Where do you rate our team/squad

WilkoRam

Ok take off the rose tinted glasses or the.....whatever the opposite to rose tinted glasses is, and just on paper our team and squad, do you think it should be:

Relegation candidates

Mid-Table

Promotion Material

Just curious. Remember, rating the team on paper alone

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you put 'squad' then the answer is probably bordering on relegation.

If our best eleven players could be fit and in form every match then we would be bordering on promotion.

But the squad is too small, low in quality behind the first line and too injury prone to sustain a promotion push,and maybe even mid table mediocraty. Players have to play when not fit and out of form because there is no one else available.

I understand why many would disagree, but I think Nigel makes the squad punch above its weight. To move forward we need more and better players.

Mid table. I think many Derby fans find this scenario rather perplexing. Neither the complete cannon fodder of previous seasons fighting relegation nor the promotion/promotion chasing teams of Bilbo and Burley.

Frustratingly if Clough was given reasonable transfer funds of about £5 million I think we would be strong candidates for automatic promotion.

Yes, equal chance of both.

Yet seen as I'm a glass-half-full fan, I thought I'd go for promotion candidates.

It's obviously not going to happen now but it could have done.

So since in your words promotion is "not going to happen" I would suggest that your selection of 'promotion challengers' is incorrect.

So since in your words promotion is "not going to happen" I would suggest that your selection of 'promotion challengers' is incorrect.

If the question was where I think we would finish, then yes, promotion challengers would be incorrect.

However, if you look at the original thread, the question was about our squad on paper and how good we think the team is. Nothing is mentioned about where we'll finish this season.

If the question was where I think we would finish, then yes, promotion challengers would be incorrect.

However, if you look at the original thread, the question was about our squad on paper and how good we think the team is. Nothing is mentioned about where we'll finish this season.

I would have thought most people base quality on results.

This poll isn't about results. It's about a team on paper. Other factors decide results (formations, tactics, player positions, etc). England shouldn't, on paper, have done as badly in world cup but if you put one of the worlds best central midfielders on the left wing and put Heskey up top and your star striker losses form (and all his skill, passing and shooting ability) then that sort of thing can happen.

On the whole most fans seem to think that on paper we are mid table. If that's the case then Nigel is currently achieving expectation. He's not amazing, he's not doing what no other manager could do, he's hitting our minimum standard with this squad of players.

Archived