When the going gets tough

footymadme

THE TOUGH GET GOING...........

and no , thats not out of the door where CLOUGH is concerned...

if you read this or any of your staff mr Clough be assured a big

proportion of LOYAL fans know you are the man/manager to

do the job at our beloved DCFC...........

PLEASE kick the board up the arse ( in a polite clough way ) and

get em wise as to what is required and to let everybody know we

are going to see you and your staff get the backing they deserve.

we all make mistakes and we know you have , especially in the first

half yesterday , but at least you had the guts to admit it .

we are right behind you , SO DIG IN ...we still have over a third of the

season to go and a mid table finish is well within our capabilities.

:):):):)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did read the post and i believe the board think they are backing Clough so the only alternative would be a replacement of owners and i dont see any buyers.

But you replied in a way to suggest the original poster had stated he wanted the board out, which he didn't. You replied to what you think yourself and not waht was written.

I know but Clough has already stated its not a cash issue at the moment its the fact that he cant find any strikers etc who clubs will release in the emergency window:confused:

I know, I didnt say I agreed with the comment. But at least you have mmanaged a reply that is on the topic of the original post.:p

i'm talking about BIG MONEY

the owners have a VERY LARGE purse with no moths just money

in there.....

sorry , i should have made myself more clear.

i'm talking long term investment in the team with more quality

to bring the good and especially the young players on.:)

the owners have a VERY LARGE purse with no moths just money

in there.....

sorry , i should have made myself more clear.

i'm talking long term investment in the team with more quality

to bring the good and especially the young players on.:)

If they have money, why sell our top scorers? Unless they start spending it, we are only going one way...and that's to League One.

I think we tried this in the past and I recall that it didn't work out so well

So we live on loans forever do we? We need players to be our players... Currently we have 22,000 season ticket holders, next season we will have I guess 13/14,000 the club have given us the early bird season ticket freeze till the end of April... Should make it July so they can show us there intentions at derby county football club... Invest in the club.. We not asking for tens of millions.. Just make us enjoyable to watch and show us a commitment to the club that they want to take us forward and not just assist strip us for all we have... 2 players have recently renewed for us on a (rumoured) combined salary of £2200 per week that's what our investers like... Cheap and cheerful. We are a joke at the minute being run by jokers..

yes

your right to state that, he is.

but they had a good offer and n.c perhaps had visions of bringing

a better / younger / faster player in ...

i think glick perhaps has alot to learn about signing new players...

perhaps somebody needs to 'wise up ' and move alot quicker to

put pen to paper on new signings and not get 'gazumped' again ay.:D

A club the size of derby should not have to RELY on loans.... we should of BOUGHT some strikers in the window!

How many loan players did Leicester have? And how much money do they have? Loans are often the best way for clubs at the lower end of the Prem and in the Championship. They don't replace the need for permanent players but they certainly are used by a high number of clubs now so it's not a Derby only issue.

Our problem is we either can't identify or can't attract our own loan players in to boost our squad.

Had an interesting conversation last night with a manager of another Championship club about loans. He was saying how Yakubu turned the game for Leicester - "and that's what you get for a £500K loan fee and paying £50K a week in wages".

His club has similar issues affording loan fees, but "if you want to progress you have to pay the going rate". They've brought a few in themselves.

On Derby he said managers generally regard it as one of the top jobs outside of the obvious contenders in the Premiership - he'd jump at the chance, but not with the current set up, describing it as a poisoned challice. He also reckoned that it hasn't bottomed out yet and more tough times look to be ahead for us if we don't bring more players in.

On Nigel, he said he thought he was the man to sort it out and that he'd already worked wonders - and the board must know it - but wondered if the fans would turn on him if results keep going the way they are.

Make of that what you will.

Had an interesting conversation last night with a manager of another Championship club about loans. He was saying how Yakubu turned the game for Leicester - "and that's what you get for a £500K loan fee and paying £50K a week in wages".

His club has similar issues affording loan fees, but "if you want to progress you have to pay the going rate". They've brought a few in themselves.

On Derby he said managers generally regard it as one of the top jobs outside of the obvious contenders in the Premiership - he'd jump at the chance, but not with the current set up, describing it as a poisoned challice. He also reckoned that it hasn't bottomed out yet and more tough times look to be ahead for us if we don't bring more players in.

On Nigel, he said he thought he was the man to sort it out and that he'd already worked wonders - and the board must know it - but wondered if the fans would turn on him if results keep going the way they are.

Make of that what you will.

Any Clough lover could have written that, sort of a last plead, after yesterdays f/u.:D

Any Clough lover could have written that, sort of a last plead, after yesterdays f/u.:D

Don't be so ignorant, Smiffy. I'm simply relaying a conversation with someone who knows a hell of a lot more about managing a football club than you, me and everyone else on this forum put together.

If you don't like it, fair enough, but please don't make me out to be a liar just because his view doesn't fit with your view of the world.

Don't be so ignorant, Smiffy. I'm simply relaying a conversation with someone who knows a hell of a lot more about managing a football club than you, me and everyone else on this forum put together.

If you don't like it, fair enough, but please don't make me out to be a liar just because his view doesn't fit with your view of the world.

Who`s view:rolleyes:

Archived