Derby County v Ipswich Town

froggg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bit of a silly argument really, as you would struggle to name players for most teams back then. Fact is, at the time, these players were on relatively high wages.

You have no idea what wages they were on mate.

I'm saying the players wern't well known players. Roberts and Ellington cost them over a million each. I remember them buying Ellington after he scored his hat trick against us, and thought it was a lot for him.

Surely this is a match Derby should be winning, at home against a team below us in the league and a manager who failed badly at our own club although at least he had the b***s to come on air and admit it was rubbish most of the time.

If we lost they would go level with us and I'd be seriously worried about the rest of the season, who is going to step up and score the 13+ goals that Commons provided in the first half.

To be honest I've always thought he was better on the wing rather than as an out and out forward, he seemed to use his pace better when out wide, whereas down the middle tended to run into trouble.

Would it be worth getting Kuqi for the rest of the year or perhaps he won't come now after feeling let down by what happened on his loan period (being harshly omitted when things were going well).

Archived