Xmas dinner

Neo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We normally do a turkey, beef and pork but tbh turkey is a bit dull, so next year (we're going to in laws this year) I think I might have a crack at doing a goose. Never done one before but apparantley they're supposed to have a far better taste than turkey.

I do all the trimmings, make the gravy with the neck and giblets, a few other bits and it's yum.

We're not huge fans of christmas pud, so I do a pud called Rocky Road by the fab Nigella Lawson. It takes 10 mins to mix then bung it in the fridge to set, cut into squares, dust with icing sugar and stack it up. It looks great, tastes great and it's so easy to do it's funny. If anybody wants the recipe, let me know and I'll post it but it does contain nuts.

Full Turkey dinner - all the trimmings, always used to go to the out laws, now we've inherited the job.

Me & the missus, Daughter, Son-in-Law, grandaughter and Mother-in-law.

If we're really organised and prepared, the Son-in-law and I will escape to the local for an hour, just to whet the appetite, in time to sit down to the feast.

Must admit, trig's boxing day meal sounds good though.

Would you swap it for being at PP v Donny Trig? Wrapped up warm, hip flask at the ready.............!

Sister, BIL, niece and nephew round at ours for the usual turkey and trimmings.

STILL don't know if I like christmas pudding or not - have to try it every year - not convinced.

Match on Boxing Day - then round to sisters for tea.

I know for some people Christmas is a stressful time, but I miss my mum and dad not being here and I feel for my kids not having grandparents around. Still, I'll have a sherry for my mum, and a bottle of wine for my dad. :D

Aw, that's nice mrs - we always time time out of all the merriment to think of loved ones no longer with us too. Christmas can't be fun for a lot of folk.

But help people - we're at my in laws for dinner, where there will be a feast fit for a king, and then we're at my parents for tea where they'll be another mahooosive spread and we don't want to offend my olds by hardly eating anything cos we're so stuffed from dinner...what shall I say?

I was always taught as a kid to finish what's put in front of me and not to waste food. Aw, am gonna end up with an arse as big as Brazil at this rate :eek:

Full Turkey dinner - all the trimmings, always used to go to the out laws, now we've inherited the job.

Me & the missus, Daughter, Son-in-Law, grandaughter and Mother-in-law.

If we're really organised and prepared, the Son-in-law and I will escape to the local for an hour, just to whet the appetite, in time to sit down to the feast.

Must admit, trig's boxing day meal sounds good though.

Would you swap it for being at PP v Donny Trig? Wrapped up warm, hip flask at the ready.............!

now let me think-???? no!

beef, turkey with all the trimmings, home made gravya nd goose fat roast potatoes, my frandad comes over first tiem my nan won't be here but will still be good. Everyone having a drink and listening to christmas songs will be good and wioth a giant christmas pudding at the end. :D

Archived