Year on Year Improvement?

Ramalama

The worrying thing is, even the decent signings are going backwards.

He's trying to knacker Barker, Brayford gets shifted about all over and as soon as he strikes up a partnership the other players get shifted, Cywka's been destroyed in the press, Moxey got shipped out.

There's some very average/not very good signings like Porter and Roberts.

Then there's the one's he won't even play now, Croft, Martin and Davies B. seems to be going down the same route.

He hasn't got the best out of decent players like Bueno and Commons, Green was going backwards before the injury.

He seems to just shun players who aren't involved in the first team, like he's doing now with Leacock, suddenly we need him, but is he going to want to play for Clough after being blamed and then outcast after the Forest game?

Add to that GSE keep bottling it when we do get a decent player in the radar, like they did with Ferrie Bodde and Hooper, they end up going for the cheaper, less established, more injury prone players.

I'm not convinced either of them will pull it off TBH

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying they will be good players, I'm saying wait until August and see who we have brought in then. Passing judgement on next seasons squad based on previous signings is.....stupid.

Ah that old chestnut again, how many transfer windows has that now been said, i suppose that one of these times it will be true :rolleyes:

New season, fresh start, new players. Am I going to sit here and be all doom and gloom and predict more black clouds will be arriving over Pride Park?

No chance, when it comes to August I will say how I feel about the current squad based on the current players, not on past events and ex players. I shall do that with an open mind I could be proved right or wrong.

I hope you are proved right, however I buy my ticket with my eyes open and as last year will not expect too much, but fingers crossed.

I'll not be buying a ST for one reason only.

Its not cos Im anti-clough or anti-board or sick of losing and no improvement etc.

Its purely about money.

Its the fact I've been getting away with the best value ST in the prem or championship since Pride park opened.

I 've been paying less per game, than you would pay to watch alfreton or ilkeston town.

I know im now faced with paying an approximate 43% increase on what I've always payed.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else falls into this boat, having been forced to move from south lower last year to a category B seat, yet being offered it at a category D price (due to the incovenience). Sadly that offer only lasts for one season before your forced to pay full cat B prices.

Its not like you save any money moving to a Cat C seat either, as the Price for an early bird Cat B renewal, is cheaper than moving to a Cat C without the eaerly bird bonus :(

Its not cos Im anti-clough or anti-board or sick of losing and no improvement etc.

Its purely about money.

Its the fact I've been getting away with the best value ST in the prem or championship since Pride park opened.

I 've been paying less per game, than you would pay to watch alfreton or ilkeston town.

I know im now faced with paying an approximate 43% increase on what I've always payed.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else falls into this boat, having been forced to move from south lower last year to a category B seat, yet being offered it at a category D price (due to the incovenience). Sadly that offer only lasts for one season before your forced to pay full cat B prices.

Its not like you save any money moving to a Cat C seat either, as the Price for an early bird Cat B renewal, is cheaper than moving to a Cat C without the eaerly bird bonus :(

I would say Barker, Brayford and Bailey are Better than good players.

Anderson, Green, and Addison are good playersSigning 8 or 9 good players would give us 14 or 15 good or better players, with some decent backups from players already at the club

So 8 or 9 good player could very well in my eyes make us a good squad.

In comparison to who?

If they're better than good players, what does that make Darren Pratley, Andy King, Rangel Angel, Andrey Bikey etc? Brilliant players? Then what does that make someone like Kevin Nolan? World Class?

I think Brayford, Bailey, Cywka etc. are good players for this standard, decent players on their day.. But in comparison to PL players they are average. In comparison to someone like Sergio Ramos, Xavi Alonso and Ronaldo for instance their sh*te and not good enough to tie their boot-laces.

John Brayford, Gareth Roberts, Paul Green, Shaun Barker, Dean Leacock, Steve Davies, Robbie Savage, Theo Robinson, Jamie Ward, Stephen Pearson, Chris Porter, Russell Anderson, James Bailey, Jake Buxton, Ben Pringle, Tomasz Cywka, Miles Addison, Daniel Ayala, Conor Doyle, Callum Ball, Alberto Bueno, Ben Davies, Jeff Hendrick, James Severn, Brad Jones, Michael Boulding

You'd better get your finger out Tom, the 1st team squad for the start of next season's looking a bit, erm, threadbare, to put it politely.

Heard quotes like this a lot.....

But I do generally agree. Although Derby have usually been safer a little earlier. Heres the points we had and 22nd had over the past couple of years;

08-09 Derby 54pts (18th)- 22nd 46pts (Norwich)

09-10 Derby 56pts (14th)- 22nd 47Pts (Sheff. Wed)

10-11 Derby 44pts (19th)- 22nd 35pts (Sheff. Utd)

I think we'll probably get a MAX. of 50pts this season. Clearly has been a bad season.

It's now looking unlikely that we'll improve on last season's 14th place as we're now 10 points and -8 GD behind 13th.

All those who held up our 2 points last season as a shining light of improvement will now have to admit we're going backwards under GSE and Cloughie.

