last game of the season

B4ev6is

well hasn't time fly by well us derby fans have been through a roller coster season early on in the season we were looking dead ceriten for promation back to the big time putting teams to the sword, but after the defeat of Nowich city at pp, thats when hard times set in and not about to buy a win in the month of december and january none of us knew were the next win was coming from or the next goal, and then all of a sudden we got a shock win against swansea city, and slowly but surely the tide started to turn the corner and started play like they did earlyer in the season even through last two games have not gone our way. there is a lot of hope there and maybe if we can get right mix of players bewteen youth and experance maybe we can have a good old go next season.

I think future of derby county is looking a tad brighter than it was, with like of callium ball and jeff hendrick and arrion cole, there also likes of cwka and conner doyle we could all start on saturday but i think one or two will be named as subs. but there also young goal keeper ross akins does nigal job brad jones now derby is safe, and give the young keeper a go and gain some vital first team football, setting him good stead to battle it out with frank fielding.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well hasn't time fly by well us derby fans have been through a roller coster season early on in the season we were looking dead ceriten for promation back to the big time putting teams to the sword, but after the defeat of Nowich city at pp, thats when hard times set in and not about to buy a win in the month of december and january none of us knew were the next win was coming from or the next goal, and then all of a sudden we got a shock win against swansea city, and slowly but surely the tide started to turn the corner and started play like they did earlyer in the season even through last two games have not gone our way. there is a lot of hope there and maybe if we can get right mix of players bewteen youth and experance maybe we can have a good old go next season.

I think future of derby county is looking a tad brighter than it was, with like of callium ball and jeff hendrick and arrion cole, there also likes of cwka and conner doyle we could all start on saturday but i think one or two will be named as subs. but there also young goal keeper ross akins does nigal job brad jones now derby is safe, and give the young keeper a go and gain some vital first team football, setting him good stead to battle it out with frank fielding.

already a thread B4.

Good job none of us panicked when we hit our bad patch eh mate?

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6734

i was just adding my opapion and looking at the bigger picture, but thanks for praise on this thread, but everyone has there opapion but thing is aiming for midtable will be seen as a bad season, and with tom click putting his neck on the line saying, derby will be aiming for play offs if not better so really the yanks now have cough up or lose a lot of money through refunds of season tickets.

i was just adding my opapion and looking at the bigger picture, but thanks for praise on this thread, but everyone has there opapion but thing is aiming for midtable will be seen as a bad season, and with tom click putting his neck on the line saying, derby will be aiming for play offs if not better so really the yanks now have cough up or lose a lot of money through refunds of season tickets.

Mentioned this before. 18 teams will be going for the Playoffs. Only 4 will make it. So that will leave 12 teams who'll miss out, I garauntee of those 12 teams 4 managers will be sacked with another 3 or 4 'on the ropes'.

Theres no point in sacking NC if we finish 7th, 11th or 13th as theres hardly a difference between them and the following summer could change things all again.

I'm looking forward to next season but I'm not expecting much..

Watershed season for us next year - either GSE live up to their promise and we make solid and definite progress on the pitch, or we don't and they can rightly fall on their sword and do one.

Either way, we'll start heading in the right direction next year, at last.

We won't get any major investment unless it makes financial sense. At the minute it doesn't. As far as I can see our club isn't being run for the fans or the success of the team, it's simply a financial tool, allowing GSE and the 'investors' to gain larger loans to input into other money making schemes. The fact that we have a large fanbase only means that our owners can borrow more money. We have become like a restaurant, we'll never succeed financially, but our large source of revenue can be used by our owners, enabling them to gain more money to invest.

What was the discussion?

We seem to be making progressss..........

Stop referring to our owners as "YANKS" in a derogatory way, it is offensive, unneccesary and down right rude.

Stop referring to our owners as "YANKS" in a derogatory way, it is offensive, unneccesary and down right rude.

Give over !

There's nothing wrong in the term YANKS!

I was watching a classic film the other night from 1945 and they were referring to the Americans as Yanks. It is a name and not offensive, get off your high horse!

Give over !

There's nothing wrong in the term YANKS!

I was watching a classic film the other night from 1945 and they were referring to the Americans as Yanks. It is a name and not offensive, get off your high horse!

Firstly...ANY word can be discribed as offensive if used in a derogatory tone....as was stated.. and secondly, I think that in 1945 it was still ok to use quite a few words that wouldn't be acceptable now...so, if it's ok, I will get back on my high horse, thank you.

It is difficult to read someone's tone into written words, hence the difficulties with miscommunication on forums. So guys, please give each other the benefit of the doubt when you read someone's words and think it might be meant in an offensive way. You never know, it might not have been.

Firstly...ANY word can be discribed as offensive if used in a derogatory tone....as was stated.. and secondly, I think that in 1945 it was still ok to use quite a few words that wouldn't be acceptable now...so, if it's ok, I will get back on my high horse, thank you.

Fair enough me duck, you have your opinion and morals. I was brought up with a lot worse. :cool:

Back on subject I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game, and I have now re-newed my season ticket £385 East Stand.

I hope The Yanks deliver on their promise of player investment. :)

We won't get any major investment unless it makes financial sense. At the minute it doesn't. As far as I can see our club isn't being run for the fans or the success of the team, it's simply a financial tool, allowing GSE and the 'investors' to gain larger loans to input into other money making schemes. The fact that we have a large fanbase only means that our owners can borrow more money. We have become like a restaurant, we'll never succeed financially, but our large source of revenue can be used by our owners, enabling them to gain more money to invest.

What was the discussion?

We seem to be making progressss..........

Is there any evidence of derby county being used as a bargaining chip to get loans for other ventures.

They have put money into the club since takeover so it would seem an expensive way of getting loans to me.

Archived