Maths puzzle

dabber

Concerning signing Commons or finding a replacement...

Maybe I am missing something but…

Signing Commons for 3 years at 15K per week = 2,340,000

Signing Commons for 3 years at 10K per week = 1,560,000

New signing for 2M + 3 years at 7K per week = 3,092,000

Hence and therefore...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Concerning signing Commons or finding a replacement...

Maybe I am missing something but…

Signing Commons for 3 years at 15K per week = 2,340,000

Signing Commons for 3 years at 10K per week = 1,560,000

New signing for 2M + 3 years at 7K per week = 3,092,000

Hence and therefore...

Not sure what the point of this is but let's be a little more realistic shall we.

Signing Commons for 3 years at 15K per week plus signing on bonus plus agents fees plus yearly wage rise plus bonuses = 4,200,000

Signing Commons for 3 years at 20K per week plus signing on bonus plus agents fees plus yearly wage rise plus bonuses = 5,200,000

New signing for 2M + 3 years at 7K per week plus fees plus bonuses plus rises = 4,400,000

We do not know the ins and outs though, It could be that Commons is just not listening to any offers and wants to see his options first. Lets face it as a Forest fan he soon jumped ship and came to Derby he certainly is not going to have any more loyalty to us!!

Personally I do not think he will be a Derby player next season and I do not believe there is a thing the club can do to stop that. That is just my humble opinion.

he is on 15k a week already and wants a bit more, I would be happy to pay him 20k a week because he is our best permament player, also if you pay a fee of 2 million quid they will want a lot more wages than 7 k

I can tell you for certain that Commons isn't on 15k a week. He started off at Derby on 8k a week. That was raised to 10k a week after 12 months, which is the level he has been getting ever since.

My source? A friend's, Nan's, bingo caller's, son in law's, Tango man's, Tango deliverer....who infact is Tom Glick :rolleyes:

Nah, this comes directly from a senior position in the offices at Pride Park.

Wouldn't the gap left by Commons be filled by Stephen Davies? if he gets fit, surely that'd save the board some money, means they don't have to bring someone in to replace him, if we do end up signing Green (heard nothing about it yet)

Cwyka Green and Davies will be our attacking three next year.

I can tell you for certain that Commons isn't on 15k a week. He started off at Derby on 8k a week. That was raised to 10k a week after 12 months, which is the level he has been getting ever since.

My source? A friend's, Nan's, bingo caller's, son in law's, Tango man's, Tango deliverer....who infact is Tom Glick :rolleyes:

Nah, this comes directly from a senior position in the offices at Pride Park.

This bears out what I have heard, KC and his agent have asked for 12k a week and are awaiting a response from the club, also Martin Paterson will come to us in January.

Rubbish this if you will, but I can tell you it came from well within the club.

In response to mcsilks who wrote:

"Not sure what the point of this is but let's be a little more realistic shall we.

Signing Commons for 3 years at 15K per week plus signing on bonus plus agents fees plus yearly wage rise plus bonuses = 4,200,000

Signing Commons for 3 years at 20K per week plus signing on bonus plus agents fees plus yearly wage rise plus bonuses = 5,200,000

New signing for 2M + 3 years at 7K per week plus fees plus bonuses plus rises = 4,400,000"

My point was to illustrate that it might actually be cheaper to re-sign Commons than go for the "cheaper option". Plus everyone seems to agree that Commons on his day is perhaps the best player in the Champs and w/o him we are significantly less of a threat. So if re-signing him is at worst as expensive as the new "chepaer" option it seems a no-brainer to me. Sure it may be outside the wage structure but if the bottom line is money then it strikes me the board would be no better off financially if they let Commons go and replaced him with a player of similar potential.

Incidentally where did you get your signing bonus & agent fees numbers from?

Others may be correct that Davies would be the replacement for Commons, but if he breaks down again he is done, and I am sure that it is not Nigel's plan and steady improvement is his goal and I think after where he has taken us so far he would not tolerate being handcuffed from taking us further forward.

Regardless of whose fault it is that Commons has not signed yet, does anyone ales think it is significant that our current run of poor results coincides almost perfectly with the first news we had that contract negotiations were not going smoothly?

Now, I think we have had a few bad breaks recently and the lads have perhaps played better than results suggest, but to a degree you make your own luck and the Commons situation cannot help but disrupt the team a little.

I think we need to get it sorted either way. Sign him before the year is out or sell him in January. Although I would prefer us to sign him, I am really not that bothered which way it goes as the team is far more important than any one player.

If Commons leaves us, it'll be a travesty and we'll be a nothing team.

He's now a goalscorer, he's pretty much fit, he's running games and with a good striker up-front, I think we'd still be top 6.

I think the one issue is that if we agree to his demands, it sets a precedent.

Let Commons go and we'll be faced with either the need to spend £2 Million on a new signing to replace him, and I reckon gates would drop by a 1000 which also means £20k reduction in gate fees every two weeks. Its common sense surely.

Incidentally where did you get your signing bonus & agent fees numbers from?

Football Manager :)

But they do exist and we have to pay them. My figures, while not exact, are more likley closer to the mark than yours as you included only the players wages.

tbh if commons goes what do we have? davies is no replacement for commons and he won't be replaced by a replacement up to his skill mark. If he goes it sets a precedent and shows the club isn't ambitious enought o keep it's best players. I hope davies leaves in the summer because he is always injured and a waste

If Commons leaves us, it'll be a travesty and we'll be a nothing team.

He's now a goalscorer, he's pretty much fit, he's running games and with a good striker up-front, I think we'd still be top 6.

I think the one issue is that if we agree to his demands, it sets a precedent.

Let Commons go and we'll be faced with either the need to spend £2 Million on a new signing to replace him, and I reckon gates would drop by a 1000 which also means £20k reduction in gate fees every two weeks. Its common sense surely.

Sorry but that sounds a tad panic strickem and i take issue that we're a nothing team without him too. Yes he's a good little fella to have when on form but to suggest the changes already made by NC are "nothing" is wide of the mark. If Commons does go NC will have to find another player as if he doesnt the take up on season ticket sales next year will probably be lower again with us all having seen a fair few "good" players leaving us. The one thing the yanks do respect is money and if they see theyre going to start losing it something would have to break.

Archived