Ratings v Hull

Wilko

Bywater - Seems harsh to rate him if his back was as bad as it seemed, did what he could all things considered

Brayford - 8.5 - One of the best signings we've made in the last 7 or 8 years. Solid in the tackle and immense going forward, it's just a massive shame that Clough seems to have told the full-backs to stop offering support beyond half-way.

Barker - 7 - Solid and dependable

Ayala - 7 - Started extremely well, faded towards the end

Roberts - 7 - Better today from Roberts, much more solid in defence and not too bad going forward either

B.Davies - 6 - He doesn't seem confident. He's come into a losing side and it shows. Tries to make things work. Set pieces good.

Sav - 5 - His head went after the referee (who was atrocious) booked him for being kicked.

Addison - 5 - For me, he's still two yards off the pace. Really hope he gets that sharpness back.

Cywka - 8.5 - Joint MOTM with Brayford for me. Neat touches, excellent passing, finally had the confidence to take on a man. Much improved.

S. Davies - 4 - Anonymous

Ward - 7.5 - Immense first half, lost all service from midfield in the second. Could work out to be a shrewd signing by Nige

Subs:

Severn - 6.5 - Tough coming into an important game for your debut, but the lad didn't do much wrong. Kicks were all straight, two good saves. Could have done better for their goal, but I'm convinced either Barker or Ayala backed into him and ruined his jump

Robinson - 6 - Lots of running, needs more training time but a lot of potential

Pringle - Slotted in the left-back slot well enough

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doesnt seem too bad, think addison may need a rest soon though cause he has played alot since his injury and may need to take a breather with all these games coming now, though i would like him in for shef u as they are always bullies when we play them and we will need him in the middle.

Bywater - ungraded

Brayford - 7.5

Barker - 8

Ayala - 7

Roberts - 7

Savage - 6

Addison - 5.5

B. Davies - 5.5

Cywka - 7.5

Ward - 7

Davies - 6

Severn - 5 - gave the goal away I'm afraid

Robinson - 5.5

Pringle - 7

Agree with the above apart from Severn, who may have been at fault slightly for the goal, but pulled of a couple of very good saves, did one flew on to the bar?? couldn't make it out as was in the North Stand lower.

Ward was quiet in the second half... but tried all the same.

I was impressed with Robinson, thought he looked sharp and hungry for his first outing.

Agree with the above apart from Severn, who may have been at fault slightly for the goal, but pulled of a couple of very good saves, did one flew on to the bar?? couldn't make it out as was in the North Stand lower.

I was impressed with Robinson, thought he looked sharp and hungry for his first outing.

Their CB sidefooted it in from 3 yards out, about 2/3 of the way across the goal. How can that be 'slightly' his fault

He was nowhere near the one that hit the bar.

Thought Addo was like Darren Moore, but without the pace:eek:

Ward looked like a younger version of Dickov first half, impressed with him and i think Theo could be a threat as well.

Ayala and Barker look sound.

Confident for the rest of the season.

My half empty glass has been refilled....

Bywater - N/A.

Brayford - 7. Decent performance.

Barker - 7. Looks better with Ayala.

Ayala - 6. I like this lad until he starts to try and pass...

Roberts - 6. Ermm, well he tried, so marking his as a 5 would be harsh.

Cywka - 7.5. Sprang in to life second half, Clough sat him a bit deeper where he found the right sort of space to work his stuff. Worthy of MOTM for me

Savage - 7. I don't remember him doing much, I really don't, maybe the odd decent pass, so it's a firm 7 for that reason.

Addison - 5. Offered so little for a player of such great ability, a very dissapointing performance by his standards.

Ben Davies - 5. Ouch. One poor performance and that's clearly the nail in the coffin for his Derby County career. Some of fans' comments about him have been ridiculous. He's looked decent in his first few games and already there seem to be doubts surrounding him, almost like people want him to be crap. He'll probably be the next Jay McEveley.

Steve Davies - 4. He's not fit, nowhere near. But still better than Porter, oh yes, definitely.

Jamie Ward - 7. Needs games desperately, because he lost his way second half, but that's partly to do with Hull adjusting themselves to deal with him at half-time. Isn't it great to have a forward that prompts a defensive change from the opposition again?

Subs

Severn - 5. Very impressed with his distribution, very dissapointed with his handling. Goalkeepers develop 3-4 years behind outfield players, and it showed, he's some way off being the finished article as the goal only proved.

Robinson - 6. Lacking match sharpness due to lack of games, but had plenty of chances to score. While very annoying, this can be an encouraging sign from a forward, because it shows he gets in the right positions.

Pringle - 4. Well. Looks slightly better at left-back. Or should that be "not as bad" at left-back.

Archived