Bueno's Flip Flap

Srg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No,no, if we go up, they know we need to invest. They will have a player that they know exactly what they're getting.

Slim chance though, as unless we have agreed a cost, unlikely, there will be a massive bidding war for his services after a season in the shop window.

I get the feeling, listening to his interviews, that he would like to go back to Spain. He may change his mind if he gets a good offer, although I woulnd't expect it to come from us. Shame though.

I think if over the season Bueno proves to be worth £3m to Derby County then they would give Nigel the funds. A lot of fans might say he's already worth 2 or 3 mil. But Derby have performed well without him. Maybe he is worth that money as a player, but if he's not worth that money to our team (as in we don't need him like we needed Commons last season) then i can fully understand why they think £3m would be far far too much.

He's a class act. No arguments there. More than good enough for this squad. But if we continue to perform to the same sort of level with him not in the team then the board aren't going to pay a near on record fee. For that they would be looking to get a player who's contribution has the same effect as players like Stimac had. Commons last season too (performance wise not appearances).

Just wait and see really. He's already indicated he's happy in Spain with his family. We're performing with AND without him.

If we get promoted and he elevates our performances considerably over the course of the season.... then i'd hope we're in with a chance to keep him. It would put Bueno in the PL and Derby would have money to look forward to.

we would need at least 3 million, because he cost vallodolid 3 million euros, the exchange rate is 1.1 so it would roughly be 3 million, he is better than anyone else and did remarkbly well, we missed bailey on saturday, earson playing where bailey does and hashing it up big time, bueno won't come becasue the club won't fork out the money in my opinion.

I wish people would be realistic about this chap. Unless we go up there's not a chance in hell of signing him. He's too expensive and even if the board did stump up the cash why would be want to ply his trade at this level when he could walk in to 2/3rds of Premiership sides???

I'd love to see him sign I truly would but insisting we should and thinking we can makes us look a little stupid...

Archived