Martin Paterson - Burnley

HAZ

can't edit the above post, was just going to say how long are we going to accept this from our board. I did say that if we let commons go for free at the end of the season, I would cut all ties with Derby County FC until the board was removed!

every summer we've been told we're going to bring in some big faces and we're going to improve, ultimately means we end up selling and gambling with the loan market!

Last season when they said 'we'll bring in some big signings' at the end of the year which they mentioned along side with season ticket renewals, i said I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and was willing to wait on who we signed before I got my season ticket, as it was.. he sold Hulse and started the season with our only other out and out striker injured.. so much for Hooper/Sharp, this board is full of ********, I actually think they're dragging Glick along with him and using him as a scape goat.. as everyone knows it is NOT his job to invest in the team, he is the PR figure head for the board.. and he seems to take most of the flack, not the 5-6 billionnaires that are doing very little for this club!

Clough says "we may have to pay extra to keep him...."

Maybe, Commons has told the club he wants to wait and see what other offers he gets in January/ Early summer before deciding to sign or not. It is a crucial contract for KC at his age and maybe his last chance for a big payday.

If KC doesnt get any better offers for January he signs.

Some could say "wait until the summer and we will pay you this much" or some could come in May and June and say we will apy you X amount.

KC then goes to Nigel and says "I've been offerd this much is there anything else on the table from DCFC" then the club could raise there deal to match or better ( or at least to the highest they can). (thats the bit about paying a bit extra and waiting until the summer)

This way the club doesnt offer any extra for no reason -clubs may not offer more than us for a player who has question marks over his application except in his last year of a contract and has only had one really good season in the apst 3 - and it also gives KC a chance to justify his wage demands by backing them up with offers from other clubs.

If KC really wants to stay and loves it as much as he claims if the club match an offer he will stay, he might even stay if they offer him a bit less weekly with bonusses

Maybe not as cut and dried as lack of ambition by the board, could be a good way of negotiating on known quanttities rather than specualtion of how many clubs want KC and how much they are willing to pay him.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only if we dont have the money in the kitty to match it.

We lose Savages 15k a week off the wage bill this year, hopefully Varney too. Croft may also get shipped out soon (hes still got 18months on his contract) so with those wages saved then the club could offer Commons a substantial increase and still trim the wage bill.

Commons agent will also know this and know what money might be saved by the club so will be pushing for as much an increase as possible

the club is keeping tightlipped on its finances and talk of cost cutting has ebbed away of late.

tbh if we let commons go because of wages it will be disastorous for the team, he has contributed more goals than anyone else and without him and bueno which will happen enxt year unless we keep commons we look a distinctly average team. There will be more rubbish about big name signings on the way which won't happen come the end of the season.

tbh if we let commons go because of wages it will be disastorous for the team, he has contributed more goals than anyone else and without him and bueno which will happen enxt year unless we keep commons we look a distinctly average team. There will be more rubbish about big name signings on the way which won't happen come the end of the season.

It is only Decemeber and we are already getting doom and gloom for next season.:rolleyes:

I wonder where this Paterson rumour came from then? It's an odd one for somebody in the media to just make up, maybe a disgruntled Burnley fan? They love him there. I hope this rumour has turned Cloughs eye though, if he is telling the truth that the rumour is nonsense that is...

I've also heard one about Parkin at Preston...both would be a master stroke in my opinion, they'd add a lot to the team and if we could sign both, would almost ensure a play off spot. Paterson is that good a player in my eyes and Parkin would help some forget about Kuqi.

As for Commons, the guy still talks to the radio guys, still implies he'd like to sign and wants it done ASAP, if that is all lies then i'd hate to be him when he signs for Wigan, they get relegated and we go up. :D. Don't forget though, all the teams he 'could' sign for are in the relegation zone..maybe QPR would be a likely team for him?

I honestly believe he'll stay though, he's from the surrounding area's, imagine being hated in all of Notts and Derbyshire, would make life difficult for him. All those previous comments about Commons and Clough falling out are nonsense, they are great together, it's no surprise to me Commons is playing well under Clough because they have a lot of respect for each other. If Commons really was a Forest fan as a youngster, Clough was undoubtedly one of his heroes.

I think it's worth making Commons our star wage man (For want of a better phrase)

He's in the best form of his life, is only gonna get better, has proved his fitness and clearly wants to stay.

As mentioned, we're gonna be saving money on wages, so why not buck his up a bit?

I think it's worth making Commons our star wage man (For want of a better phrase)

He's in the best form of his life, is only gonna get better, has proved his fitness and clearly wants to stay.

As mentioned, we're gonna be saving money on wages, so why not buck his up a bit?

I think he'll sign.....there is no way Clough would say he'd let it go all the way up til the summer, with the chance we might not get a penny. He's shown this with Hulse.

I'm glad we aren't going around giving out silly contracts anyway, it's what got us in the mess in the first place....it's about time this club negotiated properly and kept within a budget.

I think he'll sign.....there is no way Clough would say he'd let it go all the way up til the summer, with the chance we might not get a penny. He's shown this with Hulse.

I'm glad we aren't going around giving out silly contracts anyway, it's what got us in the mess in the first place....it's about time this club negotiated properly and kept within a budget.

Yeh, I like how Clough likes to be in the power position.

Hate it when players just think they can get what they want.

I wonder where this Paterson rumour came from then? It's an odd one for somebody in the media to just make up, maybe a disgruntled Burnley fan? They love him there. I hope this rumour has turned Cloughs eye though, if he is telling the truth that the rumour is nonsense that is...

I've also heard one about Parkin at Preston...both would be a master stroke in my opinion, they'd add a lot to the team and if we could sign both, would almost ensure a play off spot. Paterson is that good a player in my eyes and Parkin would help some forget about Kuqi.

As for Commons, the guy still talks to the radio guys, still implies he'd like to sign and wants it done ASAP, if that is all lies then i'd hate to be him when he signs for Wigan, they get relegated and we go up. :D. Don't forget though, all the teams he 'could' sign for are in the relegation zone..maybe QPR would be a likely team for him?

I honestly believe he'll stay though, he's from the surrounding area's, imagine being hated in all of Notts and Derbyshire, would make life difficult for him. All those previous comments about Commons and Clough falling out are nonsense, they are great together, it's no surprise to me Commons is playing well under Clough because they have a lot of respect for each other. If Commons really was a Forest fan as a youngster, Clough was undoubtedly one of his heroes.

I read the interview he gave and i might be wrong but i disnt see him denying it just saying it was the first he had heard of us being linked etc etc etc

Baggsies Le Fondre and eeeerrr Messi as a outside bet!!!!!

I want Commons to sign I really do but look at his history he has the knack of just walking away and I think he will do the same here I dont want that to happen but I think he will!

Think he will be at Leicester or QPR next season :frown: oh I will have that rumour as well!!!!!

Baggsies Le Fondre and eeeerrr Messi as a outside bet!!!!!

I want Commons to sign I really do but look at his history he has the knack of just walking away and I think he will do the same here I dont want that to happen but I think he will!

Think he will be at Leicester or QPR next season :frown: oh I will have that rumour as well!!!!!

I already bagsied QPR madame!

Think he'll stay though.

Crappy poet :rolleyes:

Alex Wummer is a bummer

making up a rumour-

how dare you question poetry

thats written with such humour?

Your journalistic brilliance

will no doubt one day gel

and when you're writing for the Guardian

I'll be the first to tell

that you started on this forum