luke moore to swansea

NorfolkRam

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brendan Rodgers has confirmed Swansea City are in talks to sign West Bromwich Albion striker Luke Moore in a bid to boost their Championship play-off push.

The ex-England under-21 international, a £3m signing from Aston Villa in 2008, has made one Premier League appearance for West Brom this term.

Moore has returned from a loan spell at Derby County where the 24-year-old scored four goals in nine starts.

Swans boss Rodgers admits: "There has been contact between us and West Brom."

The fourth-placed Swans are the lowest-scorers in the Championship's top eight and Rodgers has publically spoken of his desire to sign striking reinforcements.

The Swansea manager's attacking options are currently limited with on-loan Wales international Jermaine Easter presently leading the line with Stephen Dobbie, Craig Beattie and Gorka Pintado waiting in the wings.

But between them Swansea's mis-firing strikers have scored just eight times this season.

The Swans have been linked with moves for former Chelsea and Barcelona star Eidur Gudjohnsen, current Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge and Arsenal attacker Carlos Vela.

Winger Scott Sinclair is Swansea's 13-goal top-scorer this season but Rodgers demands a frontman to also score his share of goals to strengthen their promotion push.

And Rodgers has entered negotiations with West Brom in an attempt to sign Moore on a permanent deal.

"The chairman has been working very hard with Dan Ashworth, their sporting director, so there is a lot of discussions going on," said Rodgers.

"There is nothing finalised as of yet but he is obviously a player that I like. He has pace, power and the ability of score goals.

"He is still young at 24 and he is in prime asset age but it is still ongoing. If we were to take Luke, the agreement would be a permanent move."

Moore won the FA Youth Cup with Villa in 2002 before scoring 14 goals in his five years as a professional - including a Premier League hat-trick at Middlesbrough in February 2006.

Moore signed for Premier League new boys West Brom permanently in the summer of 2008 after a three-month loan spell at The Hawthorns.

But he scored just five goals in two seasons for the Baggies before being left out of West Brom's 25-man 2010/11 Premier League squad in September - and subsequently went out on loan to Championship Derby County.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9345233.stm

Luke Moore to Swansea?

In today's Times -said Swansea interested in signing Like Moore.We certainly won't if the fee is more than £1. If this is true when Porter & Davies get injured again, we won't have a striker. (I consider Bueno and Cypka to be attacking midfielders).

if the owners want to sell us at a profit, there needs to be at least some level of expectancy of success.

I imagine some supporters might see Luke Moore in quite a negative light since he stated he did not want to come back here on loan. I can hardly blame him. He wants to go to a team that wants him on a permanent basis.

A half decent striker, but I'd rather have kept DJ Campbell last season to be honest!

Thanks anyway kind sir! BTW is there anyway to change my name? As I am no longer a Newcastle resident. Ty!

PM me with a new name, and i'll change it. If you log in with your old name and it don't work, then you'll know that I've changed it.

Obviously, you'll have to re type the new one instead.

Archived