A Potential Problem?

dcfc_kev

My sister is getting married on the play off final day...i'm getting worried.

What would you do?

Thats obviously if the two events clashed and you were in my situation.

I no its a long way off, and alot could happen between now and then. But i'm curious as to what everyone would do?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explain to your sister that the bank holiday has had terrible weather for many years, also point out the money she could save having the wedding the weekend later.

Failing that convince her to marry in London at an appropriate time of the day.

On another note kev die to your often reliable and accurate information, please make your thread titles clearer, I **** my pants when I read that! Lol

Well, I'm afraid it would have to be the wedding for me.

As much as my love for Derby County exasperates my family at times, I wouldn't have to think twice about foregoing a play off final, to see my sister get married.

Families fall out and NEVER speak to eachother for less than that.

Derby County is very important in my life and comes above many things -but not my family.

You email Tom Glick, explain the situation to him, ask him to splash a few bob in January to further strengthen the team, he buys a good quality striker, Fielding stays on loan until the end of the season, Addo, Anderson, Porter and Davies come back strong and fit and make meaningful contributions, we put a run together that makes the current one look like we were just practicing, we win automatic promotion, no need for the play-offs, your sister gets married with you in attendance, everyone's happy.

Not that difficult really :D

Have you got a smartphone? If so, tell your sister to rig up a webcam, Wembley will have wifi, log on to her wedding, text her, tell her she's playing a blinder and the job's a good 'un.:D

Seriously, terrible dilema but I'd have to go to my sister's wedding, I'd do most things for The Rams, but I'd do anything for my sisters.

My sister is getting married on the play off final day...i'm getting worried.

What would you do?

Thats obviously if the two events clashed and you were in my situation.

I no its a long way off, and alot could happen between now and then. But i'm curious as to what everyone would do?

I would not worry too much :D

Well the problem is, after talking to family members it would seem the only option will be the one of attending the wedding. Its wont be good though because what should potentially be a really happy and good family day would see me really struggling to think about anything else other than the match. I even offered to pay for a screen at the wedding but that idea wasnt welcomed.

i guess i'll just have to hope i end up with a win win situation some how!

Archived