Fans online news feed/paper

WilkoRam

Just a thought here guys and gals. I've read a few things on here about no independent reporting etc from sources such as the Derby Evening Telegraph (is it still called that) and BBC.

With that in mind would anyone be interested in starting a rams website with independent reports from games, news, opinion pages etc? I'm not proposing a replacement of this forum as the website would have no option for everyone to type or discuss, that is what this is for. But there's a lot of people out there who can't get to games and can't be kept up to date with interviews etc.

Also I'm not sure the feasibility of it all or if anyone things it's a good idea. I used to build websites but that was about 8 years ago, since then I've changed careers (fairly dramatic change at that). Maybe even an iPad and iPhone application as well (ok I'm overdoing it now).

Anyway if anyone is interested and has any skills that they want to use to get it started let me know.

Also let me know if there's already a site like this out there and I've wasted time typing this.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you been hibernating for the past few months WilkoRam?;)

Pretty sure you've described the website AlexW's setting up.

I had a period where I couldn't get on here that much so must have missed it.......although not sure how independent AlexW will be ;)

Going to try and do something on here, thread up here

http://www.dcfcfans.uk/showthread.php?t=5173

Sneak peak here

http://www.dcfcfans.uk/showthread.php?t=5183

The new vBulletin is in it's early days and there are a few bugs still to be ironed out which I'm waiting for as they will no doubt have template changes. Just waiting for those to be fixed and I can push on with the final design.

Can't give an exact date although unlike Alex's I imagine it will be done before Nigel Clough retires from the game.

Hello there WilkoRam,

My website is online now but only in test form, the designer is in Scotland until next week so the layout is still only in test mode. Everything is going to change, and alot of things added. (Also apparently many people are getting a virus wanring when opening it up so going to have to get that sorted pronto)

I'm going to have commentary set up at Derby and probably every other championship game by the end of the season, if I can get a few more reporters in for the remaining clubs.

Was struggling to get anybody in for a while as i'm very low on funds, but managed to get lucky in a designer so things are on a roll again. There was also an Iphone app planned that would be partnered with priderams app. (Can't remember the name, there was a thread about that on here a while ago. Bloody good app going by what everyone was saying)

There'll be interviews, a blog, interviews when I can get them etc.

There are a few sites about for Rams fans, others may know of the better ones currently.

Hello there WilkoRam,

My website is online now but only in test form, the designer is in Scotland until next week so the layout is still only in test mode. Everything is going to change, and alot of things added. (Also apparently many people are getting a virus wanring when opening it up so going to have to get that sorted pronto)

I'm going to have commentary set up at Derby and probably every other championship game by the end of the season, if I can get a few more reporters in for the remaining clubs.

Was struggling to get anybody in for a while as i'm very low on funds, but managed to get lucky in a designer so things are on a roll again. There was also an Iphone app planned that would be partnered with priderams app. (Can't remember the name, there was a thread about that on here a while ago. Bloody good app going by what everyone was saying)

There are a few sites about for Rams fans, others may know of the better ones currently.

will the interview with Arnaud Mendy be on it :p?

will the interview with Arnaud Mendy be on it :p?

Ha, considering the fact I haven't spoken to him since just after Crimbo it seems unlikely.

I'll try and get it done, but he's totally out of the picture now and I didn't know if it were worth doing. At the time I wanted to do it he was at Tranmere doing well and looked like he might come back to be part of the squad.

Now however, i'm genuinely suprised he's still at the club.

Sounds good. Can I ask if you are the only reporter for the Derby games?

To begin with, yes.

Though I am open to editorials/articles from well informed fans, such as WorksopRam does.

If anyone wants to bookmark the site, it's www.matchtext.com

There is nothing there really though at the moment, just the fact that it's online is pleasing.

Hello there WilkoRam,

Will RamNut's interviews with the players be a feature?

Archived