Rate the last song you heard

Plan B

I tell you a song that makes every Oasis song seem crap and irrelevant, is "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles. Very much what Oasis were trying to do in the Lennon parts of the song.

Two bands to look out for are The Vaccines and also The National.

Anyone going to Reading?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not sure whether they have been mentioned or not but my two favourite bands are Beautiful South and Talking Heads, Talking Heads especially are so so good. If Plan B honestly doesn't think these bands are some of the greatest ever then he is deluded.

Beautiful South's music is great, really simplistic yet catchy. Housemartins are good too, not heard much Talking Heads. We all know he's deluded.

Adele Song

At work, I am forced to listen to the dirge that is Capital FM....:mad:

How anyone can withstand the constant repetition of inane songs is beyond me - I personally can only handle a maximum of 6 Rhianna tracks in the space of one hour (prefer none at all ideally).

However, as a massive fan of all those artists, i.e. The Smiths, Joy Division etc etc that seem to be regarded as quintessentially "miserable", I have been slated all my adult life by plebs telling me to "smile, it might never happen" on a daily basis and telling me that that sort of music makes them want to "slash their wrists" and so forth.

I don't normally bother to enter into a debate over this, as I don't really give a toss and appreciate that a lot of people seem to find lyrics that might actually mean something or employ humour, irony or metaphor to convey its message, a little challenging. Most people would rather just nod along to a happy tune...I get it.

However, with this Adele song (forget the name, but it was number one recently), the boot is well and truly on the other foot. It keeps getting played over and over again on the radio and the rednecks in my office seem to love it....I have even heard chavvy birds howling along to it in their Citroen Saxos, adorned with pink playboy bunny ephemera (even though they're fat and ugly).

I have to say that it is the most maudlin, miserable, whining piece of sh1te that I have ever had the misfortune to hear and does actually make me feel depressed, which I honestly don't think any music has ever done to me before.

At work, I am forced to listen to the dirge that is Capital FM....:mad:

How anyone can withstand the constant repetition of inane songs is beyond me - I personally can only handle a maximum of 6 Rhianna tracks in the space of one hour (prefer none at all ideally).

However, as a massive fan of all those artists, i.e. The Smiths, Joy Division etc etc that seem to be regarded as quintessentially "miserable", I have been slated all my adult life by plebs telling me to "smile, it might never happen" on a daily basis and telling me that that sort of music makes them want to "slash their wrists" and so forth.

I don't normally bother to enter into a debate over this, as I don't really give a toss and appreciate that a lot of people seem to find lyrics that might actually mean something or employ humour, irony or metaphor to convey its message, a little challenging. Most people would rather just nod along to a happy tune...I get it.

However, with this Adele song (forget the name, but it was number one recently), the boot is well and truly on the other foot. It keeps getting played over and over again on the radio and the rednecks in my office seem to love it....I have even heard chavvy birds howling along to it in their Citroen Saxos, adorned with pink playboy bunny ephemera (even though they're fat and ugly).

I have to say that it is the most maudlin, miserable, whining piece of sh1te that I have ever had the misfortune to hear and does actually make me feel depressed, which I honestly don't think any music has ever done to me before.

Smile.

It might never happen.

Archived