pick 3 players to go

trigger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some very poor choices, to be honest to take into account money then my 3 would be varney, pearson and savage! I believe all 3 of them to be on 10k or more.

also how bywater, leacock and barker have made this list is beyond me! some people have even damned Davies and Porter albeit injury prone, they're still 2 of the most talented players in the squad imo.

We've not got the quality in the squad to replace either of Barker and Leacock. Sure, Addison might knock one of them out the side but even then their still offering something. The day we sell players like Barker or Leacock for performance reasons is surely a day when we're an established PL side. If these players aren't even good enough for cover then we'll of come a very long way indeed.

As for Barker..... he hasn't become a poor player over a few months. If theres a problem then it needs sorting. We've seen what he's capable of, now we just need him to reproduce it.

For me;

Pearson - outdated.

Croft - just not working.

Varney - best for both parties. Probably good enough, but it's just not meant to be.

i'm not suggesting it but Anderson and Brayford might actually be the best combination at the back....altho I'm beginning to get fed up of Anderson's fitness problems.

Apart from Burnley, Brayford has been outstanding at CB.

Can't imagine him dozing off at the wheel like Deano.

oh yeah...Three players

Buxton

Croft

Porter

All crocked or crap.

i'm not suggesting it but Anderson and Brayford might actually be the best combination at the back....altho I'm beginning to get fed up of Anderson's fitness problems.

Apart from Burnley, Brayford has been outstanding at CB.

Can't imagine him dozing off at the wheel like Deano.

oh yeah...Three players

Buxton

Croft

Porter

All crocked or crap.

or both....

Wouldn't call Porter crap, I hate to be the one to say it but his goalscoring record in an injury plagued time with us is good to incredible.

Buxton isn't crap, I'd say limited. Definately has a place here though as he is the sort of guy you would want alongside you in a scrappy game.

Wouldn't call Porter crap, I hate to be the one to say it but his goalscoring record in an injury plagued time with us is good to incredible.

Buxton isn't crap, I'd say limited. Definately has a place here though as he is the sort of guy you would want alongside you in a scrappy game.

....if you were in league 1.:)

PEARSON. Is he a blood relation of Nige's or what, how else does he get in the team? Would be better as a stand in baby giraffe at Twycross Zoo.

ROBERTS. Why oh why did Nige drop Moxey, for a small bald man with no pace...answers on a postcard please.

SAVAGE. Should go full time on 606.Surely we have got someone else who can run for 90, but a bit quicker. Produces the odd great pass, but more wayward ones unfortunately. Masters football beckons i think. :cool:

Brayford does look very strong at CB.

You really think Buxton is crap? Why?

He looked solid in our nice run last season. Bit scrappy and probably not suited to partner Barker (too much alike in style and not really into the passing game) but he's a tough defender. Commits to everything. Remember him giving away a clumsy penalty vs Doncaster (i think) and then that was it. Gone. Leacock can be clumsy as anyone. Just though although Buxton doesn't LOOK like Championship level but his performances have had more of a good effect than a bad one imo.

Wasn't it Buxton and Barker vs Brum in the Cup last season? They were brilliant. Barker covered him a lot. Barker did more than his fair share, i thought it was a bit unfair on Barker to have that much responsibilty..... but i'd rather see that than the partnership him and Leacock have. Him and Leacock have plenty of strength, but they do sometimes get it all so wrong positionally.

I'll do seven. Because I can.

Primarily:

Varney - It's gonna happen.

Croft - It's gonna happen.

Martin - Nothing against him. But he's not gonna get a shot here so I wish him all the best at another club.

Pearson - Zero to offer.

Secondary:

Anderson - Not for me.

Porter/Davies - For obvious reasons.

Pringle - On loan somewhere for experience.

Ps. Gareth Roberts.

Pps. Because he's ****.

Pringle - On loan somewhere for experience.

Glad someone agrees.

I think Clough might have been inclined to do that if we'd had more players. The same applies to Doyle. I don't think we've seen either of them in their true colours yet, and we probably won't unless they get development time somewhere.

Pringle's experiences of first-team football have been limited to the last 10 minutes of decent wins and large chunks of difficult away games in a side that lacks confidence. Although they look a tad iffy at times, neither of them have looked spectacularly out of depth, which must say something about them, surely?

I must admit I don't really care much for the reserve side and I'd like to see more of our players going out on loan, the likes of Doyle and Pringle as mentioned would benefit from it, I think Ball and O'brien would be better off in leagues 1 or 2 somewhere gaining experience, alot of the youth players would do well to get game time else where, I don't rate reserve or youth games at all to be honest.

Glad someone agrees.

I think Clough might have been inclined to do that if we'd had more players. The same applies to Doyle. I don't think we've seen either of them in their true colours yet, and we probably won't unless they get development time somewhere.

Pringle's experiences of first-team football have been limited to the last 10 minutes of decent wins and large chunks of difficult away games in a side that lacks confidence. Although they look a tad iffy at times, neither of them have looked spectacularly out of depth, which must say something about them, surely?

Couldn't agree more!

Glad someone agrees.

Top post.

On Conor Doyle - he has just been called up to America's U20 traingin squad for aweek from Sunday. CLough's words about in in hte interview

"We are a bit disappointed we have not got him on in more first-team games recently but it has just not been the right time in games,"

"Conor is another one we are looking at to come through next season.

"We have seen him progress since he has been here.

"Some people might have watched him in the Reserves but he is better with better players.

"When you see him in training with the first team he does not look out of place and that is a big thing.

"Sometimes it is difficult to shine in the Reserves but he still has to get that game time."

Archived