DCFC Brain Teaser #5

48 hours

Yahoo! - well done Dirigible ...

Mart Poom may be the only goalkeeper to have a beer named after him. Poominator Ale is thought to derive from commentary by Simon Crabtree on Metro Radio in the north-east after Poom equalised in the last minute of Sunderland's Championship game against Derby at Pride Park in September 2003. The words, "It's the Poominator. He'll be back" appear to have inspired one listener to brew the beer. "I don't drink beer," Poom said, "but it was a nice gesture and meant I had some presents for my friends."

I brewed 4 gallons of 'Ram Lager' earlier in the summer - absolutely superb (and I'm not a lager drinker really, but 1056 OG fermented down to 1006 = 6.55% alcohol = too strong for the missus).

The Poom beer was from Darwin Brewery - keep your eye open for their beers because they are utterly fantastic. "Killer Bee" is a quite wonderful honey beer but a bit too strong for a session, and "Penshaws" is a nice fruity sipping beer.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul Williams was called 'Josie' because he ran with his hands open like the Brazillian footballer Josimar.

...True story.

Now you mention it - I see where you are coming from with the hands !

A real Fans favourite, and a local (Burton) lad to boot ..

Now you mention it - I see where you are coming from with the hands !

A real Fans favourite, and a local (Burton) lad to boot ..

1: Paul Williams is a ______, fill in the blank. Bonus points for answering which team he played for when he was substituted after a barrage of abuse from the home support at Pride Park, also picking up a yellow card showing his frustration.

2: Derby v Forest, which Forest player deserved a red card after breaking which Derby players nose after a player from each team had already been sent off. Bonus points for naming the players who were sent off.

3: Which former Derby player is now assistant manager of which national side.

4: Who was the player signed after the first part of question 3.

5: Who scored Derby's goal against Cremonese in the final of the Anglo Italian cup.

Sorry, i just got in the mood for asking questions after the Paul Williams comment.

1: Paul Williams is a __W1nker____, fill in the blank. Bonus points for answering which team he played for when he was substituted after a barrage of abuse from the home support at Pride Park, also picking up a yellow card showing his frustration.

Coventry

2: Derby v Forest, which Forest player deserved a red card after breaking which Derby players nose after a player from each team had already been sent off. Bonus points for naming the players who were sent off.

thinking....

3: Which former Derby player is now assistant manager of which national side.

asanovic at Croatia

4: Who was the player signed after the first part of question 3.

?

5: Who scored Derby's goal against Cremonese in the final of the Anglo Italian cup.

Marco Gabbiadini

Sorry, i just got in the mood for asking questions after the Paul Williams comment.

still thinking

2. Wasn't this when that wkr Van Hoojdonk smashed Borbokis in the face?

Russell Hoult was sent off. For a professional foul? remember him in his Porsche stuck in all the football traffic.Didn't we start picking Poom after that.

Archived