Ratings v Ipswich

VulcanRam

Bywater 5 - seemed to let the first goal through his hands, couldn't help the second, distribution dodgy

Brayford 5 - his attacking mojo has all but disappeared

Barker 6 - good at kicking and heading

Addison 6 - looked solid

Roberts 6 - best game in a Derby shirt, looked solid

Green 5 - not a right midfielder

Bueno 3 - dreadful

Pearson 7 - drove the midfield forward as best he could, best game for Derby in ages

B Davies 7 - great effort, good set pieces

Porter 3 - can't head, control, pass or run very fast

Subs: Cywka and Davies, didn't really add much

Streaker 9 - made my night. MoM

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree in large with those ratings, except Pearson, 1st half, yes 7, but 2nd half, it has to be 4, he was like an etch-a-sketch, he only seemed to run in 90 degree angles.

I thought Roberts had a very solid game, as did most players, but we need a striker who can hold the ball up and win headers!! Someone in the 3 needs pace.

Also Ben Davies looks a very good buy, his passing, vision, everything was so much better than everyone on the pitch, including Bullard who strutted around the pitch as though he was far better than anyone else and was awful, he reminded me of a prancing pony at times, a bit like savage to be honest.

By water 5, I thought the ball bounced just before it got to him, but a lot of people saying he should f saved it

Bray ford 6, hampered by green, but tried to get forward, kept us solid down the right

Barker 6.5, didn't really miss a beat, but the 2 goals bring the rating down from a 7

Addison 6.5, see above

Roberts 6, much improved, set the goal up, looked good going forward, might of done better for there second

Bailey 6 not amazing, seemed to pass sideways a lot, didn't do much wrong, but not much right

Green 4, our poorest player on the pitch, try hard, but was to close to bray ford, offered little going forward

Person, 7 best performance in a derby shirt, tired towards end won some vital free kicks, needs to learn to get ball under control when running

Bueno, with Davies most creative player on pitch, goes down a little to easy, but much improved on recent performances.

B Davies 8, another day he'd of scored, work rate first class, we look dangerous at set pieces, well deserved mom.

Porter 5, was all right but not enough to be effective. No pace, no control. Time foe Steve Davies?

Subs: didn't do much, Davies had a couple of touches, and Cywka had a run, but nothing amazing.

Streaker 7, poor effort didn't even go fully out. Was funny so got a 7

Bywater - 5 - First goal looked fantastic but should have done better as he got his hands to it. View of the second was blocked as it's the other end of the pitch to me, but to be beaten at your near post is always disappointing.

Brayford - 6 - More attacking wise from him tonight, defensively was pretty solid. He's getting back to his better form, slowly but surely.

Barker - 7 - Thought he did very well, nothing much that he did wrong in my eyes. Pretty solid.

Addison - 6 - Less solid, but switching between midfield and defense isn't going to leave him that settled in a position, so didn't do too badly. First touch was often suspect.

Roberts - 6 - Showed more of what Cloughy actually wants of him, pleased with most of his efforts today, just a few moments where he was slightly off the game plan in regard to lobs over the fullback etc. Pleasing start though considering the loss of Moxey.

Pearson - 7 - Far far better from Pearson, alot of running and some good passing. Lost it a few times but far better from him, would be happy him starting there most games if he continues in the same vein.

Bailey - 6 - Tidy passing, did his job well. Tends to be a bit quiet but players like him do tend to go unnoticed due to the nature of their game. Did well enough.

B.Davies - 7 - Set pieces mixed, mostly decent. Always looks a threat, does tend to run into blind alleys from time to time but continously pushing to create something. He's the type of player we need at Derby.

Bueno - 7 - Kept the ball and distributed well, stepped up to the plate after the loss of Commons. Did a few things wrong, a few dodgy decisions but scored the goal and also always looked a threat. Keep at it Alberto.

Green - 6 - First half was key to alot of the attacking play, but seemed to be bullied off of the ball a little too easily at times. First touch also let him down a few times but that's usual for him. Decent enough game.

