New deal for Pringle

Gary Teale

BEN Pringle has signed a new deal with Derby County.

The 21-year-old midfielder has been handed an 18-month contract taking him through this season and next, and the club have a further year's option on the player.

Pringle has made 15 appearances this season, four of them starts. He is captain of the Reserves and scored in yesterday's totesport.com League Cup win at Walsall.

Derby are likely to take up an option on defender Jake Buxton, whose current deal is due to expire this summer.

Striker Chris Porter is also out of contract at the end of the season, as is midfielder Robbie Savage, who is to retire from playing.

Thirty-four-year-old striker Michael Boulding played as a triallist for the Reserves at Walsall.

He scored in the 2-0 victory and played the whole game.

Boulding joined Barnsley last summer in a bid to earn a contract but he has now left the Oakwell club.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he is absolutely quite shocking - in a bad way

bad choice here clough he'll never get into the first team and even when he does he doesn't play that good

should of let him go/sold him to reduce the wages further and then spend those wages on a better calibre of player

you mate........................

bad choice here clough he'll never get into the first team and even when he does he doesn't play that good

should of let him go/sold him to reduce the wages further and then spend those wages on a better calibre of player

are talking garbage....................:mad:

He's a trier, and god loves one.

well, you need reserves, and he's the captain of them. You can't have first team players in the whole squad, or there'd be some unhappy players.
I may be old fashioned, but to me reserves are reserves for the first team, Pringle isn`t, and never will be, IMO.

So for me its a complete waste of what little cash we have.

I think he is a decent player, he does well for the reserves so what to say he won't make the first team? I can't see him being a key player but maybe getting a run in the team and offering something.

I believe him to be a good league one/standard championship player.

I know the son of the ex ex Ilkeston Town chairman (not the bad one) He reckons he was offered about £2000 a week at Derby.

He's definately worth that. 21 and still learning. He's only been full time for 18 months.

Worth £100,000 a year, what planett are you from Zog.

Thats around 400 peoples hard earned season ticket money, for a conference north player, he is NOT good enough and never will be.

Worth £100,000 a year, what planett are you from Zog.

Thats around 400 peoples hard earned season ticket money, for a conference north player, he is NOT good enough and never will be.

That's his top salary after performance bonuses. What i am saying, is that if he achieves them, then he is definately worth that.

I think he is a decent player, he does well for the reserves so what to say he won't make the first team? I can't see him being a key player but maybe getting a run in the team and offering something.

I believe him to be a good league one/standard championship player.

Might fit in well next season then, the way things are going.... ;)

Archived