Savage reconsiders retirement

inglorious01

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m pretty sure he’s joking and was probably realising that it was probably the last “big†match he’ll ever play in/win, and was wondering how he’ll replace that feeling when he’s retired

If he was being at all serious then it’s simple – if you love it so much then do it for £2k a week!

I don't think he would move to another club. Don't know why but he hadn't even mentioned reconsidering retirement if someone else offered him something ( with the exception of Vancouver which would have been stupid money)

Shown no bitterness to the club regarding not being offered a contract. Not put himself up for others to offer him a contract.

I think he has enjoyed his time with us, and he wouldn't be able to replace the feelings he's had here. Had to fight to get fans onside, I would never have believed that he would be getting choruses of "One Robbie Savage"

It would probably be the first time he has left a club without the fans instantly turning on him for leaving, and that must mean a lot to him.

If he dropped his wages to fit in with the rest of the squad then I say take him on for another year.

we were having this conversation last night that he would struggle with retirement when he has experienced games like that so close to the end of the season (his career?). I would take him on much less money and as a bit part player only for another season.

That being said, it would be a shame for him to ruin it now- leave with your head held high and the fans wishing you all the best in your media career. I am sure that he would be harming his media prospects if he stayed on, now's the time.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if he stayed. I'd pay him up to 6k as well but wouldn't have him as such a mainstay in the team. More a back up to Addison and Bailey, especially till green gets back.

As much as many dislike him he has been decent for us through a rough period. He is there when needed and always gives his all. Ok not the most skillful and he has lost sooner energy but he still has his uses.

I always hoped he would stay on in a coaching role myself but obviously not happening.

Green, Addison and Savage have all had enough opportunities in centre mid and they're just not good enough. I'd love it if we could bring in a experienced central midfielder to play alongside Bailey for next season, someone decent on the ball with a bit of skill.

we were having this conversation last night that he would struggle with retirement when he has experienced games like that so close to the end of the season (his career?). I would take him on much less money and as a bit part player only for another season.

That being said, it would be a shame for him to ruin it now- leave with your head held high and the fans wishing you all the best in your media career. I am sure that he would be harming his media prospects if he stayed on, now's the time.

He's 3 years too late for that.

Never faulted his effort, but that is the bare minimum requirement. Not good enough anymore. Time to move on. Wipe the slate clean.

Archived