Porter - 5 - Trying but will take time to recover properly. Nothing wrong with his effort at all, always trying to win the ball and did beat their centre backs a fair few times in the air, but he just doesn't look a threat at the moment. Need someone in on loan while he gets back to his normal self.

Subs:

S.Davies - 5 - Didn't really make much of a difference, not that much time to. Atleast it's more time on the pitch for him.

Cywka - 5 - Invisible for most of his cameo at the end, one run across the middle but nothing else.

Special Mention

Barmy Army - 9 - Fantastic effort, really well done. The East Stand made 5-10 minutes worth of noise all game, you lads blew them out of the water entirely. If only we could have a stand full of you. Songs tend to drag on a little but i'm not going to knock that too much. Keep it up!

Disappointing Performance Of The Day

Pitch Invader - 2 - Didn't help that we were pushing for an equaliser you absoloute t*t. Alright, slightly amusing, but we're pushing for a goal and he's breaking up play when we were doing well. I hope one of the stewards gave him a sneaky smack in the mouth.

i got the impression that bueno was our main man going forward, especially first half. may well be wrong though.

Nope, Pearson ran the show in midfield first half. We missed his energy second half. Still lacks fitness.

We may have seen glimpses of the player we might have had if Pearo had a pre-season...

Nope, Pearson ran the show in midfield first half. We missed his energy second half. Still lacks fitness.

We may have seen glimpses of the player we might have had if Pearo had a pre-season...

would be interesting to see if Pearson and Roberts could make the left side their own, to me this is our weakest link at the moment but if they can keep stepping up hopefully problem can be solved in house

So taking player averages as a whole, that sounds like 6.5 overall.

But what mark would people give to the overall performance? Some posts on the site during the game suggested we played well, at least in the first half.

So, for those of you who saw the game, how did we play, on a scale of 1 - 10?

would be interesting to see if Pearson and Roberts could make the left side their own, to me this is our weakest link at the moment but if they can keep stepping up hopefully problem can be solved in house

Goalkeeper's the weakest link for me. Completely undermines the back four. They looked a lot better with Fielding behind them.

6.5 i'd say.

I'd give them a 7 but we didn't win, so I can't really.

The football was far better, we had quite a few chances and we limited them to 4 chances really. And one of those was Bullards stunner. The ball just wouldn't fall for us to get a second.

6.5 i'd say.

I'd give them a 7 but we didn't win, so I can't really.

The football was far better, we had quite a few chances and we limited them to 4 chances really. And one of those was Bullards stunner. The ball just wouldn't fall for us to get a second.

So would you say we were unlucky?

Sorry, but all I saw of the game was the score updates.

Bywater 5 - Same old.

Brayford 6 - Short on confidence. Still a decent showing

Barker 7 - Looked to have everything wrapped up.

Addison 7- Solid enough

Roberts 7- Needed a good game and thought he offered more in attack than Moxey would.

Bailey 6 - Naive at times. Tidy as usual.

Pearson 6 - Completely naive off the ball. Our fans seem to think if your closing down players then your doing your job. His job isn't to close down players so high up the field. It's to protect our defence. Good game on the ball though. Best in an age.

Green 5 - So much better than this. Looked low on confidence.

Bueno 5 - a few nice moves but hardly pulled the strings.

B. Davies - 7 Excellent fitness. Decent delivery most the time. Looks handy at corners with the odd exception. Looks like the only Rams player not yet worn down by defeat.

Porter 4 - Never expected him to get much out of the tough Ipswich CB's. And he didn't. Clumsy first touches meant what he did get off them he wasted.

Davies : Looked sharp enough. Not much time.

Cywka : Not much time

Decent performance but we're all suffering. We lose when we don't play well and we still lose when we do. Hardly suprised at the poor atmosphere considering the mood atm. Barmy Army kept their chins up though. Yet another kick in the balls today. On to Saturday eh?

Archived