Hang on a minute...trouble ahead.

Dangerous

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Forum has grown very quickly over the last 6 months.

Before the DET closed down, we were a small forum with hardly any fall outs.

Getting as large as we have become brings it's problems as you have noted. All I can say is that Daveo, me and the mods are trying to give everybody a fair crack of the whip and also issuing warnings and yellows, and even straight bans if needed.

Please do report anything that you feel is not quite right, and we will look into it.

We don't want to lose members without trying help.

Well thast me fooooooooooooooooked then:rolleyes: How many people must have reported me and dont like what I say:rolleyes:?

Very Worried Season Ticket Hoolder

Maybe I,m missing something but I have been a season ticket holder for over 40 years and I have seldom contributed to this forum BUT

Savage is club and team captain under contract till next June.

After the shameful performance against Crawley he would go into the dressing room to listen to Nigel go on about the performance.He had to leave as he had a meeting with one of the clubs OWNERS suggesting he should join another of his clubs in MARCH!! Savage says its his decision which he will think about whist still playing for Derby as Captain.

Say he decides to leave

In March the club is 2 points off te play offs Savage leaves Derby miss out

either by finishing mid table or being under strength at Wembley

OR In March Derby are near the relegation zone and he says bye.

Can someone explain to me what I am missing??

Well thast me fooooooooooooooooked then:rolleyes: How many people must have reported me and dont like what I say:rolleyes:?

Actually people don't tend to report posts for that reason. Reported posts are usually for something that is directly offensive, not just because it is not agreed.

everyone :D

Yeh probably, but we all have our own opinions and I cant agree with certain people on here, its just not my nature to do so.

I am though a Derby fan 110% for nearly 40 yrs and love the club and just want to see them back in the top flight and who knows maybe even Europe(day tripper over to Dover for the cheap fags:D)

Yeh probably, but we all have our own opinions and I cant agree with certain people on here, its just not my nature to do so.

I am though a Derby fan 110% for nearly 40 yrs and love the club and just want to see them back in the top flight and who knows maybe even Europe(day tripper over to Dover for the cheap fags:D)

day tripper over to Dover for the cheap fags

meant to say from FROM dover over to france for the cheap fags before anyone jumps on me about it;)

Can someone explain to me what I am missing??

Maybe it's the irony that, after all the stick he's taken since he's been with the Rams, someone, anyone, is actually suggesting that our season having anything like a successful conclusion may depend on him staying with us until May.... :D

Is it possible to be neither a happy clapper or a wrist slasher?

Personally, I think I sit in the middle ground. Just because I resolutely make the point that, ultimately, it's GSE's failure to deliver the funds promised that is the root of the problems, this doesn't make me a wrist-slasher; more of a realist.

I say time and again that I like everything about GSE other the funds bit.

I acknowledge that Clough isn't immune to criticism for mistakes, whilst insisting that he's the best man for the job in the circumstances of GSE's creating.

This doesn't mean I blindly support Nigel Clough.

Where the problem lies with this debating forum, I think, is that people are very polarised in their thinking. For example, they take the above statement regarding funding as 'proof' that I am anti board. Why does it?

Likewise, if someone with a non-league Nigel stance reads someone defending his continued reign, then they are automatically Clough @rse-kissers.

If anyone ever mentions paying decent money for a player, it's always fecking Claude Davies that gets thrown back; as if neither Derby or any other club hasn't have masses of success by paying more than relative peanuts for a player.

It frustates me when, for example, someone comes up with a line like "is it GSE's fault that Nigel plays people out of position"?

Such statements completely miss the point that the manager shuffles the pack he's been handed by the board, which is ultimately dictated by level of funding.

None of us know anything about the fitness or mental state of any of the players at the point of any given game, yet some are totally convinced that they know better than the management team.

The football Derby were playing in October and November proves that there is more right with the managment team than there is wrong.

Furthermore, with the squad Clough currently has, who on earth a). could come in and do better b). WOULD come in and do better c). unite the majority of the fans better than the son of Brian Clough?

Get some proper funding, get some decent players in and it all changes. Carry on as we are and we'll continue to get what we've been getting.

But the thing is, our fans, not all of them I admit, believe that we're the only club not spending... Or the only club to go down this route..

We we're relegated along with B'Ham and Reading.. Out of the 3 clubs, who had spent the most in an attempt to achieve promotion at the first attempt? Derby County..

B'Ham got promoted, Reading didn't.. Since then, Reading have Sold Doyle, Hunt, Kitson, Sonko, Bikey, Harper, Hanemman and Gylif Sigurdsson for around $30mill (the lot).. Who have they bought in? Well this year Ian Harte (free) and Leigertewood (Loan).

