Davies....If he reaches the premier league

DerbyRam!

ok lets all put our loyalty to derby aside :/, speaking from a neutral point of view

if nottingham forest do go up how well do you think he will do in the premier league, with us he left within weeks the dirty little rat :p

when he took us up, we weren't that good a side, it was practically a good championship defence combined with one man striker howard and we ended up winning most games that campaign just 1-0

so is nottingham forest really any better? sure it'll be difficult to beat our record but i doubt they have enough to stay up

(and there'll come crashing back down to earth with a fiver in the bank :L)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they will find it as tough as any team t stay up and they will more than likely come back down but I don't think they will be close to us. They have a far better team than we did and will be competitive I would ha e thought.

Thats what I thought about Blackpool.

Personally I would prefer them to finish third, throw away a lead in the second leg of the play of semi's at home. Then with Tyson, Earnshaw and the other one that has been asked to take a pay cut leaving struggle to score goals next year and get relegated.

I don't think Billy's contract will be renewed this time around.

Hes got 1 more season then propel Forest into the promised land if he fails this time.

Read somthing that made me feel sick the other day - "Billy Davies looks set to emulate Brian Clough and take both Derby and Forest into the top tier of English footabll"

How can anyone use both names in hte same sentence wihtout that sentence being

Billy Davies isnt fit to wipe the mud off Brian Clough's shoes, if he were still here today.

Camp is a good keeper

Forest have the second best defence in the league & have just added the Liverpool left back

A midfield full of talent & pace

Eight strikers on there books ( Blackstock would be fit by next season they have Earnshaw Tudgay Tyson & Findley the yank )

A rich chairman & the money for getting promoted would see Forest in a very good position.

I think they would do ok.

well if we go up (i dont think we will) i think billy would do ok.

i think the key is keeping the main nucleus of the team

camp

gunter

chambers

konchesky

mcgugan

moussi

majewski

cohen

could all do a job in the premiership.

add 4 quality players and we may stay up.

take the top 6-7 teams out of the league and theyre are alot of average teams in the premiership imo.

whatever happens i doubt we cant do worse than your guys last premiership season:D

• 2 weeks later...

Very difficult to say, but it would appear if you have some sort of system thats different you can pick up points. e.g Blackpools all out attack and Stokes tough tackling, long throw ins. BD is good enough to sort something out, I think but not sure he'll get much cash.

One thing that I've noticed is how poorly Davies sides start a season, he cant afford that in the Premier.

I personally don't think they will go up, Cardiff and QPR auto, Leicester playoffs.

Very difficult to say, but it would appear if you have some sort of system thats different you can pick up points. e.g Blackpools all out attack and Stokes tough tackling, long throw ins. BD is good enough to sort something out, I think but not sure he'll get much cash.

One thing that I've noticed is how poorly Davies sides start a season, he cant afford that in the Premier.

I personally don't think they will go up, Cardiff and QPR auto, Leicester playoffs.

I did a little statistics project for year 11 maths :p

what i found out was that derby, when they start a season badly(end up in 22-24th spot for first few weeks) we end up finishing in a significantly better place at the end of the campaign :p

when we start well, we end up lower down :L

(only revelant to last 5 seasons odd and premier league doesn't count :L)

Hes getting his excuses ready for missing out on auto promotion

on twitter today from radio nottingham I think it was

BD- We need three new players to get auto, if we get those and dont get there I am happy to say its my fault.

What if they dont get those and misses out by one point, is it the players fault for not being good enough, or the boards fault for not buying the three players needed to get that one extra point?

Paul Jewel & Billy Davies doing well.

Paul Jewell hasn't signed anyone yet? Roy Keane spent a fair bit of cash at Ipswich, his problem was his style of play plus his motivational skills.

As of the original question, Forest will go up this season, now they've become hard to beat away from home they're (records suggesting) bordering undefeatbale at home thus will pick up enough points for the autos. As for next season, Blackpool an WBA are looking like relegation fodder now..

Wolves, Wigan, WBA, Blackpool, West Ham and B'Ham are all down there but on their day can beat anyone, but if Forest can mix it with the other 2 that goes up plus 3 of the above, then they can stay up, I personally think they will.

The PL is becoming so predictable, other than Newcastles relegation its been a case of the top 5 will be the top 5 and the smaller teams, like the ones mentioned, will be the bottom 6. Teams like Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn and Everton will just linger midtable for the next 10 years or so. Yawn.

Paul Jewel & Billy Davies doing well.

Billy Davies: He's doing OK but only because the acquisition panel heve curbed his worst excesses. IMO, he would have destroyed your (it hurts to say it), talented squad if he had been allowed to get his "5 stellar signings" he wanted back in the summer.

Paul Jewell: Good manager at Wigan and Bradford, small clubs, low expectations. Could'nt cut it at Sheffy Wendy and Derby.

Archived