Brayford to Stoke City ?

BBG

Anybody heard this rumour, apparently a summer deal looks likely at around £2.5 million, friend of mine claims to have contacts on Stoke youth coaching network ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brayford is a Stoke fan so he would not turn it down if the rumor is true

Yeah Brayford is a Stoke fan, I think he could easily make the step up to the premier league but he is one of those players you want to retire at your team. Great lad and I don't think we could replace him with 2.5 million as he has been the best championship RB I have seen in years. I know there is a few others Kyle Naughton, Clyne etc but defensivley they are not as good as Brayford.

I don't think what Glick or anyone else says or does will matter. If a prem club comes in and offers to treble a lads wages (plus a bit!), then he will be tempted.

The only chance would be his loyalty to Clough.

Hopefully its just rumours.

I don't think what Glick or anyone else says or does will matter. If a prem club comes in and offers to treble a lads wages (plus a bit!), then he will be tempted.

The only chance would be his loyalty to Clough.

Hopefully its just rumours.

The club can stop any bid they want. He us under contract, they have to accept the bid and give permission for the bidding club to talk to him.

Well we don't really need to sell. The debt's down to the mortgage on PP, and is manageable, the wagebill's down to where it should be, the owners are putting money in over the summer to finance Nigel's cull, so why should we sell?

Of course, that being said, we probably will.

And the number 1 reason why you can't develop a young hungry squad to play in the PL?

Because while your "developing" teams with more power will come along and take your best players.

You'll be forever in development.

Stupid plan IMO.

Ask Crewe Alexandra how development works for them.

Development like that pays the bills. You can't develop premiership quality players and then ask them to play in the Championship for a few years while you develop a few more.

If you could Crewe would be winning a few trophies to pay the bills instead of cashing in on players to do it.

It's a flawed idea to build a young hungry squad capable of promotion. How long will Brayford wait (even if this rumour isn't true). How long will he put his own career on hold for Derby County to reach his level.

Crazy plan ain't it?

I really don't think he's worth £2.5m. A top player, yes, but he's not worth that much. If a player like him for that sort of fee, I'd be incredibly dissapointed.

Providing Clough could reinvest that in to the squad, I'd bite Stoke's hand off.

£2.5m could buy you 6 more John Brayfords.

But I'd ONLY sell him if it went straight in to the transfer kitty.

Archived