Pre season friendlies

MorecambeRam

Derby County have today revealed details of their pre-season arrangements ahead of the 2011/12 season.

Nigel Clough's men will build up for the new season on English soil and will take in a number of pre-season friendly matches across the country.

The players will report back for training in early July and will undergo an intense training programme before the matches start in the middle of the month.

Derby's first friendly will be away to Clough's former club Burton Albion on Saturday 16th July (3pm).

That game will then be followed by trips to League Two Macclesfield Town on Tuesday 19th July (7:30pm) and Morecambe on Friday 22nd July (7:30pm).

The Rams will be on the road again the following week at League One Exeter City on Saturday 30th July (3pm).

Derby are also awaiting confirmation from two other clubs about matches on Tuesday 26th July and Wednesday 4th August.

The reserves will play friendlies at Eastwood Town (Saturday 23rd July), Matlock Town (Monday 25th July) and Belper Town (Monday 1st August).

Clough commented: "We feel we have a good blend of friendly matches already, and we will have a few more confirmed soon too. Pre-season is an important time and we already have our fitness programmes lined up so everything will be in place going into the summer."

Ticketing details for all the games will be confirmed in due course.

Derby have also entered to take part in the 2011 Bass Charity Vase and once confirmation has been received the Club will announce all the relevant information.

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope 26th July game is against Championship team. Probably same as August 4th.

It seems the 3 early matches against weaker opposition is to help with fitness and to ease any new players in. Play a few different XI's etc.

Would then like some evidence of how we may cope against a reasonable championship team. I know friendlies are taken with a pinch of salt and don't reflect how a team will perform, But would be nice to allow new signings to play together at a presumed higher tempo.

Like to see us play a relegated Championship team August 4th actually, Then do 'em and start the season with an air of confidence.

Don't know if this is ideally how things work (Think we played Brum or Stoke last PS Friendly this season?) but just speculating.

Very unlikely but how about a match up in Scotland, maybe Celtic as part of the Commons deal, here's hoping anyway.

Livingston ;)

Would be quite good to play a Scottish team tho. Maybe Hearts?!?. Not too far for you is it?. Better than just playing League 1/2 teams.

Livingston ;)

Would be quite good to play a Scottish team tho. Maybe Hearts?!?. Not too far for you is it?. Better than just playing League 1/2 teams.

Livingston would be pretty good, as would Hearts. Their ground is about a thirty minute walk from my house so I think I could manage that. If we're going to go with Edinburgh teams think I'd prefer Hibs though, got a lot of Hibee friends who for some reason think there a lot better than us, delusional

i've always wanted the rams to play hibs. i've lived right by easter road for 4 years and have plenty of hibs fans that would love it. it would be a good test i think but i'd be surprised if they have any squad left for friendlies! 13 odd player are out of contract and calderwood is looking to cull.

Gutted we haven't got a European team away.

I wanna pretend we're in the Champions League damnit!

Plus that would complete the set of walking, bussing, carring, training and planing it to a game.

Morcambe on my Birthday mind so that's a definate.

Archived