North Stand Block A v Doncaster + Barnsley

therams69

Ye terrible song, makes no sense us singing it. Been recycled to much now with **** loads of clubs using it. No doubt we'll be trying that turn around, hands around each others shoulders bouncing up and down thing that seems to be going around.

Well I won't do it with them around me - miserable fekkers - unless it's hands round eachothers necks......:cool:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about '...by far the grteam....'

I can't believe after years at PP they haven't managed to complete the word greatest in that song, ever. It's a word that is begun but tossed away early for the end, it's like they don't really believe it.

true! when was the last time derby fans sang that song at PP? we cant have done it in the last three months surely?

true! when was the last time derby fans sang that song at PP? we cant have done it in the last three months surely?

They sung it up in A block Vrs Hull, to quickly. It's hard enough trying to sing without having to spit every word out in quick succession, my only complaint about the block A guys really. Sing it slower and in tune, managing to fit the word 'greatest' in, job done. As with a lot of other songs, no idea why they feel the need to try and rap it out.

to be honest I have only been to PP this season today and vs Forest so I haven't heard enough from north stand to say too much, but I think PP in general rushes through songs, take steve bloomers watching for example. majority of PP are miles ahead of where it should be and when you are trying to sing it in time you end up about 5 secs behind every other fcker. I just hope next season the NSBA (my USA abbreviation of North stand block a, like it?;) lol) get more numbers and get more influence, I do think they will grow and it can only be a good thing for the atmosphere at PP.

normally from where i sit in the west stand, not only can you hear a pin drop but you can hear you lot singing :D but today with a packed out block.. Where were you all?!?! :frown: not a song heard!

The problem we had yesterday was that the sun newspaper and the football league had that special offer...

Unfortunately this resulted in ALOT of non singers in our area. During the first half there were fans purely not interested in even singing the basic Derby song.

In the half time break we did a bit of changearound to get all us singers together and made more noise in the second half.

Hope that answers your question and is a good explanation, its amazing whenever we are full we have problems getting a high volume going, mainly due to fans just not interested.

We only want/need like minded individuals on our area to make it work!!

Nick

They sung it up in A block Vrs Hull, to quickly. It's hard enough trying to sing without having to spit every word out in quick succession, my only complaint about the block A guys really. Sing it slower and in tune, managing to fit the word 'greatest' in, job done. As with a lot of other songs, no idea why they feel the need to try and rap it out.

We are only 6 months into trying to change the way songs go so long way to go yet, this includes slowing songs down which we try and do but find alot of east standers like to quicken them up with clapping etc... This will change in time once we get a regular bunch together in our area!

Yesterday in my opinion was the worst performance in the north stand of the season, not much singing going on from anywhere else, I was looking forward to the match cos I knew block A was full and hoping for a few singers in, but non of them were, never enjoyed yesterday at all

Yesterday in my opinion was the worst performance in the north stand of the season, not much singing going on from anywhere else, I was looking forward to the match cos I knew block A was full and hoping for a few singers in, but non of them were, never enjoyed yesterday at all

Agreed. Me and my brother were at the end of block a, the last two seats before the stairway and block b and we were 2 rows from the back and everyone was sat down and deadly silent. We need to move our season tickets seats across as the atmosphere was nowhere near as good where we stood compared to about 10 seats across. Alot of people seem to be coming over just to sit near the singers but contribute absolutley feck all to the atmosphere!! There was a group behind us who had Nick move them in the second half because people infront of them were stood up. What did they expect!?!

Do the ticket office inform supporters they may be prolonged periods of standing and singing in this area or do they just let them find out for themselves? Seriously dissapointing and to be honest the atmosphere seems alot better when the block is half empty but everybody in there knows why we are there. To support the lads and make noise from the first minute to the last!

Ye terrible song, makes no sense us singing it. Been recycled to much now with **** loads of clubs using it. No doubt we'll be trying that turn around, hands around each others shoulders bouncing up and down thing that seems to be going around.

You mean the Grecque that Poznan and Man City (and Leicester) do? Looks f***ing rediculous if you ask me. I don't want some random 50 year old bloke having his hands all over me, I want to watch the game! By all means create an atmosphere, but make it English in style - we're not Italian Ultras for crying out loud.

And before someone says so, yes I am aware Poznan is in Poland.

Agreed. Me and my brother were at the end of block a, the last two seats before the stairway and block b and we were 2 rows from the back and everyone was sat down and deadly silent. We need to move our season tickets seats across as the atmosphere was nowhere near as good where we stood compared to about 10 seats across. Alot of people seem to be coming over just to sit near the singers but contribute absolutley feck all to the atmosphere!! There was a group behind us who had Nick move them in the second half because people infront of them were stood up. What did they expect!?!

Do the ticket office inform supporters they may be prolonged periods of standing and singing in this area or do they just let them find out for themselves? Seriously dissapointing and to be honest the atmosphere seems alot better when the block is half empty but everybody in there knows why we are there. To support the lads and make noise from the first minute to the last!

Ayup matey,

I think yesterday was a one off with the sun newspaper offer. To be fair to the ticket office they do advise supporters when they purchase about the noise in our area it was just as the sun paper only could have cat c tickets they had to be in our area...

For the rest of the season we will be having our 5 rows (back rows) blocked for us and other singers so we will be okay....

I am hoping next season we will see at least another 30 or so move over to our area making us reach the 100/150 reguarly and with it being the same guys so we can get the singing / scarf waving more frequent and organised...

I guess this season was more about setting up base where as next year will be about attracting more and more like minded individuals...

We are doing well though and in the words of Mr Clough "we should never think for one minute that we are not appreciated"

Joetheram - quite right, we are never going to be ultras and will never advertise to be ultras! Just doesnt happen over here and certainly not in PPS!! All we can do is the next best thing!

Archived