students dilemma

Dangerous

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
apparently they are going to "protest" again next week because nobody is listening to them.

What a dilemma,study or wreak havoc again.

I suggest we put the fees up even more to cover the cost of the destruction,graffiti and police costs etc they have incurred.

Allow them to do a mass protest rally in the Shitty Ground, fill the place to the brim with concrete; two birds with one stone.

A protest is one thing - and Clegg has shat on them from a great height, but is it really necessary to morph into hooligans and smash stuff up?

What's the point?

the future of tomorrow????

35..us/img35/5826/studentn

A TEENAGER who gave cops "the finger" during student rioting in London should have been at a JOB interview.

Ollie Moore, 17, struck the one-digit pose wearing a police helmet and with a twisted sneer of contempt on his face.

He was photographed standing in front of a smashed-up police van amid waves of snarling protesters during clashes in Whitehall.

But far from being there to oppose tuition fee hikes, the smartly-dressed teen had gone to the capital from his parents' Surrey home to try and get his first proper employment.

And last night Moore, who denied being a yob, whimpered: "My mum went crazy at me when she saw it in the papers - and I don't think I've done my job prospects much good."

Scotland Yard wanted to speak to him about exactly what he was doing when the van was wrecked.

Several demonstrators seen wearing police gear rifled from the ransacked vehicle were arrested at the scene during Wednesday's violence. As a major clear-up to repair damage got underway yesterday, Moore told a pal: "I didn't even know the protest was due to take place. You can see I was wearing a smart shirt for my interview.

"I was on my own and just joined up with the crowd. I saw a police riot helmet on the ground and put it on to give the cameramen a picture."

As well as being in the doghouse with his mum, he admitted his girlfriend was "not too happy" with him.

Last night a friend said: "No one can believe what an idiot Ollie has been."

Ollie, who left Thamesmead School in Shepperton, Surrey, aged 16, did work experience at skateboard street-wear shop Natterjacks in nearby Kingston last year.

One former colleague said: "He was never any bother and certainly did not seem the violent type."

Meanwhile more than 30 students who occupied Oxford University's iconic Radcliffe Camera building in the row over tuition fees were still refusing to leave last night. Cops said arresting them would be "a last resort".

The inexperience or freedom of youth ladyram?

The freedom to challenge and protest and demand a better, fairer world without the worry of responsibilities, losing your job, home, kids etc.

This particular one does indeed look a prize prat but, in general, if the young don't complain about the way the world is heading who will? Certainly not us old farts who have too much to lose to risk helping others.

I was being flippant.I would of course charge each and every individual involved in the trouble,and kick them out of their respective seat of learning.

Fair enough, not that I disagree. These idiots need punishing. Anything like that happened at football and those involved would be looking at hefty jail terms.

Don't know what's heppening with me post on this here thread, when I hit the submit button, it's coming up something about a security notice? Can anyone help here??

The inexperience or freedom of youth ladyram?

The freedom to challenge and protest and demand a better, fairer world without the worry of responsibilities, losing your job, home, kids etc.

This particular one does indeed look a prize prat but, in general, if the young don't complain about the way the world is heading who will? Certainly not us old farts who have too much to lose to risk helping others.

I wish the students the best of luck in their protests. The suits might change their minds but I doubt it.

What I mean is, he could have got his interview done first, got that sorted along with hopefully, some cash in his back pocket and then joined in if he wanted.

I'm all for getting a job and hanging onto it but then I have responsibilities, he doesn't. Good luck to him.

I think it's just sorted itself out ta Daveo...my post came up blocked because of a security thing or something, not sure what it was but all appears fine now.

my opinion is those involved in trouble should be arrested and be dealt with to the full extent of the law, however I believe it is a good thing that such numbers are protesting and peacefully. After this rise we will ahve the highest student fees in the developed world, the governemnt are cutting higher education spending by 80% there not just cutting it they are taking an axe and hacking off the potential future, then they claim because of this universities will do better with less money? The student fee's are going to cover the gap in spending according to the condem governemnt but how are they if the fees are being paid off slowly and with ease, they take 9% of your annual earnings when you earn 21,000 or more. It's a disgrace and if they do it the Liberal Democrats will be no more.

my opinion is those involved in trouble should be arrested and be dealt with to the full extent of the law, however I believe it is a good thing that such numbers are protesting and peacefully. After this rise we will ahve the highest student fees in the developed world, the governemnt are cutting higher education spending by 80% there not just cutting it they are taking an axe and hacking off the potential future, then they claim because of this universities will do better with less money? The student fee's are going to cover the gap in spending according to the condem governemnt but how are they if the fees are being paid off slowly and with ease, they take 9% of your annual earnings when you earn 21,000 or more. It's a disgrace and if they do it the Liberal Democrats will be no more.

I'm all for it, will weed out these ******* studying token degrees.

I'm all for it, will weed out these ******* studying token degrees.

Agreed.

£3.5k p/a for three years is a cheap way to avoid work for three years doing a mickey mouse degree. At £9k, it will mean serious consideration, and students will be asking themselves "do I really want to do this?"

Agreed.

£3.5k p/a for three years is a cheap way to avoid work for three years doing a mickey mouse degree. At £9k, it will mean serious consideration, and students will be asking themselves "do I really want to do this?"

And those who want a serious degree, want to study and want to get a decent career out of it (as well as enjoy the experience) have to be lumbered with £30,000+ of debt as a result? Not at all a fair policy.

As for those involved in violence, many people don't seem to mention the 30,000-50,000 who demonstrated peacefully three weeks ago, last week and today. It only takes a few utter d*ckheads to spoil it for the rest of the students in this country, who are seriously worried about the levels of debt they will leave university with.

As for Clegg, don't get me started.

And those who want a serious degree, want to study and want to get a decent career out of it (as well as enjoy the experience) have to be lumbered with £30,000+ of debt as a result? Not at all a fair policy.

As for those involved in violence, many people don't seem to mention the 30,000-50,000 who demonstrated peacefully three weeks ago, last week and today. It only takes a few utter d*ckheads to spoil it for the rest of the students in this country, who are seriously worried about the levels of debt they will leave university with.

As for Clegg, don't get me started.

The way I see it, yes, it's £30k of debt. But with a serious degree and hard work, you will end up in a job and earn the extra anyway.

Archived