Bueno's Flip Flap

Srg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been and gone Alpha, i'm like a ninja :cool:

Or a Man City manager.

The trick was brilliant. Taraabt did a little drag back at PP that was impressive but it didn't lead to anything.

Cywka threw himself into the air vs Pompey too which wasn't neccesary. I suppose you can't argue with the fact they milked it more than they should of. It's a shame players can't rely on referees to be braver in giving penalties. Hardly any will give a penalty unless the striker goes down. If they stay on their feet that the referees avoid having to make brave decision. I suppose you could say all Cywka and Bueno have done is make sure the foul that took place was given? Is that cheating?

Or a Man City manager.

The trick was brilliant. Taraabt did a little drag back at PP that was impressive but it didn't lead to anything.

Cywka threw himself into the air vs Pompey too which wasn't neccesary. I suppose you can't argue with the fact they milked it more than they should of. It's a shame players can't rely on referees to be braver in giving penalties. Hardly any will give a penalty unless the striker goes down. If they stay on their feet that the referees avoid having to make brave decision. I suppose you could say all Cywka and Bueno have done is make sure the foul that took place was given? Is that cheating?

Ha :D

It was very impressive to look at, great to see playes of that skill level at Pride Park.

I had this discussion with Bristol on another thread, personally I wouldn't go down unless that was the natural outcome of the challenge. That might be a stupid thing to do, as you might not get a decision, but it's just my way of doing things. Add to that if all your players did that, then referees would notice that your players only went down if it really was a foul, that could work in a teams favour.

I thought the Cywka one, while he did go down theatrically, was fair enough as he was blatantly caught. However, I don't believe Bueno was touched. The defender got right next to him, and Bueno threw himself into the air so that he would make contact with the player and make it look like a foul. I don't think that was a penalty at all, I would have booked him for diving had I been the referee.

What about Commons? He does the same sort of thing. It's any dumb defenders fault when they go into the back of him with his back to goal, but Commons does drop to the deck. Often falls on the ball too which means the ref has to give a free kick one way or another (and not many will give it against Commons for diving or obstruction etc). Does that bother you? It's playing the referee just as much as throwing yourself at a defenders outstretched leg.

Just curious.

It sometimes grates on me. But sometimes i'm happy to have a free kick in a dangerous position and find the defenders who fall for it a little bit dumb.

What about Commons? He does the same sort of thing. It's any dumb defenders fault when they go into the back of him with his back to goal, but Commons does drop to the deck. Often falls on the ball too which means the ref has to give a free kick one way or another (and not many will give it against Commons for diving or obstruction etc). Does that bother you? It's playing the referee just as much as throwing yourself at a defenders outstretched leg.

Just curious.

It sometimes grates on me. But sometimes i'm happy to have a free kick in a dangerous position and find the defenders who fall for it a little bit dumb.

Commons annoys me with it too, he doesn't, or atleast shouldn't go down that easy. I'd ******* him for it if I were his manager. I think Clough may have done, he didn't do it in the second half.

In a perfect world, or atleast in the team i'd create if I were in a position to, no player would dive or try and con the referee into anything. If they were tackled, i'd expect them to stay on their feet unless the challenge was too strong and they natural outcome would be them going down. If they were fouled, they'd keep going until the referee blew for it.

If they didn't, then just keep going, and don't complain. The amount of times i've seen a player sat down arguing with a referee when he could be contributing to getting the ball back is very annoying (Get about 3 of those a week on Match Of The Day)

Maybe i'm seeing things wrong, but it's just how I think a side should play.

I agree Alex.

Didn't Arshavin once win a penalty for Arsenal and then approach the referee to tell him that it was infact a fair tackle? Then the referee gave the penalty anyway?

It's a shame that being a c0ck gets you plenty of success in football. And nice guys finish last. :(

I agree Alex.

Didn't Arshavin once win a penalty for Arsenal and then approach the referee to tell him that it was infact a fair tackle? Then the referee gave the penalty anyway?

It's a shame that being a c0ck gets you plenty of success in football. And nice guys finish last. :(

He did indeed, been a big fan of his since that. He seems to have gone off the boil a bit recently.

I think if someone did create a team who did that, they'd get alot of plaudits from fans and referees, which would give them alot of swing when it came to decisions from refs.

I think someone should attempt it, you'd have the perfect team. A team of total footballers, honest as the day is long, who don't con refs and never go down easily. Add to that if you could get them defending as a unit, and a solid goalkeeper, you'd have a hell of a side. Possibly the best side ever.

Sod this journalism lark, i'm going into management....... ;):D

The funny thing is tho', on RD at half time they said they'd watched the replays with the commentator from Radio Humberside, and he said that after seeing the replays he thought it was a fair enough penalty award.

And yet the more I see it, the more theatrical it looks and the more I think "Blimey, he was lucky to get away with that!"

I wouldn't want to see Bueno go down in quite that fashion again. I think Sav needs to teach him the dark art of winning a peno.....

I agree Alex.

Robbie Fowler did also for Liverpool v Arsenal at Highbury years ago.

Archived