students dilemma

Dangerous

Don't be fooled this ain't a lib dem shafting.

The Tories have shafted the lib dems. They got them to sign up to a coalition on the back of voting reform and now the lib dens are too scared to revolt against the Tories for fear if breaking the Party.

If they break the coallition then bith parties lose credibility. And they get blamed for bringing a government down. Could be left with a general election and a Tory majority.

If they stuck with it and it doesnt wirk they lose credibility.

Their only hope is to keep the coalition together and hope things get better in the economy early enough to give voters enough time to think that "the cislliyion actually worked". If this happens then they fain credibility as being part of the coalition that saved the Economy. More chance of gaining votes from Labour at the next election.

5 years is a long time. Public opinion can swing many ways in that time.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone laughed at hitler but he took over germany within 10 years, circumstances bit different but genral discontent i can lead the country brilliantly, i will go down in history as the man who restored faith into politicians ( not endorsing what hitler did or said or what he stood for but he did gain power)

Don't be fooled this ain't a lib dem shafting.

The Tories have shafted the lib dems. They got them to sign up to a coalition on the back of voting reform and now the lib dens are too scared to revolt against the Tories for fear if breaking the Party.

If they break the coallition then bith parties lose credibility. And they get blamed for bringing a government down. Could be left with a general election and a Tory majority.

If they stuck with it and it doesnt wirk they lose credibility.

Their only hope is to keep the coalition together and hope things get better in the economy early enough to give voters enough time to think that "the cislliyion actually worked". If this happens then they fain credibility as being part of the coalition that saved the Economy. More chance of gaining votes from Labour at the next election.

5 years is a long time. Public opinion can swing many ways in that time.

the lib dems could have made this a sticking point when negotiations started but didn't, so technically it's a bit of both. They made a pledge, that pledge wasn't on condition of getting into power or being a coalition so they should stick to it.

He likened himself to Hitler.............EVERYBODY FLEE!!! :eek:

For gods sake, trip one of the members up, the rest of us can escape while he gets torn to pieces!

Boycie! YR wants a word!

*Runs away*

just to be clear i wasn't likenign myself to hitler if i did i would ahve to put myself in a concentration camp, i'm just saying people can gain power quickly

just to be clear i wasn't likenign myself to hitler if i did i would ahve to put myself in a concentration camp, i'm just saying people can gain power quickly

I know, I was busy being humorous.......

And that's very true. You might as wel go for it, you only live once eh :cool:

Archived