Mansfield Town FC - Applying for the job?

Alex W

Ah well, Youth team coaching it is for now then :cool:

Oh no it isn't....

From today's Kettering Evening Telegraph:

"TheDuracellBunny is set for a baptism of fire in to football management after winning the vacant first-team manager position at Kettering Town. While some question the timing, and indeed the sanity, of such an audacious decision from the board, the Poppies Chairman Terry Bull has defended his decision.

"Yes, his lack of experience in football - or, infact, at the age of 16, anything at all - might be worrying for some. But Duracell lasts longer. Where others might fall, we're let to believe he just keeps going on, and on, and he's unique in that."

The young gentleman himself is highly optimistic that he can turn the club's fortunes around after a dismal run that has included 11 defeats in their past 9 games.

"It's a huge task, but I'm relishing the challenge. I understand the job in hand and it's my job to take it by the scruff of the neck. With my experiences on Manager Mode on Fifa, I believe I am capable of recruiting a talented set of players from the continent and create playing style akin to my great Derby County and Northampton Town sides on Fifas 09 & 10 respectively."

The first task for Duracell is to recruit a right-hand man. Sources close to the battery-powered rabit suggest that he is keen for a similarly young, fiery young man to join him, albeit it with experience on a computer game such as Football Manager."

Wanna join me? We could be like Clough and Taylor.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no it isn't....

"TheDuracellBunny is set for a baptism of fire in to football management after winning the vacant first-team manager position at Kettering Town. While some question the timing, and indeed the sanity, of such an audacious decision from the board, the Poppies Chairman Terry Bull has defended his decision.

"Yes, his lack of experience in football - or, infact, at the age of 16, anything at all - might be worrying for some. But Duracell lasts longer. Where others might fall, we're let to believe he just keeps going on, and on, and he's unique in that."

The young gentleman himself is highly optimistic that he can turn the club's fortunes around after a dismal run that has included 11 defeats in their past 9 games.

"It's a huge task, but I'm relishing the challenge. I understand the job in hand and it's my job to take it by the scruff of the neck. With my experiences on Manager Mode on Fifa, I believe I am capable of recruiting a talented set of players from the continent and create playing style akin to my great Derby County and Northampton Town sides on Fifas 09 & 10 respectively."

The first task for Duracell is to recruit a right-hand man. Sources close to the battery-powered rabit suggest that he is keen for a similarly young, fiery young man to join him, albeit it with experience on a computer game such as Football Manager."

Hahaha :D

Alex W has joined Duracell Bunnys Kettering backroom staff today, snubbing reported interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona on his FM pc game.

After putting pen to paper on a deal worth 10 bottles of Jack Daniels a week, and the possible loan signing of Lindsey Lohan as his own secretary, Alex W said:, "I look forward to working with Duracell Bunny, he has a proven record at seeing talent, after all, hes signed me. And I would also like to quash rumours that I enjoy rabbit stew. I despise gravy....."

Asked if he thought Kettering Town could be promoted this season, Webber remarked, "I don't think we'll lose a game all season. I'll say this now: If we lose a game this season, I will personally shoot Boycie."

Hahaha :D

Alex W has joined Duracell Bunnys Kettering backroom staff today, snubbing reported interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona on his FM pc game.

After putting pen to paper on a deal worth 10 bottles of Jack Daniels a week, and the possible loan signing of Lindsey Lohan as his own secretary, Alex W said:, "I look forward to working with Duracell Bunny, he has a proven record at seeing talent, after all, hes signed me. And I would also like to quash rumours that I enjoy rabbit stew. I despise gravy....."

Asked if he thought Kettering Town could be promoted this season, Webber remarked, "I don't think we'll lose a game all season. I'll say this now: If we lose a game this season, I will personally shoot Boycie."

"Kettering Town assistant manager Alexander Webber has been arrested on suspicion of murder. The Poppies coach is alledged to have shot Boyice, an admistator of a Derby County internet forum, in the face in an outburst of bitter rage after Town's dissapointing 5-4 defeat to Rushden and Diamonds in his first game with the club..."

"Kettering Town assistant manager Alexander Webber has been arrested on suspicion of murder. The Poppies coach is alledged to have shot Boyice, an admistator of a Derby County internet forum, in the face in an outburst of bitter rage after Town's dissapointing 5-4 defeat to Rushden and Diamonds in his first game with the club..."

Kettering Town assistant manager Alexander Webber has been lambasted for his callous attitude during the 'Boycie go Bang' murder trial. After the prosecution brought out Boycies secret ladyboy Thai bride as a key witness, Mr Webber reportedly remarked "Man-Bitches be crazy" and slapped the judge, challenging him to a duel.

He was also cautioned for eating while court was in process, being asked to finish his stew during non trial hours. Reports that he was giggling and calling the stew 'Flopsy' have not been confirmed.....

Oh no it isn't....

11 defeats in 9 games?

• 11 months later...

Duracell and Alex - Bravo! :D

By the way - is this the thread that some people nominated for the Best Poster Awards thread last Christmas? I remember someone putting......when Alex applied for the job at Mansfield.....?

• 7 months later...

Archived