tramadol nights

Leeds Ram

but thing is most people can take it if they like his humor, people can rip me all day and i don't care

I'm suprised no-one went for a joke about how he worded that one! :D

I like Frankie, his job is to say what he's not supposed to and take the piss out of you as harshly as he can. In fairness the people who go to his shows know that he'll do it and don't mind. It's what they find funny.

Loved him on Mock The Week, think it was a bad decision for him to leave it. But I suppose if he was fed up of it it's up to him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems that Ofcom have been inundated with complaints since the show on Tuesday, in relation to the racial slurs used.

The first time I watched it was Tuesday and was a little shocked.

I think using racist terms brings the whole thing down a level.

Don't understand people that complain about TV programmes, when you sit down and stick Frankie Boyle on you know what you're going to get. If his humour is likely to offend you then don't watch, simple as that.

I sometimes wonder if people watch this programmes with a pen and notepad taking notes on what they can complain about.

Nah canna be arsed with those moaning gits. Remember when the moaners kicked up a fuss about the first gay kiss on Corrie was it? jeeees, turn yer TV off and listen to the wireless with the curtains shut, should be safe then.

2 words.

Greedy feckin tw@t

No, 3 words infact.

We're not on about Peter Kay (seriously, if you want to talk about arrogance, money-grabbing and joke-rehashing, turn to that idiot).

Frankie's an enigma for me. His outlook and message is an admirable one (and one I agree wholeheartedly with), either all of its ok or none of it is. That's a very important message in an era where freedom of the press is under scrutiny.

However, I fear he's become so wrapped up in this message, he's left a lot of his humour behind and gone for all-out offensiveness. Put it this way, on Mock the Week you always saw him as the cheeky lad who told some pretty dark jokes, pushing the boundaries. On Tramadol Nights, funny as a lot of it is, all I see is a bitter bloke on stage ripping everyone left, right and centre. He never seems to have a smile on his face, which he did have on Mock the Week (and on his earlier tours).

Like I say his message is admirable, but South Park have promoted and delivered that same message with a much greater and finer degree of satire (see their take on the whole Prophet Muhammed debacle and Scientology).

If you're going to promote the message of "everything should be ok to make humorous or nothing should", make sure there's humour in there as opposed to just an all-out attack

It seems that Ofcom have been inundated with complaints since the show on Tuesday, in relation to the racial slurs used.

The first time I watched it was Tuesday and was a little shocked.

I think using racist terms brings the whole thing down a level.

Ch4 had a warning before the programme that it may cause offence. The context of the racist terms he used was actually highlighting racism as a bad thing.

My only complaint would be that it was'nt particularly funny.

Might not appeal to Mail readers or Sun columnists...:D

I think frankie boyle is losing the plot, he has the potential to be funny but a lot of this show is just based on rants, that aren't very funny.

He has to say and act this way, otherwise he isn't funny enough to make a career out of his tasteful jokes.

I'm not a PC person believe me, but even with the darkest of jokes.. it has to be funny, a lot of this show is based on people reacting in shock, rather than laughs.

ofcom received 600 complaints from almost one million viewers so actually not that many people complained, not even 1%

Only tw@ts complain, others just turn over or don't turn on. 1 million? wonder how many thought "i'm not watchin that *****"?

• 2 weeks later...
We're not on about Peter Kay (seriously, if you want to talk about arrogance, money-grabbing and joke-rehashing, turn to that idiot).

Frankie's an enigma for me. His outlook and message is an admirable one (and one I agree wholeheartedly with), either all of its ok or none of it is. That's a very important message in an era where freedom of the press is under scrutiny.

However, I fear he's become so wrapped up in this message, he's left a lot of his humour behind and gone for all-out offensiveness. Put it this way, on Mock the Week you always saw him as the cheeky lad who told some pretty dark jokes, pushing the boundaries. On Tramadol Nights, funny as a lot of it is, all I see is a bitter bloke on stage ripping everyone left, right and centre. He never seems to have a smile on his face, which he did have on Mock the Week (and on his earlier tours).

Like I say his message is admirable, but South Park have promoted and delivered that same message with a much greater and finer degree of satire (see their take on the whole Prophet Muhammed debacle and Scientology).

If you're going to promote the message of "everything should be ok to make humorous or nothing should", make sure there's humour in there as opposed to just an all-out attack

Absolutely spot on!

I used to find him funny but now his got a stage all he seems to do is rant, and the sketches he does are proper piss poor.

the sketches he does are proper piss poor.

I'd say that they range from the genius to p1ss poor. Some of them are brilliant, others barely make sense. I don't think he's really cut out for sketches. His standup? Well you know what to expect so you either like that kind of thing or you don't.

I find him too offensive.Im not a pc person by far but there is a limit and I find that he exceeds it.He is a talented bloke but he obviously has issues.Still there is no need to be as offensive as him.

Someone will chin him soon,now that will be funny.

Archived