking someone has a bargain. British players are way over-valued. That gets said a lot........ but still not enough.

Danny Graham for £3m??!!

I dread to think how much players like Arteta would be if they were British.

The player for me that typifies that recently is Andy Carroll, £35mil? Pfft!!

Think Borini is on a free, well his contract has expired, so probably compensation will be in order.

Archived