Year on Year Improvement?

Ramalama

It's now looking unlikely that we'll improve on last season's 14th place as we're now 10 points and -8 GD behind 13th.

All those who held up our 2 points last season as a shining light of improvement will now have to admit we're going backwards under GSE and Cloughie.

I'm sure the apologists will be out in full force again though, last year it was injuries, this year it's the wage bill, if anyone believes Glick's top 6 promises for next season they must be bonkers, we're probably 8 or 9 decent players away from being an average team.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make that 10, Paul Green likely to be out for 9 months according to RD.

Silly statements?

From experience so far GSE always want to do it on the cheap, and Clough's player spotting can only best be described as erratic, not a good combination.

I do love how people say judge glick and co after this summer,lol. So we forget about the previous promises, its this one that really counts, haha ;)

When will we learn; this board have promised so many things and never delivered. Come the summer, wait for 'we were in for him, him and him but other clubs were willing to pay stupid money and we just werent prepared to do that col in our financial structure. We will not jeopardise the future of this club, look at clubs like portsmouth and plymouth!!' (in my best american accent, lol)

I do love how people say judge glick and co after this summer,lol. So we forget about the previous promises, its this one that really counts, haha ;)

When will we learn; this board have promised so many things and never delivered. Come the summer, wait for 'we were in for him, him and him but other clubs were willing to pay stupid money and we just werent prepared to do that col in our financial structure. We will not jeopardise the future of this club, look at clubs like portsmouth and plymouth!!' (in my best american accent, lol)

Reasonably happy that we will stay up, given the team we've had to field recently and Kris Commons leaving. In addition the board have steadied the ship enough to bring in new players this Summer.

On the field we're about where we were when Clough joined, just £10m lighter on wages.

That's by far the silliest statement, if you think anyone of any quality is going to sign for us, then you really are deluded.

Even if Messi did sign for us though, they'd tell him to play left back and hoof the ball at the corner flag....

I was making a point that you can't say 8 or 9 players would make us average unless you know who those 8 or 9 players are. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you don't know what players the club has on it's shortlist for the summer, so your statement is silly.

In the last 2 seasons we have only been safe from relegation very close to the end of the season -penultimate game, or the previous one as I remember. This season may only be slightly better because of how bad the bottom 3 are this year.Therefore in 3 seasons I suggest that we are making no improvement from a very poor level anyway. I actually agree with GSE's policy of trying to run the club on a sound footing. There are lots of players who would do a job in the championship for lower wages than those currently not performing in our team. Whether we have a manager capable of identifying those players and signing them is open to debate. I agree that we need to improve the squad by recruiting 8-9 quality players. Lets hope GSE are as good as their apparent promises and provide the money for this and that the manager has sufficient knowledge of who is available and their ability level in order to use it well. Sounds like the summer will be crunch time for Cloughie. A batch of fairly duff ex Non League signings will probably see him out of a job by Christmas. There are many championship teams with a much lower budget than us, who have assembled a far better playing staff than us.

Archived