Of recent relegated teams, who has spent a bucket load.. Hull, Burnley, Pompey? Pompey nearly went out of business, Hull languish having sold key players and Burnley we're never under pressure to sell but have barely bought anyone..

You simply cannot blame the board for PJ failing therefore needing to wage cut.. If we had kept the squad, paid more the following season and failed again we would be f*cked..

And for the record, the $50mill promised investment was never promoised in 2 seasons..

Relegation always hits the clubs that have spent more than a season in the Prem harder than those (like us) that haven't.Survival in the first year invariably leads (but there's evidence this is now changing) to attempts to strengthen further to try and consolidate,with an inevitable rise in the wage bill.

It should be remembered that our wage bill was comfortably the lowest in the Prem and would have been more so without the January madness.

Relegation always hits the clubs that have spent more than a season in the Prem harder than those (like us) that haven't.Survival in the first year invariably leads (but there's evidence this is now changing) to attempts to strengthen further to try and consolidate,with an inevitable rise in the wage bill.

It should be remembered that our wage bill was comfortably the lowest in the Prem and would have been more so without the January madness.

I'm still dumbfounded/shocked at some of the decisions from that season.. The selling/exclusion of Matt Oakley, Steve Howard and Dave Jones (the only 3 players that looked anywhere near PL quality) to be replaced by the likes of Carroll, Tito Villa (an unknown) and Savage (Who'd barely played the year prior to that).

But I'm merely stating everything that is wrong with DCFC isn't solely at the feet of the owners.. They backed PJ blindly without any football knowledge in the hope he'd win promotion at the first time of asking and he simply couldn't have done a worse job.. In fact I'd go as far as saying there isn't a manager out there in the football league that would have done worse..

I fully agree with your first point, clubs that have spent a larger amount of time in the PL are hit harder, they tend to have a bigger squad of 'accomplished' PL/Championship level players on wages too high at this level..

However, did we really have a wage bill comfortably the lowest? I mean, in recent years Reading, Burnley, Wolves and Blackpool all have been promoted on a next to nothing wage bill by buying players from the lower leagues with a help of the loan market..(I admit Wolves have spent a fair bit improving their squad) We bought our way to promotion and it wouldn't suprise me if our wage bill then was of equal of more than what Forests wage bill is now.. And when comparing the squads it actually makes me cringe..

I'm still dumbfounded/shocked at some of the decisions from that season.. The selling/exclusion of Matt Oakley, Steve Howard and Dave Jones (the only 3 players that looked anywhere near PL quality) to be replaced by the likes of Carroll, Tito Villa (an unknown) and Savage (Who'd barely played the year prior to that).

But I'm merely stating everything that is wrong with DCFC isn't solely at the feet of the owners.. They backed PJ blindly without any football knowledge in the hope he'd win promotion at the first time of asking and he simply couldn't have done a worse job.. In fact I'd go as far as saying there isn't a manager out there in the football league that would have done worse..

I fully agree with your first point, clubs that have spent a larger amount of time in the PL are hit harder, they tend to have a bigger squad of 'accomplished' PL/Championship level players on wages too high at this level..

However, did we really have a wage bill comfortably the lowest? I mean, in recent years Reading, Burnley, Wolves and Blackpool all have been promoted on a next to nothing wage bill by buying players from the lower leagues with a help of the loan market..(I admit Wolves have spent a fair bit improving their squad) We bought our way to promotion and it wouldn't suprise me if our wage bill then was of equal of more than what Forests wage bill is now.. And when comparing the squads it actually makes me cringe..

I meant our bill was the lowest in the Prem for that season and thus much lower than the 2 clubs we went up to.In fairness to the LOG,they hardly left us in a perilous position following relegation (as some would suggest).They weren't responsible for the Jan signings-we actually made a profit that year,which would have been a lot higher without the Jan activity.

Whilst Jewell can be fully blamed for the following season's activity,I think it's a tad unfair to blame him for Jan.AP revealed that Jewell didn't want to spend in Jan (preferring to keep the powder dry until the close season) and that it was the new owners who wanted to create an impression.With Hulse becoming available,then there would have been no need for gambling on Tito.With clear thought,I also doubt he would have signed Sav (certainly not at the fee+wages he was given in Jan).For what it's worth,I think we should just have restricted ourselves to quality half season loans,just to give fans something to cheer,but without ongoing repercussions.

Suspect you'd be correct on Forest,if you're comparing like with like (ie Championship wages).

Archived