Bueno's Flip Flap

Srg

Robbie Fowler did also for Liverpool v Arsenal at Highbury years ago.

I remember that, as ludicrous as it sounds part of me thought he should have just passed it back to the keeper.

But that's taking it a bit too far. Remember it was a good finish, if memory serves.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watching it again....the defender jumps towards him.

Bueno over hit the ball and then I think he thought he might be on the receiving end of a two-footed challenge...so he took evasive action.

Thats my interpretation rather than a straight cheating premeditated dive...but I might be wrong. I thought it was a dive at the match.

You're right about Cywka and Commons going down easily. I think they are under instructions to play for free-kicks?

watching it again....the defender jumps towards him.

Bueno over hit the ball and then I think he thought he might be on the receiving end of a two-footed challenge...so he took evasive action.

Thats my interpretation rather than a straight cheating premeditated dive...but I might be wrong. I thought it was a dive at the match.

You're right about Cywka and Commons going down easily. I think they are under instructions to play for free-kicks?

I think it may be half and half then, perhaps. Half a dive, half just expecting the hit. Still not happy with it though.

I think they could be, perhaps they've been told "If you get hit, do down"? Though Commons kept hitting the deck in the first half yet in the second he kept on his feet. I wondered if Nigel might have had a few words with him at half time.

from where I was sitting, I immediately thought it was a penalty at the time.

Looking at replays since, it still looks like a penalty to me. Perhaps the Ssausagehorpe lad could also consider himself lucky not to be sent off with his attempted two footed stomp?

Just my totally unbiased opinion of course......

Robbie Fowler did also for Liverpool v Arsenal at Highbury years ago.

Really?

It's ridiculous that there hasn't been more fuss made of these two instances. It deserves more media attention than some ridiculous dive Eduardo did in a CL game.

Didn't Leicester allow Forest to score a goal at the begining of a League Cup replay (after a player collapse caused the game to be canceled) because Forest were leading?

Football is full of cheats. But just once is a while these little gems come along. Always think you can never make too much fuss of these moments in a time when the game is often perceived as more than just a game.

It's unsportsman-like.

Sod what the others are doing, stick to your principles I say.

I agree, but doing that has gotten us beat on many occasions. On set pieces games are won and lost, and if we have to be cute and join in then so be it. We can't be left behind and let other teams laugh at us.

I agree, but doing that has gotten us beat on many occasions. On set pieces games are won and lost, and if we have to be cute and join in then so be it. We can't be left behind and let other teams laugh at us.

I still don't think we should start doing this, i'd be proud if Derby were known as a team who didn't go down easily and were the most honest side around.

If you can't win without diving, you're a poor side indeed.

Fact still remains that I disagree that was an out and out dive. There was contact, he made sure the ref knew. Slight difference.

Either way, let's not let this deflect from what this thread was meant to be about. How absolutely unbelievable that skill was.

I don't think Cywka is like that.

He seems to love rattling at defenders to get the ball back and enjoys the challenge of receiving this treatment too.

I think on the odd occasion that he does go down, it's due to him being out-strengthed by much larger players.

Just my thinking though.

Fact still remains that I disagree that was an out and out dive. There was contact, he made sure the ref knew. Slight difference.

Either way, let's not let this deflect from what this thread was meant to be about. How absolutely unbelievable that skill was.

True, apologies for going off track.

Great bit of trickery, there was a great turn in the first half that left their entire cente of midfield dead, the boy can't half play.

I couldn't possibly see the move from where i stand, so i loved it when i saw it on the football League show. Just watched it again on iplayer, wish it had of happened at the other end. Certainly adds to what Commons and Cywka have. All the same player on paper but on the pitch all three have something different for defenders to sample.

Imagine now knowing your playing Derby and your going to have to deal with Cywka, Commons and Bueno. It's about time people feared Derby County a bit.

I have no problem with what Bueno did. He drew the tackle, and there was contact. He went down. No matter which way you look at it, it's a cast-iron penalty.

These are the types of dives I disagree with:

Where there is no contact and when you just jump over a defender or keeper to win a penalty, I disagree and that's a genuine dive.

Drawing a foul is clever play. As long as there IS a foul. So definitely a penalty for me.

to be fair from what ive been told clough snr was adament his players woudnt cheat, and that would be the education od nigel had, so wouldnt at all surprise me if this fairplaygamemanshipthingymajig is installed in the current squad

i did think it was a very soft penalty, but looking at replays id say it was the correct decision

Very good trick by Bueno at the weekend. I'd rank a trick by Mounir El Hamdaoui as the best at PP by a Derby player. He was on the left wing by the Toyota Stand and beat his marker by stamping on the ball, the ball then shot up into the air and Hamdaoui header it over the defender and ran round him. Pure magic.

I remember that, as ludicrous as it sounds part of me thought he should have just passed it back to the keeper.

But that's taking it a bit too far. Remember it was a good finish, if memory serves.

Sorry say Alex but your memory fails you, Seaman saved the penalty, but jason Mcateer scored the follow up!

From what I saw I am unsure whether or not it was a penalty, but the skill was amazing.

As for the 'diving debate' there are circumstances where I believe it is ok to 'dive' the best example is when the player 'dives' to avoid a tackle that could be career ending if impact is made, I remember a game last season in the prem, can't remember who, someone came flying in 2-footed the attacking player dived over the challenge and the ref booked him for diving, he then got sent off 5 mins later for 2 yellow cards.

I couldn't possibly see the move from where i stand, so i loved it when i saw it on the football League show. Just watched it again on iplayer, wish it had of happened at the other end. Certainly adds to what Commons and Cywka have. All the same player on paper but on the pitch all three have something different for defenders to sample.

Imagine now knowing your playing Derby and your going to have to deal with Cywka, Commons and Bueno. It's about time people feared Derby County a bit.

Working in Doncaster with a mixed lot of fans from other clubs it's interesting to judge their views on Derby. Your comments on the 3 musketeers are correct though, who do you put two players on, you can't put two on each of them and even if you do the chances are that they'll beat those two anyway. "Barnsley fan "I wish we had one of those 3". Similar comments from Blades fans but Donny fans are a bit more reserved despite still saying we're the best team they've seen since Newcastle last season.

Archived