Hang on a minute...trouble ahead.

Dangerous

must say alex im amazed that you are a moderator.

so far on my short time on here you use the 'WUM' line on nearly everybody who disagrees with you.

i would of thought a mod sits back and interupts when an argument gets out of hand, but you seem to start them.

what do i know anyway, im only a 'WUM':rolleyes:

I have used it with The Ram because I see it as true, how many others have I used it with? I reckon it only must be one other, and I can't think who that is right now.

A mod is allowed to have an opinion, I am not here to babysit members. I debate with people on their theories and opinions. Can I not be allowed to have an opinion?

I debate many things, for example in another thread on here Driftor and I are having a debate on things. There is no malice involved and that's how it should be. Those aren't arguments.

However, if someone like The Ram comes online and starts talking rubbish and providing no facts or truths to support his claims, then he's merely a wind up merchant who has come on to annoy people.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MLS is about the standard of League One at the most so it's the perfect move for Savage is he wants to slowly bring his career to a halt and envisage a media career in the US. So we can't blame the board for that.

Bueno was drafted in here to be a striker for a season. Whether he wants to stay here is up to him but he has options both here and in Spain so if he hasn't made a concrete decision to stay here for good then we can't blame him or the board.

Commons is 27, in his prime now and the contract he gets could be for a Premiership team so who can blame him if he wants to wait and see for the best opportunity he can get? Remember he is a footballer and not a Derby fan. Imagine you were at an NPC club, say Bristol, you were the best player and it was nearing the end of your contract. However you'd made a few international appearances and heard Prem/SPL teams linked with you in tabloids then you'd be tempted to see what you can get. Also the board can't be to blame for that unless they magically get us into the PL.

Also, apart from Commons none of these are our best players.

I have the agree with what is fast becoming the general consensus that this message board has got really angry and some posters a little rude. I get abused more than this on a daily basis but I just don't see that it belongs here. Surely we're here to discuss things? We're all (mostly all) Derby fans and we just disagree on things. There's no need to get personal, arrogant or abusive.

Maybe he would get a big money deal out here in the States, if we were still in the late 1970's and early 1980's, but the MLS is on a tight salary cap with players today. Low end players were starving until this past year, when minimum wages were increased considerably......but they are still low in comparision to England.

Trust me very few World Leagues can compete with English salaries in todays world. When I heard what Non-League players were earning....Ouch!

I'm sure I read when Henry that went over to the MLS clubs get around the wage cap by paying a lump sum to the player outside of the contract. Savage was talking on Twitter with Rio Ferdinand, Rio asked if it was worth moving your family for just one year, he's not taking his family out there, they are staying back in England.

Now I may be way off here but to leave your family at home to go play in another country would need a pretty big incentive, what can that be other than $$$? If Clubs can afford Beckham and Henry, I'm sure Savage's wages wouldn't be an issue, when I say big pay day I'm only talking 30k which is roughly double the reported sum he's on now.

I have the agree with what is fast becoming the general consensus that this message board has got really angry and some posters a little rude. I get abused more than this on a daily basis but I just don't see that it belongs here. Surely we're here to discuss things? We're all (mostly all) Derby fans and we just disagree on things. There's no need to get personal, arrogant or abusive.

This Forum has grown very quickly over the last 6 months.

Before the DET closed down, we were a small forum with hardly any fall outs.

Getting as large as we have become brings it's problems as you have noted. All I can say is that Daveo, me and the mods are trying to give everybody a fair crack of the whip and also issuing warnings and yellows, and even straight bans if needed.

Please do report anything that you feel is not quite right, and we will look into it.

We don't want to lose members without trying help.

I agree with dangerous i think there is something definately not right going down at dcfc at the moment players just don't seem interested, sav probably the most consistent player for us this season being tapped up by our own board to go to one of their other teams, board dragging their feet with commons contract & no news on any decent signings either just more loan deals

I agree with dangerous i think there is something definately not right going down at dcfc at the moment players just don't seem interested, sav probably the most consistent player for us this season being tapped up by our own board to go to one of their other teams, board dragging their feet with commons contract & no news on any decent signings either just more loan deals

We have Addison returning to fitness.

