simon clough as chief scout?

RAMKING

sorry if this has already been talked about but what do we all think of this?

we are hunting for recruits DESPERATELY and we have a guy with no football experience atall and used to run a newsagents.

i really think we need someone with more knowledge than this.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are hunting for recruits DESPERATELY and we have a guy with no football experience atall and used to run a newsagents.

Why is that such a big deal. Brian Clough and Peter Taylor's chief scout used to run a Post Office.

whats your problem? its well know that clough has appointed his brother as chief scout.

Who has he signed thus far?

Why would anyone who made their career out of football appoint someone as chief scout, when all people with no football career think it's a stupid move?

He's a Clough, bought up on football.

Admittedly a surprise, but i doubt Clough would just appoint his brother, because he's his brother. Must have something about him.

Maybe he's the guy who spotted Bailey whilst watching Brayford, scouted Ben Davies etc..

Ramking's posts have been so confusing since the FA Cup loss...he doesn't even know what he thinks.

You watch, ridicule this first, read a few posts then all of a sudden he agree's it's not such a bad thing and then post about something completely different absolutely slating it...only to read a few more posts and change his f'kin mind again.

im not trying to ridicule clough atall. i am concerned about my clubs future, and i think this months january transfer window could be the most crucial in its history. we need players desperately or i can only see us going in one direction.

im not trying to ridicule clough atall. i am concerned about my clubs future, and i think this months january transfer window could be the most crucial in its history. we need players desperately or i can only see us going in one direction.

What was the point in posting this thread then?

I've read this post before under various usernames, try something fresh or just add to what is already here.

Can you explain why you think this is the most important transfer window in the clubs history??? I just cant think of any reason why you wouldd think that?

Mourinho was a translator, not gig a hang decent understanding if football from being around good managers.

Simon, as Nigel points out from the Guardian article spent a lot of years watching football with him and obviously their dad and Mr Taylor so the football experience would be there. Whether it us any good I have no idea but we have found a few young gems.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/nigel-clough-thickskinned-brutally-honest-who-does-he-take-after-2179645.html

Can you explain why you think this is the most important transfer window in the clubs history??? I just cant think of any reason why you wouldd think that?

commons could and will probably go, who do we replace him with?

we have one striker and he is not the most giftest of players.

we have one decent centre back.

a terrible goalkeeper.

confidence is massively low, we have got battered by forest and lost to a non-league team.

we need imo 6 new players, or we could really be in another relegation scrap. we have no money so we need to be especially careful on who our targets will be.

Mourinho was a translator, not gig a hang decent understanding if football from being around good managers.

Simon, as Nigel points out from the Guardian article spent a lot of years watching football with him and obviously their dad and Mr Taylor so the football experience would be there. Whether it us any good I have no idea but we have found a few young gems.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/nigel-clough-thickskinned-brutally-honest-who-does-he-take-after-2179645.html

thanks for that. interesting read.

commons could and will probably go, who do we replace him with? really? Cant see him leaving in jan! we have one striker and he is not the most giftest of players.ok, i think nige will bring a loan to cover this postion hey if there is a good deal out there he might bring in a perm

we have one decent centre back. disagree barker is one of the best on his day but has lost his form recently and does need a rest but addison and anderson are getting there fittness back so maybe another loan to cover these till end of season or until ours get back to full fitness but again no biggy

a terrible goalkeeper. kicking terrible, command of box terrible but shot stopping nothing wrong with it, if there is only a bit of money think there are other place's we need to improve before goalkeeper, but i would be very happy with fielding for rest of season

confidence is massively low, we have got battered by forest and lost to a non-league team. agree this is the time the club needs us fns more than ever!!! Get behind the team man!!!

we need imo 6 new players, or we could really be in another relegation scrap. We have no money so we need to be especially careful on who our targets will be. we have no money but need 6 players??? Fook it i'm off to support man city think you should join me!!!!

come on you rams

I don't see the problem, to become a scout you've got to be massively lucky and as Clough said he has watched thousands of games at all different levels, and for my money he has found some good products, specially for the fee's we have paid.

If you have enough time to watch games, it's easy to spot a good player.

In my younger days 4-5 years ago, I managed to watch around 100+ games a season from up and down the country, I mentioned a lot of players that have gone on to play in the premiership and championship, Roger Johnson and Chris Brunt being 2 of them.

I'm not sure I see the issue here.... we have dozens of people on these forums whose only football experience is watching Derby County quite happily stating who should and should not be playing for the club.

It stands to reason that a person that has been in and around the football world fort his entire life should be a scout.

Archived