I'm sure the apologists will be out in full force again though, last year it was injuries, this year it's the wage bill, if anyone believes Glick's top 6 promises for next season they must be bonkers, we're probably 8 or 9 decent players away from being an average team.

The worrying thing is, even the decent signings are going backwards.

He's trying to knacker Barker, Brayford gets shifted about all over and as soon as he strikes up a partnership the other players get shifted, Cywka's been destroyed in the press, Moxey got shipped out.

I listened to a Steve Bruce interview just two days ago. I'm sure I heard him call the lad from ghana "not very bright" and "daft as a brush really".

Funnily enough it didn't make it to the PFA or to the national press.

It's not like NC blazed the comments all over the place giving interviews left right and centre... he made a comment to a local radio presenter, I think pretty much everyone agrees that the comment was out of order for sure.

It was radio derby who blew this out of proportion - I'm even pretty sure it did not "destroy" Cywka.

Crocks

It's in the accounts somewhere, keep looking.

Weve improved on the injury front, we are top of the league when it comes to injuries. Instead of forest fans calling us Derby Nil they can call us Derby Crocky, yeah, thats rubbish i know:D

Loans

I don't think Nigel has been a complete disaster in the transfer market as some make out. Fielding, Barker, Brayford, Bailey, Cwyka and Bueno are good players for our level. He has been hit and miss though as theres many others who haven't offered us anything. However it's not just those players and I worry about our scattergun approach to loans. We don't get many season long loans. We have loaned so many players over 2 seasons I bet nobody could list them all without looking it up. That's never going to produce good football. Now the people who doubt Nigel will say it's his choice to take a lot of players on short term loans rather than less on long term loans. Others will say he wasn't allowed due to money. Either way it's not helped. I don't mind loans but the sheer volume of ours it ridiculous.

Thats why one or two are ok, cloughie signs that many hes bound to get a couple of good uns, me and you could do that

Its purely about money.

Forced to move to a Cat B seat? Did you get any choice where you were put?

For example if you had moved to the NE corner which used to be Cat D (now reclassified as Cat C) you would still be paying £270 to renew this season. That's what I did this season- renewed a Cat D ticket for £270, relocated to NE corner for free and am paying £270 to renew this year.

John Brayford, Gareth Roberts, Paul Green, Shaun Barker, Dean Leacock, Steve Davies, Robbie Savage, Theo Robinson, Jamie Ward, Stephen Pearson, Chris Porter, Russell Anderson, James Bailey, Jake Buxton, Ben Pringle, Tomasz Cywka, Miles Addison, Daniel Ayala, Conor Doyle, Callum Ball, Alberto Bueno, Ben Davies, Jeff Hendrick, James Severn, Brad Jones, Michael Boulding

You'd better get your finger out Tom, the 1st team squad for the start of next season's looking a bit, erm, threadbare, to put it politely.

Nigel more like.

I havent read the whole thread - so if someone else has pointed this out already, then i fully agree :-)

I can see a trend in there somewhere, if you look hard enough and you are open to "mini" positives. Not expecting miracles.

Like winning away at leeds for the first time in donkeys years. Like having the strength of character to get the team off the bus at Elland Rd.

Classic

Like "allegedly" kneeing Billy Davis in the back - I know that's in the past but it's classic enough to last for two more years yet.

Like putting together a fantastic run and showing that on our day, we were capable of playing good sides off the park.

Like watching some of the best stuff you've seen in years from a derby side.

Like throwing two young boys into the first 11 and watching them on occasions take the p out of their 'more established' team mates. Brayford has been a revelation.

I give you progress ;-)

8 points away from the bottom 3 in 2009

9 points away from the bottom 3 in 2010

Now if we could just squeeze 10+? points away from the bottom 3 in 2011.

Even the most die hard of anti clough fans would have to admit that is improvement year on year :-) :-)

We won at Leeds about 2 or 3 years ago, I remember because I was there, 0-1. Me and my old man got jumped outside by Leeds fans.

The good run did not even feature a side in the top 6 so poor point.

I saw about 10 games of a Derby side in confidence beat some lower/bottom championship teams only to all far apart in the most spectacular fashion I've seen whilst watching the rams.

The last point you make I hope is a joke. Without commenting on the pathetic points difference, you fail to mention that in recent years we would practically be sitting on if not in the bottom 3 on our current points. Thank **** they've been so crap up intill now. I never take positives from the failure of others.

Forced to move to a Cat B seat? Did you get any choice where you were put?

For example if you had moved to the NE corner which used to be Cat D (now reclassified as Cat C) you would still be paying £270 to renew this season. That's what I did this season- renewed a Cat D ticket for £270, relocated to NE corner for free and am paying £270 to renew this year.

I was going to post similar. My seat is category C now but still paying Cat D price at £270. I would question them at the ticket office or email Glick. They reckon if you renew early you will pay tha same price as last season, end of. It may mean moving again though but I would think you should get a Cat C seat which used to be Cat D (say NE corner for example).

Just thought, why is this in this thread :confused:

Archived