Savage is on a reported 17k?? a week. If he fecks off in Feb we'll save £250,000 between Feb and June. Which will pay for Davies.

I have said before this form we have seen during December is the same we have seen for years at DCFC. The last three Decembers have been utter ***** in League results terms. Maybe the team just runs out of steam at this time of year. Look back both under Clough and Jewell we have had decent form during Late October and November then nothing at all in December. Doesn't mean there us something wrong behind the scenes.

apologies

like wilko, i seem to be getting called wum and **** stirrer etc from so many people, perhaps i am getting members mixed up.:D

it seems that the people who arent kissing GSE or Cloughs arse get labeled with being a troublemaker and are told to hush.

perhaps i am expecting too much from my club? we cant even compete with the coventrys of this world at the moment. for example, i see mark hammil of barnsley has a get out clause for 500k in his contract. surely we can muster up 500k??? or does simon clough even know who is??:rolleyes:

Is it possible to be neither a happy clapper or a wrist slasher?

Actually, if its possible, I think YR has the right idea. The rest of the season will be critical for Clough and, by extension, the board. We'll find out how much ambition and/or money there is by the end of the transfer window; we'll know if Commons is staying or going, and we'll hopefully find out if Clough and Glick have a fundamental breakdown in working atmosphere.

We don't know anything. Too many posts seem to know the problem is the board, or the problem is Nigel's ineptitude, or there's no problem at all. We'll know with time.

Until then I suggest all around stop baiting each other and accept that we are all allowed differences of opinion. It doesn't mean that we don't want to succeed - but we have different starting points and different timescales for it.

Mark Hammil = Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars films

Adam Hammil = Barnsley FC Midfielder

For 500k you can only have one - which is it going to be.....? ;)

Linky to the 500k release fee please, Ramking?

It's mentioned on thus tykes forum, but even if we did bid would he choose us or Wolves. Not sure about that.

http://www.tyketalkbfc.com/forum/topic/714-adam-hammill-to-wolves-for-500000/

Linky to the 500k release fee please, Ramking?

I'm sure I've heard it mentioned on SSN, they have that screen thing up when they are talking rumours, his name popped up and I think it was Wolves they mentioned are interested but haven't offered the 500k release fee yet.

Just been on skysports.com and seen Blackpool have had a bid accepted

---------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool have had a bid accepted for Adam Hammill, skysports.com understands.

The Tangerines are looking to bolster their options in midfield and are now hopeful of concluding a deal for the Barnsley winger.

The former Liverpool trainee joined Barnsley on a permanent deal in 2009 after impressing during an initial loan spell.

Now he has emerged as one of the most exciting prospects outside the Premier League.

The 23-year-old, though, has a release clause in his contract which enables him to leave for just £500,000.

Blackpool have triggered that option and hope to beat the likes of Wolves, Birmingham and Nottingham Forest to his signature.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11728_6660611,00.html

If he's a winger then that's why Clough isn't going for him. He says that Croft and Martin are likely to be going out on loan because they're wingers and we're not playing with wingers. So I wouldn't expect him to want to buy one, irrespective of how good he might or might not be.

Just been on skysports.com and seen Blackpool have had a bid accepted

---------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool have had a bid accepted for Adam Hammill, skysports.com understands.

The Tangerines are looking to bolster their options in midfield and are now hopeful of concluding a deal for the Barnsley winger.

The former Liverpool trainee joined Barnsley on a permanent deal in 2009 after impressing during an initial loan spell.

Now he has emerged as one of the most exciting prospects outside the Premier League.

The 23-year-old, though, has a release clause in his contract which enables him to leave for just £500,000.

Blackpool have triggered that option and hope to beat the likes of Wolves, Birmingham and Nottingham Forest to his signature.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11728_6660611,00.html

replacement for Charlie Adam?

Archived